Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They can't find officials. It is bad. A couple of them in Saturday's game had to be in their 70s. They just get out of position constantly. They aren't in the physical condition to be out there for 3-4 hours -- not to mention the safety factor of huge dudes moving that fast.

The Irv call ... I can't comment. From the home side it was pretty far away and a bad angle. The stadium doesn't show replay. Lord knows why. Even the video playback ... the camera angle was coming from the box so you couldn't really see what happened very clearly. I'd love to see video from the other side of the stadium.

Harry's TD was a joke. He gets tackled to the ground 8 yards in to the endzone and then the tackler rams his head down to the turf while getting up. No call. Obviously that got a reaction from IUP's players ... and Irv gets a flag. LOL what a joke.

I will say Duane almost got another taunting flag on his TD. The official just about threw it but held back and had a little chat with him instead.

That was a flag-happy bunch. GU had 9-10 called on them, too.

The 'taunting' needs a sit-down meeting to review. Most of the worst stuff I've seen this year they ignore and then the petty stuff they call.
    These psac refs are a joke!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You're just delusional! Quit being a HOMER!!!
      Please don't say "Homer"... You are waking up the echoes from the Mon Valley.
      Last edited by IUP24; 10-04-2021, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

If IUP had lost, it would have been PANDEMONIUM Homecoming weekend. The State Police would have brought in the horses and the chopper. Kevin Bacon and the ROTC would have instituted martial law on Philly Street.
        I know you're being sarcastic, but 90% of the student body didn't even know the outcome of the game lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I know you're being sarcastic, but 90% of the student body didn't even know the outcome of the game lol
          You're correct. Hate to say it. Odd thing here the football program and student following.

Oct. 16 will be the biggest event of the year at SRU. If the game was here it's not even close to the same vibe on campus compared to up there.

I gave up trying to figure it out years ago. Saturday seeing half the stadium leave during a tight game was disheartening.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Fire him by 6pm

Comment

• All very true. I think maybe the best players aren't as much better as we think they are, and most teams have good enough players to be competitive with good game day coaching, and any let down from the players on the "better" team.

The Gannon game was ugly for most the game, and IUP fans are naturally pessimistic, but on the positive side we know this

Irv Charles is who we thought he was
              Duane Brown is who we thought he was
              Harry Football seems pretty good, but hasn't taken control of a game yet - maybe this is the OC or maybe him. We haven't seen him against top competition yet.
              IUP has had no turnovers in 4 games
              IUP has a great punter
              I think the edge rushers - are going to improve alot, and be really good - the loss of the DL coach so close to the beginning of the season hurt, but I think they'll come around.
              The Kutztown win was big, they could easily be 2-2 right now. KU is clearly a good team, and its possible IUP will be its only loss going into the state game.
              The SRU game looms large, we don't really know how good SRU is, but they haven't been impressive either in the Wayne state, or ESU game. I Don't think Koester can do what Bagent did to the IUP secondary - I hope not anyway.
              I think a 2 loss IUP team is possible, 1 loss not impossible, 3 or more losses is a collapse I think - but they could collapse if the SRU game goes like the shepherd game,

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

All very true. I think maybe the best players aren't as much better as we think they are, and most teams have good enough players to be competitive with good game day coaching, and any let down from the players on the "better" team.

The Gannon game was ugly for most the game, and IUP fans are naturally pessimistic, but on the positive side we know this

Irv Charles is who we thought he was
                Duane Brown is who we thought he was
                Harry Football seems pretty good, but hasn't taken control of a game yet - maybe this is the OC or maybe him. We haven't seen him against top competition yet.
                IUP has had no turnovers in 4 games
                IUP has a great punter
                I think the edge rushers - are going to improve alot, and be really good - the loss of the DL coach so close to the beginning of the season hurt, but I think they'll come around.
                The Kutztown win was big, they could easily be 2-2 right now. KU is clearly a good team, and its possible IUP will be its only loss going into the state game.
                The SRU game looms large, we don't really know how good SRU is, but they haven't been impressive either in the Wayne state, or ESU game. I Don't think Koester can do what Bagent did to the IUP secondary - I hope not anyway.
                I think a 2 loss IUP team is possible, 1 loss not impossible, 3 or more losses is a collapse I think - but they could collapse if the SRU game goes like the shepherd game,

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I was talking about some of the people who post on here LOL

Comment

• I think 3 losses is possible and while certainly disappointing would make sense given what we've seen so far. IUP still has Rock and Cal, two teams that don't appear dominant but always come to play IUP. Its looking like IUP will indeed get West Chester in week 11, another team that doesn't appear dominant but is scoring points. I doubt IUP goes 0-3 in those games but I could see it happening. Also maybe one hangover/trap game in that bottom third, too, that could be shades of 2013 ;)

From an outsider perspective, I'd be worried that IUP this year reminds me of Cal in the Mike Kellar years. A lot of transfer pieces that on paper seem to come from another world but the team underperforms and underwhelms on the field. Intersplicing big time transfers is something SRU has done well but others have struggled with. Maybe with the new science building IUP can start a microchip implantation center? I bet there are some yokels in the surrounding area who probably assume IUP already does that LOL.

Comment

I think 3 losses is possible and while certainly disappointing would make sense given what we've seen so far. IUP still has Rock and Cal, two teams that don't appear dominant but always come to play IUP. Its looking like IUP will indeed get West Chester in week 11, another team that doesn't appear dominant but is scoring points. I doubt IUP goes 0-3 in those games but I could see it happening. Also maybe one hangover/trap game in that bottom third, too, that could be shades of 2013 ;)

From an outsider perspective, I'd be worried that IUP this year reminds me of Cal in the Mike Kellar years. A lot of transfer pieces that on paper seem to come from another world but the team underperforms and underwhelms on the field. Intersplicing big time transfers is something SRU has done well but others have struggled with. Maybe with the new science building IUP can start a microchip implantation center? I bet there are some yokels in the surrounding area who probably assume IUP already does that LOL.

Comment

• No man. I'm cheering for your ego. Go you!

Comment

No man. I'm cheering for your ego. Go you!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Big Hawk15 View Post
                              If iup puts some points on the board in the first half (like the 2017 team) they can be very scary. I think we can all agree on that.
                              Yea, but they jus don't. About halfway through the season, and they don't put pts up in the first half. Getting closer to that point in the year where "they are who they are."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Yea, but they jus don't. About halfway through the season, and they don't put pts up in the first half. Getting closer to that point in the year where "they are who they are."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X