Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Anybody notice who Texas A&M-Commerce plays this week? Fort Lauderdale.

Comment

• Good stuff. I hear they're recruiting heavily from Bishop Sycamore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Personal fouls are a memorable part of the last several years of Frank Sr. At least from my memory. IUP seemed out of control cocky at times and would get flagged for it.

I imagine Matt can find the stats to dispute this but I recall a lot of personal fouls in the 90s and early 2000s.

As a team, it gets you nowhere.
        http://www.indianagazette.com
        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Here's a funny one: During the infamous Brawl in the Fall ... IUP and #LIT-AF combined for just (6) flags the entire game. That game was so full of taunting, cheap shots, after-the-whistle crap, etc., ... and (6) total flags all day.

A huge part of how a game gets called is simply the crew assigned to the game. The crew in the Brawl in the Fall let that game get so heated and out of hand that, well, we know the ending. It should have never, ever got to that point. The handshake line should have never been allowed to happen. And, then, of course, those refs all did about a 4.4 forty to Zink Hall the moment that final buzzer went off.

Flipside, you get the crews who want to be the show and call EVERYTHING.

For the KCAC regulars, we have one crew in particular that almost makes the games miserable to watch. They think they're the dang show.

Comment

Here's a funny one: During the infamous Brawl in the Fall ... IUP and #LIT-AF combined for just (6) flags the entire game. That game was so full of taunting, cheap shots, after-the-whistle crap, etc., ... and (6) total flags all day.

A huge part of how a game gets called is simply the crew assigned to the game. The crew in the Brawl in the Fall let that game get so heated and out of hand that, well, we know the ending. It should have never, ever got to that point. The handshake line should have never been allowed to happen. And, then, of course, those refs all did about a 4.4 forty to Zink Hall the moment that final buzzer went off.

Flipside, you get the crews who want to be the show and call EVERYTHING.

For the KCAC regulars, we have one crew in particular that almost makes the games miserable to watch. They think they're the dang show.
            Does that crew include the hair gel model?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Does that crew include the hair gel model?
              Yes

Comment

Here's a funny one: During the infamous Brawl in the Fall ... IUP and #LIT-AF combined for just (6) flags the entire game.
                Nah, it was 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
                  My error. I just vividly remember they let so much stuff go that day.

Comment

• So, if they win their most penalized games, are there conclusions to be drawn from this?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

So, if they win their most penalized games, are there conclusions to be drawn from this?
                      Conclusion: If you get 19 penalties for 200 yards and win by 38 ... the team you are playing is terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

So, if they win their most penalized games, are there conclusions to be drawn from this?
                        My

Comment

Conclusion: If you get 19 penalties for 200 yards and win by 38 ... the team you are playing is terrible.
                          That game specifically brings back something else ... A while ago (maybe 10 years ago), I looked at statistical trends in the PSAC over about a 10-year period. For the most part, the team that led the league in opponent penalties (flags called on the other guys) was a bad team (i.e. Cheyney or Lock Haven usually). There was an outlier or two, but it seems that bad teams had a knack for drawing penalties. The question is why?

A month into the 2021 season, the top 3 in the PSAC in opponent penalties are Clarion, Millersville, and Seton Hill.

Comment

My

What is the PSAC average per game, per team? I don't know ... but I'd guess 4 to 8 flags per game. They happen. Holding. Offsides. False starts. You're going to get some. Inevitable. Same as high school, D1 and the NFL.

Control what you can control. The stupid personal fouls actually can be controlled. Those are the ones that drive me nuts. That's a quick 15. If on D, that's 15 and an automatic first down. Momentum killers.

I still want to see the 'taunting' in Duane's called back TD against Kutztown.

Comment

My
                              I would be interested in the mostly avoidable penalties for IUP like Unsportsmanlike Conduct, Unnecessary Roughness resulting from late hits, etc. It comes off as a lack of discipline but is there something in IUP's defensive culture that leads to those kinds of penalties where everybody just shakes their head. Is it aggressiveness that actually pays off in other plays?

A couple weeks ago Streater had an unsportsmanlike penalty. He just looked frustrated but everybody was saying IUP showed no life against Shep, maybe he was trying to motivate the defense?

Let me qualify, not saying penalties are good, either, but just asking a question. Like against Shep, I think the games with the unsportsmanliketype penalties probably end up as losses more often.

Comment

That game specifically brings back something else ... A while ago (maybe 10 years ago), I looked at statistical trends in the PSAC over about a 10-year period. For the most part, the team that led the league in opponent penalties (flags called on the other guys) was a bad team (i.e. Cheyney or Lock Haven usually). There was an outlier or two, but it seems that bad teams had a knack for drawing penalties. The question is why?

A month into the 2021 season, the top 3 in the PSAC in opponent penalties are Clarion, Millersville, and Seton Hill.
                                It might be that when you're playing a poor defensive team such as Clarion your offense is out on the field for a lot of plays, and when you're running a lot more plays than your opponent I would guess that would create the opportunity for more penalties.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X