• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iuphawks
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Commenting on your comments:

1. Irv dressing and not playing -- by the way it put the offensive staff in to a coma -- ruined the season. I suspect we'll hear tomorrow.

2. Woodberry was under heavy heat most of the day. Also, see No. 1. Reference: coma. That was the most boring play-calling ever. The IUP OC is fascinated with also throwing low-probability fades, etc., all day long. If said OC just worried about first downs yesterday they'd have been in much better shape.

3. Edinboro no doubt saw Cal pick them apart with the dink and dunk. Edinboro was hitting 7-9 yard routes whenever they wanted to. IUP was getting no heat on the QB. Not sure the QB even got touched.

4. You give up the punt block heard round the (d2) world last week. One so bad, in fact, it cost you the game. Fix it, right? A week later the first punt gets blocked. A series later the next punt gets blocked. Three in a row. This week's version ignited a major underdog and gave it a TD. The onside kick was a great call. Obviously they had huge momentum and IUP never saw it coming. The FG ... I think he just missed.

5. As fans, we're used to dumb personal fouls. Gave up on that long ago. I think Tort builds it into the game plan ... expecting a couple weekly, that is.

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

He's not leaving here to stay in D2. It wouldn't shock me if he tests the D1 waters.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    He's not leaving here to stay in D2. It wouldn't shock me if he tests the D1 waters.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

WR ... hope Duane stays. Try everything to get the kid from Clarion.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

1. Irv dressing and not playing -- by the way it put the offensive staff in to a coma -- ruined the season. I suspect we'll hear tomorrow.

2. Woodberry was under heavy heat most of the day. Also, see No. 1. Reference: coma. That was the most boring play-calling ever. The IUP OC is fascinated with also throwing low-probability fades, etc., all day long. If said OC just worried about first downs yesterday they'd have been in much better shape.

3. Edinboro no doubt saw Cal pick them apart with the dink and dunk. Edinboro was hitting 7-9 yard routes whenever they wanted to. IUP was getting no heat on the QB. Not sure the QB even got touched.

4. You give up the punt block heard round the (d2) world last week. One so bad, in fact, it cost you the game. Fix it, right? A week later the first punt gets blocked. A series later the next punt gets blocked. Three in a row. This week's version ignited a major underdog and gave it a TD. The onside kick was a great call. Obviously they had huge momentum and IUP never saw it coming. The FG ... I think he just missed.

5. As fans, we're used to dumb personal fouls. Gave up on that long ago. I think Tort builds it into the game plan ... expecting a couple weekly, that is.
    IUP got 3 sacks on Bernard. Plus the defensive fumble recovery in the red zone. He definitely was pressured. Maybe even underestimated.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Well, they are going to need a busy off-season. Many holes to plug.

Top of the list: Do they finally roll with Javon at QB next year or do they bring in yet another transfer?

- If Javon is the plan, I'd start him these last two games. The outcomes are meaningless. Might as well get him two more games under his belt..

RB should be good with Houser back and Stewart. Look for an addition here for depth. Kid from Edinboro is on roster and didn't play this year.

WR ... hope Duane stays. Try everything to get the kid from Clarion.

The DL (I think) all returns next year.

CB - both starters are gone. Look for transfer help.

The safety position, while kids this year as freshmen, should see significant gains next year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Edinboro isn't a terrible team, but...

1. Still wondering why Charles dressed but didn't play. that looks like internal discipline.

2. Woodberry was uncharacteristically off all day. He hit some big passes on occasion but he was just 14 of 33 with 1 TD. That's a 20% swing in completions without any INTs or sacks.

3. IUP secondary didn't give up 300 yards but they surprisingly didn't have any picks either.

4. Did IUP change the special teams playbook after Nulph left? Because it seemed like he knew what to expect. Two blocked punts, a recovered onside kick, and a pressured FG that led to a rare miss.

5. IUP committed just 5 penalties for 53 yards. But Edinboro committed just 1 for 5 yards. Two of those IUP penalties were personal fouls.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Edinboro isn't a terrible team, but...

1. Still wondering why Charles dressed but didn't play. that looks like internal discipline.

2. Woodberry was uncharacteristically off all day. He hit some big passes on occasion but he was just 14 of 33 with 1 TD. That's a 20% swing in completions without any INTs or sacks.

3. IUP secondary didn't give up 300 yards but they surprisingly didn't have any picks either.

4. Did IUP change the special teams playbook after Nulph left? Because it seemed like he knew what to expect. Two blocked punts, a recovered onside kick, and a pressured FG that led to a rare miss.

5. IUP committed just 5 penalties for 53 yards. But Edinboro committed just 1 for 5 yards. Two of those IUP penalties were personal fouls.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    I'm wondering when the last time was that IUP lost to a 1-6 team, or a team that was 5 games under .500.

Possibly never.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Bad coaching allows that behavior to happen on the sidelines.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by GregD View Post
    With the amount of physical talent on this team, there is no excuse for today's game.
    Irv Charles not playing hurt but he is not the team.
    IUP had a perfect incentive to win today but instead it simply threw this game and the season down the drain.
    Hope everyone is looking forward to the off-season weight room.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by GregD View Post
    With the amount of physical talent on this team, there is no excuse for today's game.
    IUP had a perfect incentive to win today but instead it simply threw this game and the season down the drain.

Leave a comment:

• GregD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jrshooter
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Good. And I hope he is the IUP RB of the future.
    I think his little brother is going to contribute to the wideout corps before it's all over, too. Isaiah can go up and get it in a crowd.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X