Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    I saw where Ben McAdoo was interviewing for the Carolina Panthers OC job.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has offered Kiski Area LB Brayden Dunmire.

He is from the same school as current LB DDB.

He's a TOUGH player with nice size.

Edinboro offered him back in November along with some others.

Word is IUP is the front-runner.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tort got a commit from a big boy today. Alex Fox, OL, New Castle (6'5", 310 lbs).

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

You're certain he hasn't?

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Interesting that he's never really pushed to be a head coach!
    You're certain he hasn't?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Frank Cignetti Jr. rumored to be next Pitt OC
    Interesting that he's never really pushed to be a head coach!

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    They also offered his high school teammate, CB Tyrell Ford.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP has offered Central Daughin East QB Tony Powell (6'4", 210 lbs).

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Word on the street is LB Connor Kelly is staying for another year. That's big.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

A longer time than Shepherd, for example. There are other successful QB's in the PSAC and D2 that were recruited from HS and developed within the program.

I'm sort of playing devil's advocate here because I want IUP to have a really good QB. They have to. But, at the same time, delegating HS recruits to a bench role (e.g. Davis) does have some problems.
    It seems like once you start down this transfer QB path ... it's hard to break away from it.

I'm 100% sure other schools are using that against IUP in recruiting high school QBs. Sure, they keep signing a couple here and there, but I know they lost out on several of their top targets the past couple years.

At the same time, IUP has had a pretty good run with QB imports. I think we'd all agree we'd like to get at least two years out of these guys. Sometimes there's a one-year guy that is just too good to pass.

This coming year, ... they return an abundance of talent and experienced players. They have to get a stud out of the portal who is ready to go on Day 1.

Keep in mind I think Davis was seen as more of the next Lenny ... similar size, skill set, etc. The year with Maxwell seemed to open their eyes to a big, big arm QB ... and the offense changed dramatically. Davis' skill set just didn't really fit with what they were trying to do. He didn't have a big arm, etc. And, remember, Davis allegedly won the job out of Spring last year but the word was nobody felt real warm and fuzzy about it. He caught Kutztown (and all of us) off guard when he started the first game. Once there was a game of film on him, Shepherd crushed him. They knew he couldn't throw deep and just hammered the short stuff.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Well, to be frank, yes, we can probably disregard those guys in regard to the starting QB role.

It's abundantly clear they are bringing in a QB. It's just a matter if he's here for Spring Ball or not.

It's been a long time since IUP rolled with a high school recruited QB. Long time.
    A longer time than Shepherd, for example. There are other successful QB's in the PSAC and D2 that were recruited from HS and developed within the program.

I'm sort of playing devil's advocate here because I want IUP to have a really good QB. They have to. But, at the same time, relegating HS recruits to a bench role (e.g. Davis) does have some problems.
    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 01-12-2022, 02:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Can we completely disregard the guys we recruited out of high school? If so, then what is the point?

There are 3 highly touted guys listed as quarterbacks. I know the guy from Homer City was moved around to other positions but I would like to hear some points of view, or better yet, inside information.
    Well, to be frank, yes, we can probably disregard those guys in regard to the starting QB role.

It's abundantly clear they are bringing in a QB. It's just a matter if he's here for Spring Ball or not.

It's been a long time since IUP rolled with a high school recruited QB. Long time.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Gotta spend some major time on punt protection, too, this Spring. Just sayin'

Transfer-wise ... haven't seen too much. They are doing a good job keeping this stuff close to the vest.

I sure hope they found their QB and he's here for the Spring. Going through the whole session with the remaining (deep) backups doesn't seem like it would be real productive.

Sometimes those 'lower level' FCS guys are pretty good. Look at Harry Football. They dug him out of the basement of FCS.
    Can we completely disregard the guys we recruited out of high school? If so, then what is the point?

There are 3 highly touted guys listed as quarterbacks. I know the guy from Homer City was moved around to other positions but I would like to hear some points of view, or better yet, inside information.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X