X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There is nothing more maddening under the Tort regime than these stupid personal foul calls. There's a difference between aggressive and stupid. You will never, ever, ever accomplish anything by pushing somebody after the whistle. Ever. Even when you get pushed first, it's almost always the second guy who gets caught.

I've learned to live with one a game from the special teams. I get those guys tend to be the nutty guys on the team. I bet in 2018 they led the country in special teams personal fouls.

It's even worse now with all the new taunting calls.

It has to drive Tort insane.
    Personal fouls are a memorable part of the last several years of Frank Sr. At least from my memory. IUP seemed out of control cocky at times and would get flagged for it.

I imagine Matt can find the stats to dispute this but I recall a lot of personal fouls in the 90s and early 2000s.

As a team, it gets you nowhere.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

There is nothing more maddening under the Tort regime than these stupid personal foul calls. There's a difference between aggressive and stupid. You will never, ever, ever accomplish anything by pushing somebody after the whistle. Ever. Even when you get pushed first, it's almost always the second guy who gets caught.

I've learned to live with one a game from the special teams. I get those guys tend to be the nutty guys on the team. I bet in 2018 they led the country in special teams personal fouls.

It's even worse now with all the new taunting calls.

It has to drive Tort insane.

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The one good team the played thry got stomped but they still put up points. IUP will need to get up early.
    It looks as if they can put up points, but they gave up 31 points to a Bloomsburg team that has scored 13, 7, and 7 in its other three outings.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EyeoftheHawk
    replied

The game they got smoked they did have two of their best defenders in street clothes (Wallace and Kelly).

The drop behind Kelly at LB is pretty substantial. Wallace is a beast pass rusher.

But, no doubt, that secondary has some issues. It has two more weeks to get caught up. Call me skeptical. Don't think SRU isn't licking its chops watching film. They better get real disruptive up front for that affair.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied

The game they got smoked they did have two of their best defenders in street clothes (Wallace and Kelly).

The drop behind Kelly at LB is pretty substantial. Wallace is a beast pass rusher.

But, no doubt, that secondary has some issues. It has two more weeks to get caught up. Call me skeptical. Don't think SRU isn't licking its chops watching film. They better get real disruptive up front for that affair.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I also believe the secondary needs work. Even though they led in PSAC in INTs, IUP is giving up 327 yards per game, which is last in the PSAC, worst than Lock Haven.

Plus they are not getting to the QB, tied with Clarion for last in the PSAC with 4 measly sacks.

Defense certainly needs work.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied

The secondary needs work. They got a couple of picks but they had some balls caught on them too.
    I also believe the secondary needs work. Even though they led in PSAC in INTs, IUP is giving up 327 yards per game, which is last in the PSAC, worst than Lock Haven.

Plus they are not getting to the QB, tied with Clarion for last in the PSAC with 4 measly sacks.

Defense certainly needs work.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied

I'd agree. It's not to knock Javon but Harry is just much better suited for these weapons. He has a big arm, a lot of experience and he also has some wheels. He's very difficult to gameplan against as the first two games we were very predictable, conservative, etc.

That arm opens up the playbook -- TE involvement, legit deep threats, etc. It also opens the run game.

It's terrible we didn't have him from the start but he's here now.

A lot of other good teams lost this past weekend while a couple others haven't been tested yet.

Lot of the story remains.

We still haven't seen IUP remotely at full force yet and now Game 4 is here. Good news is I think they got out of Erie pretty healthy.

Hold Duane until he's 100%. If that means one more week so be it. They need him ready to roll for SRU/Cal.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I'd agree. It's not to knock Javon but Harry is just much better suited for these weapons. He has a big arm, a lot of experience and he also has some wheels. He's very difficult to gameplan against as the first two games we were very predictable, conservative, etc.

That arm opens up the playbook -- TE involvement, legit deep threats, etc. It also opens the run game.

It's terrible we didn't have him from the start but he's here now.

A lot of other good teams lost this past weekend while a couple others haven't been tested yet.

Lot of the story remains.

We still haven't seen IUP remotely at full force yet and now Game 4 is here. Good news is I think they got out of Erie pretty healthy.

Hold Duane until he's 100%. If that means one more week so be it. They need him ready to roll for SRU/Cal.

Leave a comment:

• IUPFOOTBALLALUM
    replied

The one good team the played thry got stomped but they still put up points. IUP will need to get up early.
    Agreed, Gannon is not the team you want to let hang around. If IUP wants to show dominance in the west. They need stomp out the teams they are suppose to be beat, especially if you want apart of the 7 teams that make the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied

Or, 1-3.

They are the type of team you need to pound in the first half and break their spirits. IUP has had a tendency to let some of these mid-tier teams hang around in the past and give them hope.

Ever since the Brawl in the Fall, IUP has really got up to play these guys the past several years.

I suspect something in the 48-17 range. GU will score some points but IUP's offense should pound them.

Leave a comment:

• Big Hawk15
    replied
    Quick look at Gannon's resume heading in to Saturday's visit to IUP:

Overall: 2-2

Won at Northwood, 28-21 (OT)
    Loss vs. Shepherd, 56-26
    Loss at Bloomsburg, 31-27
    Won vs. Clarion, 56-21

* Very tough two weeks for GU with (at) IUP and Cal back-to-back.
    Heard there QB was a juco/ Ohio state walk on, watched him vs Shepherd not impressed at all.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

On paper, it looks like they will be competitive with IUP. GU is just a Hail Mary away from being 3-1.
    Or, 1-3.

They are the type of team you need to pound in the first half and break their spirits. IUP has had a tendency to let some of these mid-tier teams hang around in the past and give them hope.

Ever since the Brawl in the Fall, IUP has really got up to play these guys the past several years.

I suspect something in the 48-17 range. GU will score some points but IUP's offense should pound them.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X