X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Do you have any playing eligibility left?
    I was a college student for 10 years, so I don;t know. I am in the transfer portal.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    I have had both of my vaccine shots, and I am ready to return to school.
    Do you have any playing eligibility left?

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    I have had both of my vaccine shots, and I am ready to return to school.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

I'm talking about kids we already have. Many stayed for this year remotely. I don't think they would again next year.

We retained many of our athletes despite not playing. That's not going to happen twice.
    Yeah who knows. You're right though - I don't know how much longer these kids will want to do online classes if there are schools openly advertising in person. I was talking with some former students at RMU - which is mostly in person - and they said its like staying over break but with a lot more people, nothing going on so its relatively boring.

All these PASSHE plans do hinge on things continuing to improve. If these new strains prove to be resistant to the vaccine we're in real trouble. People will lose their minds.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Enrollment's most likely going to continue to drop. High school class sizes are mostly dropping. Since we're in an unofficial recession, there's a chance that grad enrollment sees a boost while undergrad drops.
    I'm talking about kids we already have. Many stayed for this year remotely. I don't think they would again next year.

We retained many of our athletes despite not playing. That's not going to happen twice.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Sure hope so or that enrollment will continue its free fall off a cliff.
    Enrollment's most likely going to continue to drop. High school class sizes are mostly dropping. Since we're in an unofficial recession, there's a chance that grad enrollment sees a boost while undergrad drops.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Sure hope so or that enrollment will continue its free fall off a cliff.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Bravado Joe once asked Jack if he was a poster on the basketball message board. True story. Jokingly, but he asked him on the air.
    Jack couldn't post here----I never heard a single "Man, oh, day!"

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Bravado Joe once asked Jack if he was a poster on the basketball message board. True story. Jokingly, but he asked him on the air.
    I was the one that reported that and heard it live!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

LOL. You're killing me here! Maybe some of us on this forum should handle color commentary for the IUP football broadcasts.

Sounds like you are in the mold of the archaeologist Bugenhagen from the Omen films.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    I think it's an inherited trait as my ancestors were involved in documenting the Angry Frankenstein Mob in Transylvania back in the day. Matter of fact, my great grandfather gave me some ancient manuscripts on the selection and care of Angry Mob weapons of destruction which I promptly sent back to Transylvania for storage in their historical vaults lest they fall into the wrong hands.
    LOL. You're killing me here! Maybe some of us on this forum should handle color commentary for the IUP football broadcasts.

Sounds like you are in the mold of the archaeologist Bugenhagen from the Omen films.

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

The Monk is certainly one of the leading and renowned experts on Angry Mobs. He was at Watts in 1965, Grant Park in Chicago 1968, Poland 1981, China 1989, LA in 1992, and most recently at the steps of the Capitol in January and has researched and written extensively on them. I certainly salute his scholarship and the courage that he has shown to put himself into harm's way time and again to document these Angry Mobs.
    I think it's an inherited trait as my ancestors were involved in documenting the Angry Frankenstein Mob in Transylvania back in the day. Matter of fact, my great grandfather gave me some ancient manuscripts on the selection and care of Angry Mob weapons of destruction which I promptly sent back to Transylvania for storage in their historical vaults lest they fall into the wrong hands.

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Thanks for the clarification, Monk. Saves me from having to call my lawyer.
    You're welcome. Having been retired for 3 years now and spending more time mediating family miscommunications, I have learned that clarification is handy and oft used tool in the communication tool box.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    The Angry Mob Tool shed is on Fleming Ave. The tool shed by the Jamestown Apartments is the Angry Mob Auxiliary Tool Shed and was heavily used when the main tool shed was under renovations and when the ground hog (not IUPGroundhog, a real ground hog), was running a muck inside the Flemming Ave shed. The ground hog (not IUPGroundhog, but a real ground hog) was recently located to a bucolic little farm near Yellow Creek and turns out he was a she and has since given birth to several pups all of which are far enough away from the Angry Mob tool shed as to not pose a threat although rumor has it that the groundhogs (not IUPgroundhog, but real groundhogs) have taken up residence under a tool shed on the farm not associated with the Angry Mob. The main tool shed back on Fleming Ave is now Angry Mob Tool shed HQS and the Jamestown Apartments tool shed is back to being the auxiliary tool shed.
    The Monk is certainly one of the leading and renowned experts on Angry Mobs. He was at Watts in 1965, Grant Park in Chicago 1968, Poland 1981, China 1989, LA in 1992, and most recently at the steps of the Capitol in January and has researched and written extensively on them. I certainly salute his scholarship and the courage that he has shown to put himself into harm's way time and again to document these Angry Mobs.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X