• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Highlights doesn't look bad at all:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3852709...746e0c74bf9bc7

If Fisher, Mitchell and Dail return and push the pocket to keep QBs from stepping up while in the pocket, I can see this young man getting more than his share of sacks.

He's a beast. This was a really big signing for IUP.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Bump.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    One of the cats is out of the bag as they say.

Possibly IUP's biggest addition of this off-season is Clarion transfer Vaughn Wallace (6'4", 245 lb) DE/DL.

... started all 11 games for Clarion in 2019 (39 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and 5 sacks).

Really good signing for Tort. Wallace will have two years at IUP -- and figures to make an immediate impact. Big-time pass rusher.
    Highlights doesn't look bad at all:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/3852709...746e0c74bf9bc7

If Fisher, Mitchell and Dail return and push the pocket to keep QBs from stepping up while in the pocket, I can see this young man getting more than his share of sacks.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    One of the cats is out of the bag as they say.

Possibly IUP's biggest addition of this off-season is Clarion transfer Vaughn Wallace (6'4", 245 lb) DE/DL.

... started all 11 games for Clarion in 2019 (39 tackles, 7.5 tackles for loss and 5 sacks).

Really good signing for Tort. Wallace will have two years at IUP -- and figures to make an immediate impact. Big-time pass rusher.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Tort just doesn't want that 11th game. You can view that from both sides. There is a fight for both sides.
    Any other year I wouldn't care. I would have just loved to get one game in for the QBs prior to that opening gauntlet.

But ... they know more than we do. One of them may be ready to roll and this is a smoke screen.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Concord is a long ride to Indiana (probably close to 6 hours by bus). Glenville is about 3.5 hours. Not to say IUP couldn't take the road trip, either.

Wishful thinking. They aren't scheduling a game at this point.
    Tort just doesn't want that 11th game. You can view that from both sides. There is a fight for both sides.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Can't say I've ever seen it done, but has there every been a neutral site location scheduled game so teams can make it a day trip? Good way to save money on the overnight expenses for everyone but if they could have the game at Frostburg or even Fairmont (I'm sure there are other locations too) somewhere in the middle, that'd be good for both sides I'd think. This would be for Glenville obviously, not Concord.

Concord is a long ride to Indiana (probably close to 6 hours by bus). Glenville is about 3.5 hours. Not to say IUP couldn't take the road trip, either.

Wishful thinking. They aren't scheduling a game at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Concord and Glenville State (MEC) are both still open in Week 1. I wish IUP could convince either to come to Miller. Too late now, I suppose.
    Can't say I've ever seen it done, but has there every been a neutral site location scheduled game so teams can make it a day trip? Good way to save money on the overnight expenses for everyone but if they could have the game at Frostburg or even Fairmont (I'm sure there are other locations too) somewhere in the middle, that'd be good for both sides I'd think. This would be for Glenville obviously, not Concord.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

LMAO I just read that the PSAC voted to not award the Dixon Trophy this year. The one year IUP made a run for it!
    Screwed over yet again.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

The IUP recruit in question is from Fairfax, VA so it's kind of the same question.
    When I saw Upper Iowa I thought Northern Iowa which, of course, is D1.

Looks like UIU is a private school with 25 "learning centers" around the U.S. and is very big into online class delivery. It might not be that hard to understand a kid from the D.C. area goes to the midwest then decides to transfer back east. Although he probably is the first to transfer from the UIU Peacocks to the IUP Crimson Hawks. Just saying.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

My 2nd cousin played football at Upper Iowa many moons ago. Saw somebody question how a player from Upper Iowa end up transferring to IUP. I got a better one... How's a player from Western PA end up playing at Upper Iowa straight out of high school?
    The IUP recruit in question is from Fairfax, VA so it's kind of the same question.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied

Learn something every day ... never heard of it. Looks like the last season they played they were 2-9 so this is quite the upgrade for him.
    My 2nd cousin played football at Upper Iowa many moons ago. Saw somebody question how a player from Upper Iowa end up transferring to IUP. I got a better one... How's a player from Western PA end up playing at Upper Iowa straight out of high school?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

LMAO I just read that the PSAC voted to not award the Dixon Trophy this year. The one year IUP made a run for it!
    So long as Joe, Tort and Tom keep rolling ... I don't know that many IUP fans care about the other sports.

I'd much rather keep those three sports at an extremely high level than have .500 baseball or field hockey teams.

It's no secret on campus. Joe Lombardi has a penthouse for an office inside the KCAC. Baseball and most others get glorified broom closets in the bowels of the MFH.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

I recall the name now that you bring it up but with some exceptions those assistants seem like they are here today and gone tomorrow. I get that's the business. Keep moving. Greener pastures.

IUP has been fortunate to have some stability with Jim Smith, Tort, etc., -- long-term guys.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X