• Big Hawk15
    replied
    Originally posted by iuphawks View Post

cal is a lot better than slimy pebble.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

"Everyone" counted IUP out? I'm a Ship fan, and I never counted them out. They beat a good Kutztown team that likely will win the Eastern Division and lost to a Shepherd team with the best QB in the conference. Why on Earth would you count them out?

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post
    IUP STEAMROLLS CAL THIS WEEK. Going to be a fun game to watch. Everyone counted iup out, and the negativity only grew. But the way they MANHANDLED the bottom feeder SRU. I see this team handling its business week in and week out.
    "Everyone" counted IUP out? I'm a Ship fan, and I never counted them out. They beat a good Kutztown team that likely will win the Eastern Division and lost to a Shepherd team with the best QB in the conference. Why on Earth would you count them out?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

IUP struggled against Gannon. Fairmont I think was Cal's first game, so that can be explained after a 2 year layoff between games. Can't blow everyone out, hell Shepherd was lifeless against Millersville virtually last weekend.
    I get it. Everybody has off weeks. I'm just trying to make sense of the California love fest going on ...

Of course ... they win Saturday and, hell, they may be No. 1 in the polls.

But ... let's hold the champagne until they prove something.

We saw what happened to SRU last week when they finally played a team with a pulse.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

So I keep hearing ... but, how do we know this? They haven't played anybody -- and struggled with very average teams like Fairmont State and Edinboro.
    IUP struggled against Gannon. Fairmont I think was Cal's first game, so that can be explained after a 2 year layoff between games. Can't blow everyone out, hell Shepherd was lifeless against Millersville virtually last weekend.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iuphawks View Post

So I keep hearing ... but, how do we know this? They haven't played anybody -- and struggled with very average teams like Fairmont State and Edinboro.

Leave a comment:

• iuphawks
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPFOOTBALLALUM View Post
    IUP STEAMROLLS CAL THIS WEEK. Going to be a fun game to watch. Everyone counted iup out, and the negativity only grew. But the way they MANHANDLED the bottom feeder SRU. I see this team handling its business week in and week out.

Leave a comment:

• iuphawks
    replied

OK. So, nobody outside of the program would know these details. Are you a player?

I hope. We never get the 'inside' knowledge.
    im not a player lol

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

That explains that.

So, getting deeper down the depth chart we have the true freshman Vinnie Sirriani (who I believe is playing special teams) and also the big boy true freshman from McKeesport (who they moved over to DL in practice).

Knock on wood we roll with Malik, Justice and Dayjure the rest of the way. Houser ... would be great, but, ... starting to look like a lost season for him. Question is ... somebody like him viewed as a future star ... do we want to burn a year for him to play just a handful of games ... or shut him down and have him next 3 years?
    I would still bring him back sometime this season. I just would make sure I do not rush him back, especially if IUP defeats Cal U. You need your physical backs for playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    OK. So, nobody outside of the program would know these details. Are you a player?

I hope. We never get the 'inside' knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

It would certainly be an option, I think there's another factor you need to take into consideration with D-II athletes that you don't at the higher levels.

With an Adam Houser, he might be thinking about his education first. When he gets that degree -- and coming out of the Cooks Honor College, that will be a degree carrying some weight -- he might be looking to start a professional career (not football). He might not want, or take, that extra year -- especially if his family is footing part of the bill, or he's taking out some loans.

Like I said, it's not something that a starting linebacker for Clemson would necessarily be thinking about. A running back at IUP? More possible.
    Thanks for the reminder. I thought I recalled Houser was accepted to the Cooks Honor College.

Leave a comment:

• iuphawks
    replied

Well maybe he's finally eligible? No idea how that works. In high school you can be ineligible and then become eligible at a certain point. Is that the case in D2?

Hope so. However he looked in camp he had some nice film from Edinboro. Come late OCT you cannot have enough healthy RBs.

IUP's special teams have been fantastic. Return. Coverage. Kicking. Punting.

Best in 20 years as a whole.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

It would certainly be an option, I think there's another factor you need to take into consideration with D-II athletes that you don't at the higher levels.

With an Adam Houser, he might be thinking about his education first. When he gets that degree -- and coming out of the Cooks Honor College, that will be a degree carrying some weight -- he might be looking to start a professional career (not football). He might not want, or take, that extra year -- especially if his family is footing part of the bill, or he's taking out some loans.

Like I said, it's not something that a starting linebacker for Clemson would necessarily be thinking about. A running back at IUP? More possible.
    Yes. And I think for a lot of athletes that extra year of Covid eligibility won't matter. Time to move on from college for a lot of people. Not all, of course.

Regarding Houser's ankle, it's best to make sure it's healed up and less prone to future injury, especially with IUP's depth at the position.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

True. But, wrapping up a year of post-grad on IUP's tab would be good, too.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X