Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Bottom line is Tort needs to buy some defensive starters in the portal. So, send some checks.

And, Rock and Cal have stud QBs back. So, he best not strike out.

Kelly should stay. He has his whole life to work. Be a college kid as long as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Surprised to read "Other areas of need include cornerback, linebacker, defensive line and wide receiver". That's pretty much the entire defense. What, the coaching staff do not want to continue developing the young players they currently have?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Just read the article.

Will stop commenting or debating on the Cal U block punt, at least for 2021.

Surprised to read "Other areas of need include cornerback, linebacker, defensive line and wide receiver". That's pretty much the entire defense. What, the coaching staff do not want to continue developing the young players they currently have?
    Good news is IUP just beat perennial Atlantic Region power Virginia Stae, 97-45.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Football article in today's Gazette.
    Just read the article.

Will stop commenting or debating on the Cal U block punt, at least for 2021.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Football article in today's Gazette.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

True. But, spending two years at Loretto would be worse than Shawshank.
    Loretto makes Greenville seem like State College.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If this is true, it seems odd that he would entertain offers from Cal and Slippery Rock. He already has FCS offers so why bother talking to the other two?
    True. But, spending two years at Loretto would be worse than Shawshank.

Leave a comment:

• RockNation
    replied
    I dont believe it is like that anymore. He's eligible immediately as long as he meets the criteria. The transfer-release agreement is a general document, I dont believe you can pick and choose.

Here's the NCAA website:
    https://www.ncaa.org/student-athlete...transfer-terms

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

If this is true, it seems odd that he would entertain offers from Cal and Slippery Rock. He already has FCS offers so why bother talking to the other two?
    100% agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Footballfanofall
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I think another positive for Leiby is maturity. He's technically a grad transfer. He'll be in grad classes that could possibly be half adults. Less likely to be there to party.
    Leiby will definitely be at Bloomsburg in the spring for his student teaching internship. He is a dual major student athlete, elementary education and specail education. He has been on the Deans list every semester, honors student, PSAC student athlete every year. He takes his education very serious and wants to get his masters degree and still play football. I really believe that he is looking for the right fit so he has an opportunity to play at his highest level and be a part of something special. He has a load of talent but unfortunately never had an opportunity to showcase that at Bloom due to unfortunate injuries. Freshman year they started him in week 6. Second quarter got tackled from behind while scrambling for a first down and had his ankle tore up. Beat out a senior qb his 2nd year to become the starter and had a nice solid first season as a starter. Following season canceled due to covid. This season finally was going to have a spread/RPO offense that fits his strengths. 2 inner squad scrimmages he looked sharp, and really was in command in the offense. First game at Stonehill got hit late on a designed run and was injured. They had 2 put 2 ribs back into place after the game. And by the way he played the rest of the 3rd quarter and the entire 4th injured. Played at a high level even though he was hurting. Started the following week only to get blind sided and drilled into the turf on the same side as his injury. Unfortunately that was season ending. This kid is solid, tough, smart, team player, grades first, respectful, and a great overall person, also one of the hardest workers. Ask any coach , professor, teacher, or anyone who knows him. Kid is the real deal on so many levels.
    Last edited by Footballfanofall; 11-24-2021, 04:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• IUP PSAC Fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I think another positive for Leiby is maturity. He's technically a grad transfer. He'll be in grad classes that could possibly be half adults. Less likely to be there to party.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I totally agree with you. I don't understand how people are putting him on a pedestal so high.

I agree that his HS stats don't mean anything. He was surrounded by the best players and that was a long time ago.

His only college season starting in 2019 was solid, not great.

I'm pretty sure IUP can and will go out and get transfer prospects better than Logan Leiby. I'm not so sure I wouldn't take Javon Davis over Leiby.

I think the key word there was his 'only' season starting. He did have good, not great, stats on a pretty average (at best) team.

His first year got wasted by making just (1) start. So, essentially 2019 was his 'freshman' season. The vast majority of freshman QBs, to be nice, struggle. He had some nice games that year -- including 3 TDs in a 42-35 loss to Shepherd.

His film looked good. But, I know, everybody's film looks good. I suspect IUP is taking a much deeper look at him. Size isn't great but it isn't terrible. He can run. Nice arm. Two years' eligibility. Intelligent. Leader. He's dealt with injuries. Is he injury-prone? Can he be here for the second semester and go through Spring ball with the team? That's a huge plus for a new QB.

I don't make such decisions, but I think he's certainly worth taking a real close look. From what I've heard, it sounds like IUP contacted him immediately. So, somebody in Memorial Field House is interested in him.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied

Or, the all-too-familiar freshman who came to your school as a last resort even though his Uncle Dale told him he is SEC-caliber. Then he (and, Uncle Dale) pi$$ and moan for a year and then leave in December.
    But Florida invited me to walk on!

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X