X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Hopefully, Greg Moore is back because he might be the best defensive lineman they have.
    Moore will be a starter next and even better as he was banged up early or would of beat out Mitchell this past camp. Kelly will most likely return and may bring another Kelly in as a transfer we shall see. QB and big time rush end to go with Fowler who has potential All American written all over him I would think he top priority.

Leave a comment:

• Cal-Boro-Cal
    replied
    Slip, Shep, KTown have a heavy dose of SR, RS SR, and GRSr. IUP looks solid for next couple of years. CalU has 7 SR leaving - CalU is young. 2FR OL I think started many games- Losing 1 OL, 1 WR. CalU Defense returns 9 or 10 Starters for 2022. Other than That the West Looks weak. Shep- Losing 20+ SR might hurt Tyson B. but they will be Solid in the East. KTown complete D is Gone. But had some good solid Reserves. KTown Offense is Young- Returning all OL. Ship is returning a lot of players for 2022. The East looks a little stronger than the West Going into 22. The West Big 3 will get 3-4 Transfers each that will help each squad - Slip maybe a little more because of the large graduating class. The West will be a battle again between the Big 3, the East I see Ship being at the top going into 22 with so many returning starters, but the off season is where your players develop. Who develops the most, who has the drive to be better??

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Players won't be any better if there's zero turnover within the coaching staff.
    If you are the owner of the IUP football team, what changes would you make?

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Believe me ... I'm not in the Tort camp buying these excuses about this was a 'year away' team. That's B.S. They were good enough this year.

Problem was we only saw snippets of it. That's on him.

Reality is, yes, they were young. But, so was just about everybody -- so, that only goes so far.

Being young had nothing to do with blowing that California game. Not to mention the debacle 7 days later.

He had a great OL (mostly), great WRs, solid RBs, stud TEs, pretty good QB, great kicking game. They had a playoff-caliber team. The 'how' and 'why' they got to this point entering Week 11 is the million dollar question.
    Amen....repeat that AGAIN !!!!

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

Correct. They may be sneaky good next year. While these 'kids' had their moments this year -- good and bad -- they won't be 'kids' next year and beyond. Some of IUP's rivals are going to take major losses this off-season due to graduation. So, while IUP was young this year, they won't be next year (or the next).
    Players won't be any better if there's zero turnover within the coaching staff.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Believe me ... I'm not in the Tort camp buying these excuses about this was a 'year away' team. That's B.S. They were good enough this year.

Problem was we only saw snippets of it. That's on him.

Reality is, yes, they were young. But, so was just about everybody -- so, that only goes so far.

Being young had nothing to do with blowing that California game. Not to mention the debacle 7 days later.

He had a great OL (mostly), great WRs, solid RBs, stud TEs, pretty good QB, great kicking game. They had a playoff-caliber team. The 'how' and 'why' they got to this point entering Week 11 is the million dollar question.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Correct. They may be sneaky good next year. While these 'kids' had their moments this year -- good and bad -- they won't be 'kids' next year and beyond. Some of IUP's rivals are going to take major losses this off-season due to graduation. So, while IUP was young this year, they won't be next year (or the next).

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Hopefully, Greg Moore is back because he might be the best defensive lineman they have.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

There are other freshmen that are very good that don't count as starters e.g. Deabner, DiNunzio-Biss.

IUP has a lot of players listed as Jr. or RS-Jr. It's imperative that these players, or at least most of them, return for their final year of eligibility. If that happens and Tort can hit the jackpot with the transfer portal then it's possible they can do big things next year. Let me tell ya, they almost had the formula right this year. It just didn't work out. Obviously, Tort is getting a lot of criticism now but I think each year of experience he gains he will inevitably learn more and I think he has the potential and the resources to put it all together.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Iupgh View Post

DB Washington Ingram Bruce Howard DL Fowler Fraser OL Comedy RB Stewert K Luther WR Ridley = 11
    There are other freshmen that are very good that don't count as starters e.g. Deabner, DiNunzio-Biss.

IUP has a lot of players listed as Jr. or RS-Jr. It's imperative that these players, or at least most of them, return for their final year of eligibility. If that happens and Tort can hit the jackpot with the transfer portal then it's possible they can do big things next year. Let me tell ya, they almost had the formula right this year. It just didn't work out. Obviously, Tort is getting a lot of criticism now but I think each year of experience he gains he will inevitably learn more and I think he has the potential and the resources to put it all together.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

DB Washington Ingram Bruce Howard DL Fowler Fraser OL Comedy RB Stewert K Luther WR Ridley = 11

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You sure?
    He forgot the long-snapper. That makes 11.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

You sure?

Leave a comment:

• Iupgh
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Started 11 freshman ? More like 4, and 7 new transfers, more if you look at significant playing time. From a team that will lose 3 -4 games ? Are the freshman that played this year going to get better or will they flunk out

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Started 11 freshman ? More like 4, and 7 new transfers, more if you look at significant playing time. From a team that will lose 3 -4 games ? Are the freshman that played this year going to get better or will they flunk out
    Freshmen get older. I do like the team Tort has coming back next year. Some big holes to fill, sure, but he has a lot coming back.

Granted, Tort tried to spin it on his show Monday night like they were a year away from making a big push. I think that is a load of crap. He had a good enough team this year to make a run -- even with the all the freshmen he was playing. Sure, he didn't have a team to win a national title, but he certainly had the talent to win a playoff game or two.

Get this game over with Saturday and a new season starts Sunday. Hopefully the with the jump they can get in transfer shopping ... they can get mid-year guys in here and go through Spring ball. The D2 portal will start to get flooded this coming Monday.

Keep in mind when Tort is constantly talking about freshmen ... some of them are academic juniors but football freshmen. So, it's not like they are all 18-year-olds out there. But, he did play a good bit of true freshmen this year. The safeties, Comedy, etc.

Javon is likely his biggest decision to make (quickly).

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X