Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Exposed for contact tracing purposes is close proximity, so roommates, close friends, or classmates. That's where sports is dangerous because it adds to it between practice, workouts, and locker room plus bus travel for games.

I feel like at this point you're not going to make much progress on anyone skeptical or opposed to the vaccine. They'll sit or quit and make themselves a Twitter martyr. So you have to just try to get as many of the "maybes" vaccinated as possible.

That's the part I can't grasp. I've been on football teams. You're 'exposed' to everybody -- constantly (practice, showers, travel, meals, meetings, weight lifting, parties, PlayStation sessions, etc.)

Comment

• Here is IUP's quarantine policy:

For fully vaccinated students (an individual is considered fully vaccinated when two or more weeks have passed after the receipt of the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series, or two or more weeks have passed after receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine):
      • You do not have to self-quarantine after a known exposure, but should monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms.
      • Get tested for COVID-19 three to five days after your exposure. Wear a face covering/mask when around others for 14 days following exposure or until you get a negative test result.

For unvaccinated students:
      • If you had a known exposure to a confirmed case: you should self-quarantine (remain in your room, do not go to class or attend events or got into public spaces) for:
        • Fourteen days from the last time you were in close contact with the individual with a confirmed case if you develop any symptoms of COVID-19;
        • Ten days from the last time you were in close contact with the individual with a confirmed case if you do not develop any symptoms of COVID-19; OR
        • Seven days from the last time you were in close contact with the individual with a confirmed case and a test done on or after day 5 is negative.

https://www.iup.edu/news-events/coro...ive-cases.html

Comment

Here is IUP's quarantine policy:

For fully vaccinated students (an individual is considered fully vaccinated when two or more weeks have passed after the receipt of the second dose in a two-dose vaccine series, or two or more weeks have passed after receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine):
        • You do not have to self-quarantine after a known exposure, but should monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms.
        • Get tested for COVID-19 three to five days after your exposure. Wear a face covering/mask when around others for 14 days following exposure or until you get a negative test result.

For unvaccinated students:
        • If you had a known exposure to a confirmed case: you should self-quarantine (remain in your room, do not go to class or attend events or got into public spaces) for:
          • Fourteen days from the last time you were in close contact with the individual with a confirmed case if you develop any symptoms of COVID-19;
          • Ten days from the last time you were in close contact with the individual with a confirmed case if you do not develop any symptoms of COVID-19; OR
          • Seven days from the last time you were in close contact with the individual with a confirmed case and a test done on or after day 5 is negative.

https://www.iup.edu/news-events/coro...ive-cases.html

The word 'should' is interesting. That's different than 'must'.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The word 'should' is interesting. That's different than 'must'.
          A lot of rural PA legislators a) think Covid is overblown, and b) refuse to allow the state to mandate anything. IUP is unfortunately handcuffed as a state entity. I think its clear that Brad commuting from Armagh isn't the same risk as Kaitlyn on the volleyball team living on campus and there can be differing requirements based on "how someone IUPs". Maybe they're wary of folks moving off campus if there's a vaccine requirement.

Comment

A lot of rural PA legislators a) think Covid is overblown, and b) refuse to allow the state to mandate anything. IUP is unfortunately handcuffed as a state entity. I think its clear that Brad commuting from Armagh isn't the same risk as Kaitlyn on the volleyball team living on campus and there can be differing requirements based on "how someone IUPs". Maybe they're wary of folks moving off campus if there's a vaccine requirement.
            How do the coaches know who has been vaccinated or not? Is it the honor system?

Comment

• Among our panel of Pick 'Em participants, ... thus far 28 have picked IUP, with 4 taking Kutztown.

For the 'game of the week' ... that's pretty lopsided. Typically these types of games are close to a 50/50 split.

I'm actually surprised the Bears aren't getting some more love. They've played a game, have an incredible defense and also have a two-game winning streak against IUP (granted, it goes back a ways).

What is likely throwing a wrench in to the Vegas odds (wink) is the uncertainty of the Kutztown QB. He left last week with what certainly appeared to be a knee or ankle injury and did not return. Tort is also still pretending to have a yet unresolved QB battle. The 'home field advantage' doesn't really mean much in this instance -- perhaps just a bit. Even when full, Miller is one of the more quiet stadiums around.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

How do the coaches know who has been vaccinated or not? Is it the honor system?
                I assume so. I imagine some rural PA legislators wouldn't react well if a state employee was telling students to show their vaccination card. There may be a process in place to securely share it with the school but I haven't seen that.

