X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    Originally posted by Rambaseball View Post
    Well, I am almost 60 yo and remember the NAIA days where the first game was always against the PSAC. Hated always starting the season 0-1. Shepherd has grown and developed over the years and now deserves the respect we have earned. There was a feeling of an inferiority complex especially for us older dudes. Didn't help that a lot of my friends went to PSAC schools....most to IUP...
    Caught a few years of Coach Barr?

Leave a comment:

• Rambaseball
    replied
    Well, I am almost 60 yo and remember the NAIA days where the first game was always against the PSAC. Hated always starting the season 0-1. Shepherd has grown and developed over the years and now deserves the respect we have earned. There was a feeling of an inferiority complex especially for us older dudes. Didn't help that a lot of my friends went to PSAC schools....most to IUP...

Leave a comment:

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It's tough to shake when for 25-30 years you've been told your not as good as the big boys. That's by every single team in the PSAC, shoot even this week there was some of the IUP trash (the new multi personality, fan boys, weak insult types) reminding us this isn't the MEC anymore. The mindset is we are still the upstart, but it's not really the case. Not sure any of us will really get over that part of our DNA since that is how we grew up as fans of the program.
    Been hearing it since '98 when we started enjoying some success in D2. Guess we shouldn't let it get to us given we've probably been the best SR1 team of the last decade.

Leave a comment:

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    I don't doubt that one bit.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    It's tough to shake when for 25-30 years you've been told your not as good as the big boys. That's by every single team in the PSAC, shoot even this week there was some of the IUP trash (the new multi personality, fan boys, weak insult types) reminding us this isn't the MEC anymore. The mindset is we are still the upstart, but it's not really the case. Not sure any of us will really get over that part of our DNA since that is how we grew up as fans of the program.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Monte's Catering Co. View Post

Its usually only a one week thing. Its hard to get too worked up when you have a .833 winning percent against said team. Just always love the ones who always think Shepherd isn't on the same level as IUP and the Rock. Yes, we are built different, but its a recipe that has worked well for us.

Leave a comment:

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Even when we stink we live in the haters heads!!
    Its usually only a one week thing. Its hard to get too worked up when you have a .833 winning percent against said team. Just always love the ones who always think Shepherd isn't on the same level as IUP and the Rock. Yes, we are built different, but its a recipe that has worked well for us.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

It's a budding rivalry!

It's a weird time as a fan, Ship is definitely #1 on the schedule as THE Rivalry game. I know as a former player and going on decade 2 as a fan, always had heard of the history of IUP had as premier program and we think we should be considered in that same breath. There always seemed to be a little animosity at the PSAC hierarchy thinking we couldn't compete with programs like that, so that might just naturally develop into a good rivalry. Coupled with the extensive playoff history between the 2, it's trending that way.

West Chester I'd imagine will get there as well and Kutztown. The battle of the Rams has a nice ring to it!

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Now that I can value! Cause I can tell you IUP has a special place in Shepherd's fan base.
    Even when we stink we live in the haters heads!!

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    It's a budding rivalry!

It's a weird time as a fan, Ship is definitely #1 on the schedule as THE Rivalry game. I know as a former player and going on decade 2 as a fan, always had heard of the history of IUP had as premier program and we think we should be considered in that same breath. There always seemed to be a little animosity at the PSAC hierarchy thinking we couldn't compete with programs like that, so that might just naturally develop into a good rivalry. Coupled with the extensive playoff history between the 2, it's trending that way.

West Chester I'd imagine will get there as well and Kutztown. The battle of the Rams has a nice ring to it!

Leave a comment:

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I despise the fact your team is 5-1 against us.

As far as I am concerned, Shepherd should be Public Enemy #2 to all IUP foosball fans.

Now that I can value! Cause I can tell you IUP has a special place in Shepherd's fan base.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Geez, more folks with a better life and way more football knowledge than me. This site is starting to make me feel bad about myself.
    HA!

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

I don't come to the D2 Football board to talk politics or trash people from other states. Honestly, its a freaking football game.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by The P in IUP View Post

A few new faces that will of make you miss the good old days of PSAC "I'm overly preoccupied with Lenny Williams" Homer
    Geez, more folks with a better life and way more football knowledge than me. This site is starting to make me feel bad about myself.

Leave a comment:

• Monte's Catering Co.
    replied
    I don't come to the D2 Football board to talk politics or trash people from other states. Honestly, its a freaking football game.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X