X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    No worries with Grubbs back at Punter ... but ... am I missing something or are we looking at a true freshmen camp battle for the starting kicker job?
    If I recall. Tort was pretty high on one of those kickers. I just can't remember which one.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Tyler Luther was here in the spring and did pretty well. It's his job to lose, I suppose. BTW, he is the son of former Lock Haven coach Mark Luther.

The roster can be a bit confusing because of the extra year the NCAA is giving everyone. The guys who signed in February 2020 came to IUP in the fall of 2020 and played in spring ball 2021, but are technically true freshmen because there was no 2020 season to redshirt.

One interesting name I spotted with next to no fanfare was Indiana High's Malik Turner. He could be a nice land. He's a fantastic athlete ... strong, fast. His senior year at IHS he was kind of a one-man-show from what I recall. That wasn't a real good IHS team.

I see IUP is listing him as a LB. I can see him being an immediate special teams ace.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    No worries with Grubbs back at Punter ... but ... am I missing something or are we looking at a true freshmen camp battle for the starting kicker job?
    Tyler Luther was here in the spring and did pretty well. It's his job to lose, I suppose. BTW, he is the son of former Lock Haven coach Mark Luther.

The roster can be a bit confusing because of the extra year the NCAA is giving everyone. The guys who signed in February 2020 came to IUP in the fall of 2020 and played in spring ball 2021, but are technically true freshmen because there was no 2020 season to redshirt.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Looks that way. 3 of 4 kickers are true freshmen. The kid from Mechanicsburg is the only one I could find much info on. 3 years experience as the starting kicker. Accuracy numbers were alright but he did hit a 51 yarder.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Roman resides in Florida. Sleeper RB the Woody kid from Edinboro.
    I'm surprised Woody landed at IUP but he's a good pickup. He's short but can make some moves. I'm curious about what he can do with IUP's line. My only question is that I was told he left over playing time and he's walking into a crowded RB crew at IUP. But he also has time - I believe with the extension he'll have 3 years of eligibility.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Roman resides in Florida.
    I wish him luck. It's just that I would rather see him anchoring IUP's OL than West Florida's.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Roman is a grad transfer at West Florida. Haynes and Geisinger did not come back in spring '21.
    DL Logan Danielson (Thomas Jefferson HS), who was a huge get in recruiting, is ineligible. But Tort says he could be back in spring '22.
    Not quite sure how the kid played for TJ or got his diploma? Did he pass through the Clearing house? Yikes!!!

Leave a comment:

• IUP412
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Roman transferring to West Florida is kinda painful.
    Roman resides in Florida. Sleeper RB the Woody kid from Edinboro.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Yeah ... WTF

But ... Panama City is a little more appealing than Indiana, Pa.
    Is it? Flori-duh is a total ****hole that is overrun with the Rona, has a Meathead for Gubner and their local congressman is under investigation for sex trafficking a minor.

...not to mention the daily antics of Flori-duh Man.

Bugs Bunny had the right idea...

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    I didn't see as many transfer "one-year-mercenaries" as posts led me to expect.
    Out of the 12 transfers that Coach Tort announced ( https://iupathletics.com/news/2021/8...ing-staff.aspx), 4 are either RS-Sr or Grad students. The rest have at least 2 years of eligibility remaining.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    I didn't see as many transfer "one-year-mercenaries" as posts led me to expect.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Pensacola but same sentiment lol
    SMH...you ain't right Fightingscot82.... :)

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Considering the potential for big roster shake-ups, IUP looks pretty stable. I thought there was the possibility of Ken Roman coming back (maybe that was last year) but I don't see his name. Also, Javonte Haynes started as a freshman DB and he appears to be gone. Some other names are missing but no real impact players. Oh, also DB Geisinger but we still have some depth in the secondary.
    I knew it was someone in the secondary that was missing. Hayes was a pretty good young talent. And Geisinger was a contributor. We shall see how this unfolds.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Yeah ... WTF

But ... Panama City is a little more appealing than Indiana, Pa.
    Pensacola but same sentiment lol

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X