Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I think the earlier signing date for D1 helps a bit, too. Kids realize sooner that they aren't D1 material and don't hold out until NSD for that D1 offer that's never coming. I did see a kid choose an FBS PWO over D2 offers but I think we'll always have that.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

HS kids are getting risky. Spend money on them and then they yap about getting redshirted. If your team stinks they leave after a year. Uncle Johnny said they're SEC quality. Retention is tough these days.

Transfer recruiting is becoming the new way of life.
    True, but teams will still have to recruit out of the high schools, or there will eventually not be players available to transfer. And not all players who transfer are of star quality.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

HS kids are getting risky. Spend money on them and then they yap about getting redshirted. If your team stinks they leave after a year. Uncle Johnny said they're SEC quality. Retention is tough these days.

Leave a comment:

• EdinboroFB
    replied

Like Mack Brown said now you play your 2 deep because guys might not be around. Also, keeps more guys happy and more guys ready to play.

Ya, once they transfer it's harder to transfer again....a perk of getting the transfers. But as far as d2 schools there is an opportunity to get better hs kids that wouldnt of dropped before.
    Even if they leave in 3-4 years and not everyone will leave. I think with things changing one avenue for d2 is getting the better hs kids that mightve went d1 before. Those d1 scholarships basically are getting cut in half.

He also said juco's are now basically last among the transfer prospects when you can get proven 1aa guys etc and other options for immediate help when juco used to be one of the few ways to do that. Maybe juco is another opportunity for d2 more so than before too.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    There has got to be a ton of QB's floating around. Any from D1 though probably want another D1 as of now until it's clear that won't happen for them. Another thing about the portal affecting D2 is now you dont have to go down to play right away.

One benefit I guess though is more HS talent falling to lower levels. I talked to a group of 5 coach recently and he said half of their recruiting class will be transfers now.

Leave a comment:

• EdinboroFB
    replied
    There has got to be a ton of QB's floating around. Any from D1 though probably want another D1 as of now until it's clear that won't happen for them. Another thing about the portal affecting D2 is now you dont have to go down to play right away.

One benefit I guess though is more HS talent falling to lower levels. I talked to a group of 5 coach recently and he said half of their recruiting class will be transfers now.

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

I would say be patient. Just because it's not blasted on social media or on this forum doesn't mean there isn't talks going on.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Footballfanofall View Post

I would say be patient. Just because it's not blasted on social media or on this forum doesn't mean there isn't talks going on.
    If they like him, I hope it works out.

But, I know one thing for sure, nothing regarding this program stays quiet for too long.

Leave a comment:

• Footballfanofall
    replied
    I would say the initial buzz around Logan Leiby and IUP has come to an end.

Leiby posted some new highlights, etc., on Twitter the other day. If IUP was going to offer him surely you'd think that would have happened by now.

I'd be real interested in Clarion RB McGriff. I know IUP has two studs back next year. But, as we see year after year, you can never have enough. But, McGriff is likely going to require close to a full ride. They probably have more pressing issues within the salary cap.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    It would not surprise me if he signs with Bowie State...or even Frostburg State.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It must have been a fluke.
    No. Rams are the favorite to win the women's conference title.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Shepherd's women won, though. ;)
    It must have been a fluke.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Shepherd's women won, though. ;)

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Joe lost maybe a Top 5 player in the country to a blown ACL. They are still good

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Thank you IUP Men's Basketball for beating **** Shepherd.

:-)
    Joe lost maybe a Top 5 player in the country to a blown ACL. They are still good

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X