X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Nothing gets our team more fired up than looking up into the stands and seeing our fans wearing their IUP gear from the Co-Op Store.

Best. Commercial. Ever.

Leave a comment:

• BADinPA
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The IUP Marching Band has really hit rock bottom.

No...he can't be any worse and if he gets rid of Crimson Express he's already ahead of the game.
    I have missed news about the band director. This presents a golden opportunity to get the marching band back to once again be football oriented at football games. Recruiting is essential to restore the band to the legend it once was. I also believe Crimson Express needs to be put on a shelf of bad mistakes in a museum. The band would be well advised to rid itself of Ghost Busters and immediately bring back Cherokee! From a basketball perspective, it is time to have a pep band at home games.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Nothing gets our team more fired up than looking up into the stands and seeing our fans wearing their IUP gear from the Co-Op Store.

Best. Commercial. Ever.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Correct. They won't be allowed to name names. Tort will probably just say they have said numbers of players in protocol.

That said, I'm sure the players won't even be allowed in the stadium so it probably won't be too hard to figure out for those attending in person.
    If they live on campus they'll be sequestered or sent home. One advantage of the extra housing capacity, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

That's a great question. I believe at most schools the campus health center is conducting the testing and they fall under HIPAA, so most likely not. At this level it might sneak out through local gossip. Maybe it becomes known if the player posts it himself.

I assume they'll be using rapid tests but unsure about protocol for deciding when someone enters or comes out of quarantine.
    Correct. They won't be allowed to name names. Tort will probably just say they have said numbers of players in protocol.

That said, I'm sure the players won't even be allowed in the stadium so it probably won't be too hard to figure out for those attending in person.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    If a player can't play because they test positive will it be made public? In other words, when will we know?
    Probably around 5:15 p.m. on Saturday when this board blows up after the game.

Unless it's a star it may take us a bit to even realize who isn't out there.

It's going to suck going through this every week -- some weeks the fear will obviously be much higher than others.

These first two weeks and then that Cal/SRU stretch ... I think if I was Tort I'd lock the team in the basement of the field house. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    If a player can't play because they test positive will it be made public? In other words, when will we know?
    That's a great question. I believe at most schools the campus health center is conducting the testing and they fall under HIPAA, so most likely not. At this level it might sneak out through local gossip. Maybe it becomes known if the player posts it himself.

I assume they'll be using rapid tests but unsure about protocol for deciding when someone enters or comes out of quarantine.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    As a campus, IUP is at (34) confirmed Covid cases.

I think today is testing day for the football team. Keep your fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Excellent article in the Gazette today by Matt on the passing of Tim Singel.

Today is the 20-year anniversary.

I was a senior at IUP when that happened. Seems like yesterday.
    Thanks. Here's a link to the story.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Excellent article in the Gazette today by Matt on the passing of Tim Singel.

Today is the 20-year anniversary.

I was a senior at IUP when that happened. Seems like yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Sounds like the offense looked much better in Friday's final scrimmage. The QBs had much better stat lines.

Irv Charles had a big day.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Do they say Appalachian with a aa or an ay?
    Depends how many Natty Lights.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Game Week has arrived. IUP vs Kutztown flows right in to the Philadelphia Street-closed-down Appalachain Festival. No Clarks this year. Instead, a popular 80s cover band is headlining.

Has IUP ever had two big games such as these to start a season?

Any word on the Kutztown QB (injury)?
    Do they say Appalachian with a aa or an ay?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Game Week has arrived. IUP vs Kutztown flows right in to the Philadelphia Street-closed-down Appalachain Festival. No Clarks this year. Instead, a popular 80s cover band is headlining.

Has IUP ever had two big games such as these to start a season?

Any word on the Kutztown QB (injury)?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X