Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP just added a long snapper. High school recruit from NJ.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Who is the player? Was he half-way productive at the D-1 level?
    https://wagnerathletics.com/sports/f...-ellison/12094

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I saw that on twitter, do you think they are looking at a pass heavy offense this year ? Gregory seems to like the big play offense style.
    Who is the player? Was he half-way productive at the D-1 level?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I see that Pitt WR Will Gipson has entered into the transfer portal. Wonder if he is looking at any D-2 schools?
    Its possible. His only other offers coming out of HS were Rutgers, some MAC schools, and FCS Howard.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Looks like IUP has offered a (non-P5) D1 grad transfer WR. Burner type.
    I see that Pitt WR Will Gipson has entered into the transfer portal. Wonder if he is looking at any D-2 schools?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP Women's Tennis just won the Regional down at Charleston.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

I saw that on twitter, do you think they are looking at a pass heavy offense this year ? Gregory seems to like the big play offense style.

Depends how we are to interpret the Spring. What I've heard from some in the know and also reading some of Tort's comments ... well, just say I'm not real warm and fuzzy about the QB situation.

Sounds like Ramart has a big arm but has major accuracy issues. Davis would be great in more the RPO and short passing attack (Lenny offense). However, you have two legit studs at WR in Brown and Charles -- both of whom can really stretch the field.

I'm legitimately worried about this QB situation. I think Davis is the guy right now, but, when the HC goes on the record saying they may be QB shopping for a transfer at the conclusion of Spring Ball ... again, not real warm and fuzzy.

And, who knows, this could be all a classic coach-speak smoke show. Kutztown isn't going to see the IUP QB prior to that first snap. Maybe old Tort is keeping his hand close to the vest. I wouldn't doubt it's not even announced prior to that first game. I wouldn't. Let them get ready for both of them (or perhaps all three of them).

I don't put much stock in those lousy Spring Game stats. Justice and Duane didn't play. Right away that's taking two of the QBs best weapons away from him. The defense pretty much knows all the plays and lingo.

I don't know what to think. I was expecting to see some transfers in the coming weeks. I wasn't expecting to see one at RB (last week) and now WR (possibly ... he didn't accept yet). Then again, we may have had some transfer out and that news hasn't trickled to the board yet.

Leave a comment:

• ironmaniup
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The IUP ladies will play in tomorrow's regional tennis final. They knocked off Slippery Rock today.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Happens all the time unfortunately. Upside is that if they continue on their college career is extended. Most others are done today.
    I get it. That just sucks. Graduation is a big moment. Family moment.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    IUP tweeted some pics of track athletes at today's meets in their caps and gowns. Today is graduation.

Doesn't sit real well with me. They shouldn't have to miss graduation..
    Happens all the time unfortunately. Upside is that if they continue on their college career is extended. Most others are done today.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP tweeted some pics of track athletes at today's meets in their caps and gowns. Today is graduation.

Doesn't sit real well with me. They shouldn't have to miss graduation..

Leave a comment:

• Matt Burglund
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Matt, I respect your opinion, but I also have people that I've talked to. Players that have played baseball for other PSAC programs and had recruiting conversations with the IUP staff. Players who have played at Cal, SRU, etc. - that I know pretty well - who were told by IUP's staff that they typically don't recruit locally. That's all I can tell you.

Their recruiting philosophy, at least under Ditch, was highly restrictive and selective. Not just in location, but in the specific type of player, size of player, etc., that they were after. When you're Seton Hill or Mercyhurst, I get it. When you're IUP, just find guys who can play and coach/develop those players. Win some games and hope that attracts better players. Certainly easier said than done, I know.
    Just so we're on the same page, what do you define as "local"? I am basically talking about the Heritage Conference (Blairsville, Homer-Center, Marion Center, Northern Cambria, Penns Manor, Purchase Line, Saltsburg, United, West Shamokin) plus Indiana High School.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Matt, I respect your opinion, but I also have people that I've talked to. Players that have played baseball for other PSAC programs and had recruiting conversations with the IUP staff. Players who have played at Cal, SRU, etc. - that I know pretty well - who were told by IUP's staff that they typically don't recruit locally. That's all I can tell you.

Their recruiting philosophy, at least under Ditch, was highly restrictive and selective. Not just in location, but in the specific type of player, size of player, etc., that they were after. When you're Seton Hill or Mercyhurst, I get it. When you're IUP, just find guys who can play and coach/develop those players. Win some games and hope that attracts better players. Certainly easier said than done, I know.
    If they get swept this weekend (I'd say highly likely) they will probably have the distinction of the worst record in school history (perhaps any sport).

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X