X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm getting my wing loose for the try out!
    Are also able to be on the punt protection team?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    How's the QB(s) shopping going?
    I'm getting my wing loose for the try out!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    UVA is a job you could actually get coming from 1AA...you wont do better than that with no P5 HC experience. IMO. I'd think having some Alabama background like has been said in this thread makes him a good possibility.

IUP needs some kickback in transfers from the Cignetti brothers between JMU and Boston College. I remember the Amir Dew...Khi Downey etc. days from Pitt when Curt Cignetti was the recruiting coordinator there.
    Sounds like the front-runner is the Clemson OC.

Leave a comment:

• EdinboroFB
    replied
    UVA is a job you could actually get coming from 1AA...you wont do better than that with no P5 HC experience. IMO. I'd think having some Alabama background like has been said in this thread makes him a good possibility.

IUP needs some kickback in transfers from the Cignetti brothers between JMU and Boston College. I remember the Amir Dew...Khi Downey etc. days from Pitt when Curt Cignetti was the recruiting coordinator there.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Agreed. I know two people who call themselves friends of Curt and they've shared that his goal was always to be an P5 head coach.
    I agree that Curt wants to be a Power 5 Head Coach. If you talking about money alone, I agree he may take it. However, as great of a recruiter Curt is, I am sure he knows there will be challenges in bringing in his caliber of players to UVA. That is why I stated he may turn it down.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    How's the QB(s) shopping going?

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

I've said it before, but Curt taking the IUP job had very little to do with IUP but more with his wish to rebrand himself as a head coach. Coming "home" was purely icing on the cake. Is Mike Shanahan still dating Curt's daughter?
    I think that has little relevance. Everybody knew that when he first accepted the IUP job. It's no different from anyone else using a program as a stepping stone, except for his name. As stated, he left the cupboard full which is not a common thing.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

I've said it before, but Curt taking the IUP job had very little to do with IUP but more with his wish to rebrand himself as a head coach. Coming "home" was purely icing on the cake. Is Mike Shanahan still dating Curt's daughter?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

He wasn't exactly a 'shaking hands and kissing babies' kind of guy, which I think rubbed some of the IUP money brass the wrong way.

Then, of course, he got tied up in the infamous Chase Hazlett fiasco, which also rubbed many the wrong way.

There was even a student publication that really went hard after his program in a very lengthy story. The pro-Curt crowd downplayed it as it mostly only interviewed players who had left the program.

Like him or not, Curt had things rolling. Tort gets the record in the history books, but the 2017 team was all of Curt's recruits. He left the cupboard fully stocked when he left for Elon.

I'd say lastly, it was pretty apparent in Indiana he wasn't going to be here long-term. So, perhaps he got some negative kickback over it.

End of the day, he brought IUP out of the Lou Tepper disaster. So, we all owe him for that. And, obviously, he's an outstanding coach.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    If I was an FBS athletic director and Curt Cignetti has interest in my school's football head coaching job, I put him at, or near, the top of my list. He has the Saban blueprint and he has used it at IUP, Elon and James Madison: It's about player acquisition and development. Get good ones and make them great ones.

He can be difficult for the media to handle, but so is Saban, and any coach with Saban DNA is a guy I want to talk with. They don't all work out (McElwain, Muschamp, etc.), but Curt has used the blueprint to win everywhere he's been a HC.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Tort gets the record in the history books, but the 2017 team was all of Curt's recruits.
    Mostly, yes. But two of the most important players on that team were one-year transfers that Tort brought in: Jerron Searles and Max Redfield.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    Didn't a lot of people want to get rid of him when he was at IUP?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    He wasn't exactly a 'shaking hands and kissing babies' kind of guy, which I think rubbed some of the IUP money brass the wrong way.

Then, of course, he got tied up in the infamous Chase Hazlett fiasco, which also rubbed many the wrong way.

There was even a student publication that really went hard after his program in a very lengthy story. The pro-Curt crowd downplayed it as it mostly only interviewed players who had left the program.

Like him or not, Curt had things rolling. Tort gets the record in the history books, but the 2017 team was all of Curt's recruits. He left the cupboard fully stocked when he left for Elon.

I'd say lastly, it was pretty apparent in Indiana he wasn't going to be here long-term. So, perhaps he got some negative kickback over it.

End of the day, he brought IUP out of the Lou Tepper disaster. So, we all owe him for that. And, obviously, he's an outstanding coach.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I didn't say he was getting the job. I said he's on several candidate lists for the UVA opening.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X