Comment

Among our panel of Pick 'Em participants, ... thus far 28 have picked IUP, with 4 taking Kutztown.

For the 'game of the week' ... that's pretty lopsided. Typically these types of games are close to a 50/50 split.

I'm actually surprised the Bears aren't getting some more love. They've played a game, have an incredible defense and also have a two-game winning streak against IUP (granted, it goes back a ways).

What is likely throwing a wrench in to the Vegas odds (wink) is the uncertainty of the Kutztown QB. He left last week with what certainly appeared to be a knee or ankle injury and did not return. Tort is also still pretending to have a yet unresolved QB battle. The 'home field advantage' doesn't really mean much in this instance -- perhaps just a bit. Even when full, Miller is one of the more quiet stadiums around.
                  The KU starting QB went 10-16 for 97 yards and his replacement went 11-13 for 130 yards. So, I don't think the Bears' QB situation changes the dynamic too much.

I watched the entire KU-Assumption game. KU outplayed Assumption in every phase of the game - but not by much. It was a very competitive game. So, if IUP lives up to the hype I think they will win the game.

Comment

Among our panel of Pick 'Em participants, ... thus far 28 have picked IUP, with 4 taking Kutztown.

Even when Nichols played last week the KU offense seemed just serviceable, pretty conservative the first game. The D won the game by shutting down assumption - but it wasn't the assumption offense of 3 years ago. The KU D against the IUP offense, if they live up to their hype, is the interesting matchup. -- anyone want to speculate on the starters ?

Comment

• Getting closer to Saturday, what do you guys think? I would think Coach Tort and the coaching staff have known who is going to be the week one starter for a couple weeks now. It still has not been announced to the public.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Even when Nichols played last week the KU offense seemed just serviceable, pretty conservative the first game. The D won the game by shutting down assumption - but it wasn't the assumption offense of 3 years ago. The KU D against the IUP offense, if they live up to their hype, is the interesting matchup. -- anyone want to speculate on the starters ?
                        The backup did look pretty even. However, he came in with the lead and it was pretty apparent Assumption wasn't going to score on Kutztown. He's not going to have that comfort level on the road and with the monster IUP DL looking to squash him.

Who knows. Maybe Nichols was just held out last week to rest because they didn't need him back in the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP FLA 12 View Post
                          Getting closer to Saturday, what do you guys think? I would think Coach Tort and the coaching staff have known who is going to be the week one starter for a couple weeks now. It still has not been announced to the public.
                          Said before camp it will be 'announced' when IUP comes out for its first offensive possession.

I still really think both are going to play. I foresee Harry Football taking 75% of the snaps but Davis will figure in to the offense. He has some wheels and can show a much different look. I'm not a fan of two QBs but this situation may warrant it.

It's fairly odd for a team to have two very different style QBs. Typically, they recruit similar skill set players. Davis and Harry are quite different. They can play that to their advantage. You bring in Davis when that D starts getting tired ... and he's fresh. That's tough to deal with ... Davis is a solid dude. DBs are going to have to hit him.

Comment

Said before camp it will be 'announced' when IUP comes out for its first offensive possession.

I still really think both are going to play. I foresee Harry Football taking 75% of the snaps but Davis will figure in to the offense. He has some wheels and can show a much different look. I'm not a fan of two QBs but this situation may warrant it.

It's fairly odd for a team to have two very different style QBs. Typically, they recruit similar skill set players. Davis and Harry are quite different. They can play that to their advantage. You bring in Davis when that D starts getting tired ... and he's fresh. That's tough to deal with ... Davis is a solid dude. DBs are going to have to hit him.

In my opinion the starter should be Davis. The young man has put the work and could possibly get replace by a guy who will be here one year. If they're "Close" like coach says then why not go with the guy who will be here longer?

Comment

• Originally posted by TerryBradshaw12 View Post

In my opinion the starter should be Davis. The young man has put the work and could possibly get replace by a guy who will be here one year. If they're "Close" like coach says then why not go with the guy who will be here longer?
                              Because next year they can bring in another one-year or two-year transfer.

Tort has some pressure this year. Not lose-my-job pressure but he has some pressure to beat Shepherd and SRU.

He's going to play, right now, whomever gives him the best shot. Worry about next year ... next year.

If they loved Davis ... Harry wouldn't be here.

Harry also took about 80% of snaps in the final scrimmage.

Comment

• Big Indians, how does Coach Tort have pressure? He led them to the final 4 in 2017 and has a 31-6 record in 3 years. Tort has the 3rd best winning percentage in the country for coaches with (3) or more years of experience. Not sure how Tort has any pressure.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X