X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
    Spoke with Tiffin Univ AD over the weekend, said TU is still open week 1 this fall. He has been trying to schedule IUP but IUP will not play them this fall even though they are open. TU will be really good this fall, looks like you are ducking them.
    That's funny!!!

Leave a comment:

• GLIAC Fan
    replied
    Spoke with Tiffin Univ AD over the weekend, said TU is still open week 1 this fall. He has been trying to schedule IUP but IUP will not play them this fall even though they are open. TU will be really good this fall, looks like you are ducking them.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Baseball just got clobbered 4 straight vs Cal

That's 1-15 (streak L15)
    They still stink!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Baseball just got clobbered 4 straight vs Cal

That's 1-15 (streak L15)

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Takes 2 to Tango, why would AB travel 3 hours pay for lodging/ food to get wacked. They lost a spring football MEC game last week by 50 i believe so they must be awful.
    Three hours isn't a bad bus ride. I doubt they'd even spend the night.

I realize a trip here isn't real appealing to most teams so as you said it would take two to tango.

I'd love to see it happen. Get those opening week blunders and jitters out of the way rather than go through them against two strong teams. You can only do so much in practice. Ideally the game is over at halftime and turn it into a JV game. Good for the starters and the bench.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Takes 2 to Tango, why would AB travel 3 hours pay for lodging/ food to get wacked. They lost a spring football MEC game last week by 50 i believe so they must be awful.
    They drove to RMU a few years ago with no guarantee and left with a W.

Leave a comment:

• IUP412
    replied
    Alderson Broaddus is looking for a Week 1 game. There's the cupcake game if IUP wants a tune-up prior to Kutztown and Shepherd.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Word around Miller Stadium is this QB race is pretty tight.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Tort bought his needed LB -- and he looks like a solid acquisition. What do we see coming next via the transfer market? I'd sure like to see an impact DL and also another (perhaps grad transfer) DB.
    Youngstown St transfer?

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    For those not in the Twitter world, April 8 is IUP's Day of Giving (athletics).

From the Tweet:

"When people ask me how we continue to have a championship program year after year, my answer is very simple - our generous donors' continued support allows us to compete nationally every season. Being a perennial playoff team comes with a price. ALL IN."

-- Tort

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Tort bought his needed LB -- and he looks like a solid acquisition. What do we see coming next via the transfer market? I'd sure like to see an impact DL and also another (perhaps grad transfer) DB.

Leave a comment:

• IUP24
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I don't doubt what IUP has going for it any given season - I've witnessed some things that show SRU has a football alumni brotherhood that transcends generations similar to Penn State. No idea how but they've got it.
    I understand what you're saying and why you posted what you posted. I just don't believe that was the reason that nobody chose to transfer, or simply move on. Much like how I don't think IUP basketball's "Hawk Family" culture is the reason none of those guys chose to leave the program.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I don't doubt what IUP has going for it any given season - I've witnessed some things that show SRU has a football alumni brotherhood that transcends generations similar to Penn State. No idea how but they've got it.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I would argue most teams "have a sense of brotherhood."

The 'sense of brotherhood' is also much easier to talk about when things are going well. Lutz is no doubt on a great run right now, but he was also just about run out of town after his first season.

For instance, the 2017 and 2018 IUP football teams could not have been more different. The 2017 group rallied around each other at every turn. You could see it on the sidelines (and hear it from the stands). The following year was a night and day different group. The '18 team lost two nail biters and pretty much threw in the towel. The sidelines were dead most of the season. The '18 team was extremely undisciplined on the field.

Every year is a new team. New leaders emerge -- some for the better, some for the worse.

It only takes a couple bad apples to ruin the batch.

On the basketball side, Joe's had one bad team in that regard (17-18). It was still a very good team but drastically underachieved. You should have seen the 'sense of brotherhood' on some of the infamous Gary Edwards' basketball teams of the late 90s and early 00s. They had more internal fights than most NFL training camps. Granted, that was the mercenary era of IUP basketball.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by BADinPA View Post

The amount of money required to renovate/construct a first-class small college stadium can be astronomical. I know a billionaire who built a first-class business purchased by Walmart. He was the stadium benefactor of a D-III program in Texas that gave in excess of $300 million. Intentionally, I am not identifying the donor or the university.
    Fortunately IUP really just needs a high quality home side - completely new structure with a large set of indoor "boxes" for coordinators, media, and the president. I'd put the cost around $10 million give or take with needs. IUP certainly has donors capable of that - it also takes someone who wants that to be their big gift.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X