X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He was charged with fraud ($1m) back in 2008. I don't know what became of it in the legal proceedings. But, he was almost 40 when that happened so you could certainly argue he should have been in prior to that happening.

All HOF's -- especially for schools -- become very political.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    He was charged with fraud ($1m) back in 2008. I don't know what became of it in the legal proceedings. But, he was almost 40 when that happened so you could certainly argue he should have been in prior to that happening.

All HOF's -- especially for schools -- become very political.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    If true that's probably it. Al Raines held Edinboro's rushing records until Larry Jackson & Gerald Thompson broke them in the early & mid 90s. Raines ran into criminal trouble and is also missing from Edinboro's Hall of Fame. He still holds the records for yards per carry in his career (6.7ypc) and season (8.7ypc in 71)

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

IUP Hall of Fame is a joke without former QB and Harlon Hill runner-up Tony Aliucci not included. Kind of hard to take it that serious when he is being kept out of it.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Borisenko and Leander going in to IUP HOF.
    IUP Hall of Fame is a joke without former QB and Harlon Hill runner-up Tony Aliucci not included. Kind of hard to take it that serious when he is being kept out of it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Borisenko and Leander going in to IUP HOF.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I hear mergers are becoming quite popular.
    The Walmart or Amazon of education.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    All of those teeny tiny high schools need to be merged.
    I hear mergers are becoming quite popular.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    That day is coming.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Yeah, maybe. But that is like saying that I tried to pick a fight with Pee Wee Herman or Gary Coleman and ended up settling for an in his prime of life Bruce Lee to battle. That would not be a good thing at all.

The Heritage really needs to look at things much better. I'm sure within several years they will when everyone is squawking about getting their arses handed to them by CH and Portage.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    They should have gone after a Glendale, Blacklick Valley, or Ferndale type.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

But rather interestingly----it took awhile for Ligonier Valley after they absorbed Laurel Valley to become the monster power that they were. It did not happen right away. I was always a bit surprised by that.

Portage is likely to be the top dog in the conference once they get there. I would not have taken them on to be honest. They should have gone after a Glendale, Blacklick Valley, or Ferndale type.

My guess is there will be some howling from some of the schools about the unfairness of River Valley, Portage, and Cambria Heights if they start winning and become annual powers.
    The HC did look at Leechburg a couple years ago. Both sides had interest but it ultimately fell through. They also approached Apollo-Ridge but A-R wasn't interested in leaving the WPIAL.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    But rather interestingly----it took awhile for Ligonier Valley after they absorbed Laurel Valley to become the monster power that they were. It did not happen right away. I was always a bit surprised by that.

Portage is likely to be the top dog in the conference once they get there. I would not have taken them on to be honest. They should have gone after a Glendale, Blacklick Valley, or Ferndale type.

My guess is there will be some howling from some of the schools about the unfairness of River Valley, Portage, and Cambria Heights if they start winning and become annual powers.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    John Kreese declared war on the San Fernando Valley. Lol.

Yeah, it's a bit odd. But, it is great.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X