Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It seems like you are criticizing people who gave $25,000 of their own money to the football program to benefit student-athletes.
    Oh no not at all. For IUP's sake, I was curious if this was a "final and best" gift or if this was merely just a different arrangement from previous support.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Still not much word. Any news on the Fall roster, and what additions. Its as quiet as its ever been. I've heard about a few Juco and PSAC guys, but nothing else, any updates ?
      I've heard big names. Big transfers. Lots of coin coming in. Major bounce back types. Any holes or question marks: Filled and answered.

Stay tuned.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I've heard big names. Big transfers. Lots of coin coming in. Major bounce back types. Any holes or question marks: Filled and answered.

Stay tuned.
        A couple have leaked but by and large they've done an excellent job keeping them off social media.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

A couple have leaked but by and large they've done an excellent job keeping them off social media.
          This is a 2nd week of December type of team. Take the dump truck to your bookie. LFG.

Comment

This is a 2nd week of December type of team. Take the dump truck to your bookie. LFG.
            Let's worry about Week 1 for now. LOL.

From purely a fan perspective, this is about the most nerve-racking opening two weeks you can get. Although, I am starting to feel a little better based on some of the rumors floating around.

Comment

Let's worry about Week 1 for now. LOL.

From purely a fan perspective, this is about the most nerve-racking opening two weeks you can get. Although, I am starting to feel a little better based on some of the rumors floating around.
              There is no week 1.

Comment

Well, there are a few surprising QBs still uncommitted on the transfer portal, with only 1 year eligibility. Could it be a highly recruited HS QB that never worked out with D1 - I'd be shocked. But from what your saying, its not the #2 guy from morehead state

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

It seems like you are criticizing people who gave $25,000 of their own money to the football program to benefit student-athletes.

Comment

• We're one of them.

Comment

We're one of them.
                      But we were already used to having more money than everyone else..

Comment

If this team is a deep playoff caliber team, then I wish they pick up a "tune up" opponent prior to Kutztown.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

But we were already used to having more money than everyone else..
                          True. But, we need more.

Comment

True. But, we need more.

Comment

• There was some speculation regarding a couple projects at Miller Stadium (game days) near the end of the 2019 season.

One was that the plan was to add many canopies (for rent) in the area where the band currently sits -- kind of a 'suite' type section with food, etc. I assume this plan would have the Ghostbusters moving back to their old spot or perhaps to the opposite end of the field.

The other was more long-term but the fundraising was allegedly either under way or was about to start ... this involved the tunnel from MFH out to Miller.

In addition, hopefully the concrete work and new fencing is in the pipeline.

Comment

There was some speculation regarding a couple projects at Miller Stadium (game days) near the end of the 2019 season.

One was that the plan was to add many canopies (for rent) in the area where the band currently sits -- kind of a 'suite' type section with food, etc. I assume this plan would have the Ghostbusters moving back to their old spot or perhaps to the opposite end of the field.

The other was more long-term but the fundraising was allegedly either under way or was about to start ... this involved the tunnel from MFH out to Miller.

In addition, hopefully the concrete work and new fencing is in the pipeline.
                                I can hear that front runner Chris Fowler already drooling over the script o the teleprompter... Imagine this scenario... Lol

"And now we see the Crimson Hawks exiting their locker room from across the parking lot at the Memorial Field House, a historic building on the campus at IUP. It's a short walk to the stadium - about 90 seconds total from the door exiting the newly renovated locker room in basement of the field house. The doors will open, and there they will be asked to reach upwards and touch the statue, built to scale, of an adult red-tailed hawk with wings fully outstretched, donated by the former IUP player and NFL coach, Jim Haslett. A plaque at the base of the statue reads, 'I will fly high for IUP today.' Upon exiting the locker room, they will enter a dimly lit tunnel, only about four-feet wide. It's narrow and claustrophobic. And when they make the singular 90 degree left turn, it's when former players said they begin to get goosebumps.

There hasn't been a top ten opponent come into Miller Stadium for a nighttime contest since sixth-ranked Bloomsburg did so on a Thursday night back during the fall of 2011. There you see head coach Paul Tortorella leading his team through that short hallway. The 5th year coach found immediate success in his first year in 2017, taking over after being a longtime defensive coordinator for both Curt Cignetti and his father Frank, who this field is named after. In that 2017 year, the first year coach took down divisional rivals California and Slippery Rock. It's not been since that season that IUP has accomplished feat. Tortorella told us yesterday that, 'It takes a different kind of team to make it through that stretch unscathed. I think this group is different.'

Long pause ------- Players wait at the exit of the tunnel

A stadium worker points to the team indicating the music is cued up and ready for their entrance

"And here come the Crimson Hawks."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X