Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    He wasn't good enough to get to the next level!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
    could be a rebuilding year next year

I tend to think Tort will go heavy on transfers this class. Everybody knows SRU and Cal have their QBs for next year and both will be strong teams. Not to mention it's essentially becoming the new norm in recruiting for teams with money. I can easily see them taking 7-9 transfers this winter.

IUP does have a lot coming back, too.

It is my belief, however, for them to stay in the mix with Cal and SRU in 2022 that they will need to bring in ready-to-go transfers at several positions. Notably, (2) CB, (1) WR, (1) OL, (1) DL, (1) QB. I would also grab a LB if you can find one you like.

I could see also adding an RB if the opportunity exists. Houser and Stewart will headline next year. But, you can never have enough.

And, as always, many PSAC teams will have kids decide to leave starting this Saturday night. So, sometimes you can find those quality transfers without having to look too far away.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It was apparent the relationship had run its course. Both ways. He's not a bad guy.

I'll say this ... if IUP was still in it ... I'd bet $1m he'd still be on the team.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

It was apparent the relationship had run its course.
    Man IUPbigINDIANS ....what a season!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Appreciate that statement in bold.

I always wondered why a Don Hanson 1st Team Regional All-American player was not kept on the LIU team when they moved up to FCS.

It was apparent the relationship had run its course. Both ways. He's not a bad guy.

I'll say this ... if IUP was still in it ... I'd bet $1m he'd still be on the team.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by DawgPound View Post
    Appreciate that statement in bold.

I always wondered why a Don Hanson 1st Team Regional All-American player was not kept on the LIU team when they moved up to FCS.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    That was the only emotion they showed all day. Sad but true.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

I don't know much about him. This was his second 'suspended' game this year, correct? How the F does that actually happen?
    I could not had said it any better....

Leave a comment:

• DawgPound
    replied

You see a lot in the stands you don't on the computer. It was probably time for both to part ways.

No idea which side is to blame. Just saying the marriage was no longer working.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Leadership 101 .....just saying....
    Old expression ... the inmates are running the asylum.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Mitchell has to be one of the biggest pieces of trash to ever be on the IUP roster.

Interesting how players "leave" or get "released" at this point in a lost season.
    I don't know much about him. This was his second 'suspended' game this year, correct? How the F does that actually happen?

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

A real head coach wouldve owned that ****. 3 punts in a row and you pass the buck and maybe you should be a position coach. Maybe Streeter told him that.
    Leadership 101 .....just saying....
    Last edited by ShoNuff; 11-07-2021, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Agree 100% ! Nobody hands are!

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

That sword cuts in both directions. I've seen far too many instances where players are not held accountable for not making the plays in front of them.
    To be fair, I did not go back and look at the Edinboro game. However, in the Cal U game, at least 2 players on the right did not bother to attempt to block the defender in front of them. You can tell they were focused on getting down field to cover the punt. You can not tell me the players did this on their own. If the punt formation was a tight formation then the "scheme" would have been to FIRST make sure the kick gets off. However, they did not. They were in their regular punt formation.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
    Streater was released from the team.
    Mitchell was suspended for the game.
    Fisher suffered a serious knee injury in practice. Broken bone with ligament damage. His career may be over.
    Green left the team. I was told it wasn't football-related.
    Mitchell has to be one of the biggest pieces of trash to ever be on the IUP roster.

Interesting how players "leave" or get "released" at this point in a lost season.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X