X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Just saying this year's over. Why not see what you have in a further look at Javon?
    He's been in the program for 4 years so that's a pretty good look. Plus, who knows, he could graduate and not even be here next year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

By that logic, should Charles, Anderson, Evans, Dauberman, Carter, Newell, Streater and Gibson sit out the last two games, too?
    Just saying this year's over. Why not see what you have in a further look at Javon?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

What does the kid from Homer City play now?
    Officially ... not sure. Tort said a couple shows back they were trying him out on both sides of the ball.

He mentioned possibly at TE or safety.

He's a really good athlete so as he develops I think they will find a home for him somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    If you plan on Javon next year it makes no sense to start Harry.
    By that logic, should Charles, Anderson, Evans, Dauberman, Carter, Newell, Streater and Gibson sit out the last two games, too?

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Javon can never duplicate game experience in practice. You could also say Harry had his shot and it's now basically time to prep for 2022.

Or, you can say IUP (and Tort) desperately need to win these last two -- head to '22 with some momentum and get some positivity flowing again. Heck, maybe play both. Javon could be a spark at this point with a different look.

I think they likely roll these last two. This team just can't play at home ... it's like some whacked out Dr. Phil level stuff. Tort said tonight he has no idea why they struggle inside Miller. That said, I wouldn't even bet your money on this week's game. At least in 2018 when they bailed the season was over. Hard to say what we'll see Saturday.

Regarding the two freshmen, the kid from Homer City has already switched positions. Horn, yes, is likely a career backup.

It's going to be a big decision on Javon. My bet is a transfer QB gets added either way.
    What does the kid from Homer City play now?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know how much that helps Javon going into next season. Harry made a decision to come to IUP - he could have gone elsewhere - why not start him?

Not to mention that IUP currently has 3 other QB's on the roster. I think Horn is probably a career back up but either of the two freshmen could be the QB of the future.
    Javon can never duplicate game experience in practice. You could also say Harry had his shot and it's now basically time to prep for 2022.

Or, you can say IUP (and Tort) desperately need to win these last two -- head to '22 with some momentum and get some positivity flowing again. Heck, maybe play both. Javon could be a spark at this point with a different look.

I think they likely roll these last two. This team just can't play at home ... it's like some whacked out Dr. Phil level stuff. Tort said tonight he has no idea why they struggle inside Miller. That said, I wouldn't even bet your money on this week's game. At least in 2018 when they bailed the season was over. Hard to say what we'll see Saturday.

Regarding the two freshmen, the kid from Homer City has already switched positions. Horn, yes, is likely a career backup.

It's going to be a big decision on Javon. My bet is a transfer QB gets added either way.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    I still think if they start Harry these last two games it's a clear sign they'll bring in another import for next year.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't know how much that helps Javon going into next season. Harry made a decision to come to IUP - he could have gone elsewhere - why not start him?

Not to mention that IUP currently has 3 other QB's on the roster. I think Horn is probably a career back up but either of the two freshmen could be the QB of the future.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I still think if they start Harry these last two games it's a clear sign they'll bring in another import for next year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    On a sad note, long time IUP coach Bernie McQuown passed away over the weekend. He was well liked by players and coaches alike
    Oh no!

I'm sorry for his family's loss.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

Irv dislocated thumb.
    OUCH!!!!!!

I dislocated my left shoulder twice...once in high school in 1983 and again as an adult in 2006.

It ****************** hurts.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 11-01-2021, 05:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    On a sad note, long time IUP coach Bernie McQuown passed away over the weekend. He was well liked by players and coaches alike
    INDIANA GAZETTE: Community mourns loss of former teacher, counselor, coach

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I admit that I missed the player quotes were from one guy. Tort was quoted, but it wasn't anything majorly noteworthy.
    Actually, upon re-reading, Fisher and Dauberman were quoted. Tort was quoted but it was minimal. Not much to say, I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied

There is only one player quoted. No quotes from the HC.
    I admit that I missed the player quotes were from one guy. Tort was quoted, but it wasn't anything majorly noteworthy.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...b7a9e1019.html

From how I interpreted those player quotes, it sounds like IUP was on auto-pilot. Show up, do our thing, and we're in.

I still think Nulph noticed that IUP was using the same special teams playbook they used in 2019.
    There is only one player quoted. No quotes from the HC.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X