Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Met an IUP professor friend for lunch at a nice little Italian & gourmet pizza place on Philadelphia Street a few years ago. Wanted to do Levity but they don't open for lunch. Philly Street is so much nicer now than what I recall 20 years ago. Its not West Chester but Indiana might be the 2nd best PASSHE downtown.
    Sounds like Josephine's. That's a pretty trendy pizza place.

Philly Street 20 years ago was a lot of slum college bars. Those are mostly still all here but there's now a nice mix of upscale dining options. There are actually some cool shops on Philly Street (not that many people ever shop downtown). They've also done a nice job making it much more aesthetically pleasing -- landscape, trees, etc. What I call 'lower Philly' has made a big comeback, too. They built two really nice looking apartment 'high rises' (by Indiana standards) for students. At the lower end you have Bruno's, Nap's and Josephine's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post
      From what I'm hearing, this should be one heck of a game environment. Sounds like a large contigency of Shepherd fans are going to make the trip.
      Is Shepherd bringing its band?

Comment

From what I'm hearing, this should be one heck of a game environment. Sounds like a large contigency of Shepherd fans are going to make the trip.
        Expecting it be standing room only tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Is Shepherd bringing its band?
          I haven't heard that they are.

Comment

I haven't heard that they are.

That used to be a given. I really enjoy when the visiting band travels. Adds to the atmosphere. But, it's getting pretty rare nowadays.

The Ray Parker Jr. Band will have to carry the load.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post

Expecting it be standing room only tomorrow.
              You might be right. I'm going to try to be 30-40 minutes early.

Comment

Al Patti's end of Philly. Right beside Benjamin's

Comment

That's a great question. I cannot remember, either.
                  :-)
                  Last edited by IUPNation; 09-17-2021, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• From the world of Twitter ... Javon and Duane Brown did interviews today so that means they are cleared for tomorrow. Big relief.

Comment

From the world of Twitter ... Javon and Duane Brown did interviews today so that means they are cleared for tomorrow. Big relief.
                          Iup reported only 11 positive tests for the entire university last week so odds are good that there is no covid impact on the game today

Comment

• Wouldn't be shocked if IUP wins this at home, but I would be if they hold Shepherd to 21. Based off of what I've seen from both teams so far, the team that plays the cleaner game wins this one. Both defenses are going to struggle in this one.

Comment

Wouldn't be shocked if IUP wins this at home, but I would be if they hold Shepherd to 21. Based off of what I've seen from both teams so far, the team that plays the cleaner game wins this one. Both defenses are going to struggle in this one.

Comment

• I'll take IUP as a home dog today.

Underdog term being based on lower ranking and the overwhelming number of people picking Shepherd.

IUP is rarely a home dog.

Sneaking suspicion they end the Slow Start Curse today. I suspect a feisty bunch.

Streater's return along with a big boost at LB depth returning should really help the defense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X