Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I think he's a great signing. Lot of experience. Big. Nice arm. Can move some. He's played against a lot of higher competition.

Let's remember we're in the D2 PSAC. Not the SEC.

He will surrounded with a massive line and elite skill position players.

With Irv and Duane on the outside ... you need a slinger.
    I agree. It appears that he is the "fit" for the offense that IUP needs. I hope he can adapt to the situation quickly. I wouldn't rule out Davis getting a lot of snaps, especially early in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

And maybe Woodbery wanted a chance to win at another program. Eastern Illinois have not had a winning season since 2017. The team has won a total of 5 games during Woodbery's three seasons at Eastern Illinois.
      Yeah I think you're right. Upside for IUP is that they have two experienced QBs to consider on top of the pretty decent underclassmen.

Comment

• Woodberry has been on campus since July and is getting a lot of work in with his teammates. So, I don't see a major issue in that regard.

I would agree I think this opens up some real neat opportunities for Javon Davis to be implemented in to the offense this year. They can run some really up-tempo packages with him from time to time. As defenses are getting tired out you can run a series or two with him running all over the place.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Dude it was mentioned they had a new Trigger in town, nobody said it was Kenny Pickett, calm yourself down. I give the staff credit, they didn't like what they saw in the Spring and acted accordingly.
          I think you totally missed my point lol... I hope the kid is great. I know nothing about him. Who he is or where he transferred from wasn't my point.

This message board is treated like Fort Knox. We're a bunch of jabroni fans of a D2 program. If you've got some information, post it. Unless the coaches know specifically who you are and what your account name is, I don't really understand why things need to be so secretive. Everybody on here is anonymous, unless they're not. So many people post that they are "hearing some big things." But then they never follow through with anything. Either they're just stoking the flames and have nothing, or somebody within the program knows specifically who they are and can't share the info. I love this message board, but yikes... Lol

Comment

Woodberry has been on campus since July and is getting a lot of work in with his teammates. So, I don't see a major issue in that regard.

I would agree I think this opens up some real neat opportunities for Javon Davis to be implemented in to the offense this year. They can run some really up-tempo packages with him from time to time. As defenses are getting tired out you can run a series or two with him running all over the place.
            Is the expectation that he is the starter (if he isn't already), or is it an open camp battle? They'll always say it's an open camp battle, but most of the time it never is.

Comment

• Article on Woodberry in today's Gazette (by Matt).

Comment

Article on Woodberry in today's Gazette (by Matt).
                Get him some clicks. A QB who does everything. Elaine Benes would be happy.

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...a38129ad6.html

Didn't realize Ramart left. Makes the transfer easier to understand.
                Last edited by Fightingscot82; 08-06-2021, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                  Anyone know why he left Eastern Illinois? Looks like he would have been the returning starter; 14th on their all time list.
                  I'm sure it was a well-thought-out decision. He was a Philosophy major at EIU.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Is the expectation that he is the starter (if he isn't already), or is it an open camp battle? They'll always say it's an open camp battle, but most of the time it never is.
                    According to the article, there suppose to be a camp battle. However, when one-year-mercenaries are brought in, the expectations are different. But to be honest, it is difficult to believe Davis will beat out a QB who started 16 FCS games, along with a season at the JUCO-level. However, I hope Davis plays well enough to earn reps in every game, not just blow-out/mop-up duties.

Comment

• Can we expect more "surprises" to the Fall roster?

Comment

Can we expect more "surprises" to the Fall roster?
                        Your going to be so so so so so surprised with who IUP got on defense!!! Top secret!

Comment

According to the article, there suppose to be a camp battle. However, when one-year-mercenaries are brought in, the expectations are different. But to be honest, it is difficult to believe Davis will beat out a QB who started 16 FCS games, along with a season at the JUCO-level. However, I hope Davis plays well enough to earn reps in every game, not just blow-out/mop-up duties.
                          What's he (Tort) going to say ... He can't publicly anoint this guy the starter prior to his first practice at IUP. I give Davis credit for sticking around. He could go many places and start immediately. I'm glad he's staying. Any QB (or any player) is one snap away from having his season end.

Comment

Can we expect more "surprises" to the Fall roster?

LOL. Only true thing on this board is each time we've hinted about these imports ... they show up.

We tipped off about the Clarion DE, the YSU LB, the YSU DB, the QB, etc.

The names don't post right away but the info has proven to be correct time after time.

Comment

LOL. Only true thing on this board is each time we've hinted about these imports ... they show up.

We tipped off about the Clarion DE, the YSU LB, the YSU DB, the QB, etc.

The names don't post right away but the info has proven to be correct time after time.
                              What Youngstown St LB ?

And how about the addition to the coaching staff ?

Comment

What Youngstown St LB ?

And how about the addition to the coaching staff ?
                                I noticed that the new RB's coach at IUP is Octavius Thomas who was a 4 year starter for Shepherd during the National Championship run. Exceptional defensive mind and I think he ends up as a DC or HC very quickly. Very bright future for OT and a good pick up for IUP.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X