Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Found it interesting Tort isn't ruling out adding a transfer QB this summer. Sounds like there was a clear-cut winner coming out of the Spring.

Most Spring games were this weekend so the transfer portal will start blowing up tomorrow. Seems like some serious need for (more than one) DL immediately.
    DL help is on the way for sure, quality transfer from the PSAC a proven guy to boot.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

DL help is on the way for sure, quality transfer from the PSAC a proven guy to boot.
      Excellent

Comment

• IUP just knocked off SRU in the Women's Tennis PSAC Semifinals. The ladies will play for the title on Saturday.

Comment

IUP just knocked off SRU in the Women's Tennis PSAC Semifinals. The ladies will play for the title on Saturday.
          If they win just hand IUP the Dixon Trophy. :-D

Comment

• IUP Women's Tennis has won the PSAC title.

The final was tomorrow but it appears Millersville had to pull out (covid protocols).

That's three titles so far this spring.
            Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 04-30-2021, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Edinboro men's team won. I checked the roster - just like IUP women, 100% international.

Comment

IUP Women's Tennis has won the PSAC title.

The final was tomorrow but it appears Millersville had to pull out (covid protocols).

That's three titles so far this spring.

Comment

• Saw Marcus Johnson from Pittsburgh Obama Academy may walk on in the spring. I think that is news for IUP fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                    Saw Marcus Johnson from Pittsburgh Obama Academy may walk on in the spring. I think that is news for IUP fans.
                    Okay, 1. Who exactly is Marcus Johnson? 2. They have an academy named after Obama in Pittsburgh?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Okay, 1. Who exactly is Marcus Johnson? 2. They have an academy named after Obama in Pittsburgh?
                      Posted on PFN.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E0TqWJ3XMAEdfbS?format=jpg&name=small.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	577226

Comment

Seems like a project for IUP. His Twitter only flashed offers for DIII and JUCO. A PWO for new DII program Bluefield who offered everyone and in some cases some dads with remaining eligibility. But I will say that the City League is widely overlooked.

Yes, Obama Academy is a public 6-12 school in the Pittsburgh city schools. Its in the old Peabody HS building in East Liberty. They do the International Baccalaureate curriculum, which is considered to be pretty strong. I don't know if you can say that its the most academically prestigious of the city high schools but IB isn't easy either. Its a European education model.

Comment

Comment

Obama Academy is the combination of three Pittsburgh City Schools. I believe is was Schenley, Peabody and Pittsburgh Science and Tech School

Comment

• How do they rank the sports? I assume a title is worth so many points, etc.

Baseball is now 2-31 after getting swept by Clarion. They'll likely lose all four to SRU this weekend to end it and finish at 2-35.

The PSAC Track championships are this week.

The three titles we have so far this year are a great start. I just question how big of an anchor we have on the diamond.

Comment

How do they rank the sports? I assume a title is worth so many points, etc.

Baseball is now 2-31 after getting swept by Clarion. They'll likely lose all four to SRU this weekend to end it and finish at 2-35.

The PSAC Track championships are this week.

The three titles we have so far this year are a great start. I just question how big of an anchor we have on the diamond.
                                All sports are weighted equally but I believe they only consider so many given the range of sports offered by each member school. For example, if 14 schools sponsor football, then first place is worth 14 points. IUPNation has always felt that revenue sports should be weighted differently but I believe its the same formula as the Directors Cup at the national level.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X