X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Those games in late October would be amazing.
    That's a tough spot for Tort. They get swept ... season is basically over. They could be 0-2 before they even play Cal/SRU.

Go 2-0, and you're rolling.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    IUP opens 2021 at home against Kutztown and Shepherd.

Saddle up. Brutal.
    Those games in late October would be amazing.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    IUP opens 2021 at home against Kutztown and Shepherd.

Saddle up. Brutal.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Two practices in the books. I was expecting a daily update on the QB battle.

As I've stated, I know many think it's a no-brainer but I'm not ruling Davis out. He's a really special athlete -- quick, strong and has a nice arm. He's a bigger version of Lenny. Ramart has a cannon of an arm and has the nice 6'3" height. He appears to have nice footwork, too.

I typically despise the two-QB system, but these two are so different it could actually work -- at least, sometimes. Tort's biggest goal may be to keep whomever the second string turns out to be from leaving town.

The appeal to Davis is he has three years' eligibility -- and, due to a redshirt year and Covid year -- he's older and more mature. Ramart has two years.

I suppose the old coach speak is the coach doesn't pick the starter -- the players' performance does.
    Same here traditionally, but IUP24 won me over on it. It is a core part of his philosophy regarding the game of football.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Two practices in the books. I was expecting a daily update on the QB battle.

As I've stated, I know many think it's a no-brainer but I'm not ruling Davis out. He's a really special athlete -- quick, strong and has a nice arm. He's a bigger version of Lenny. Ramart has a cannon of an arm and has the nice 6'3" height. He appears to have nice footwork, too.

I typically despise the two-QB system, but these two are so different it could actually work -- at least, sometimes. Tort's biggest goal may be to keep whomever the second string turns out to be from leaving town.

The appeal to Davis is he has three years' eligibility -- and, due to a redshirt year and Covid year -- he's older and more mature. Ramart has two years.

I suppose the old coach speak is the coach doesn't pick the starter -- the players' performance does.

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
    I talked to Tort last night.
    • Ken Roman is supposed to be back in the fall. He has one semester of eligibility left.
    • Nate Clair is on the roster.
    • Jacob Watts left after the 2019 season to transfer to a school that had the major he wanted. Not sure what it was or where he went.
    • Joe Hauser left the team after the 2019 season but is still in school.
    • Same for Jackson Heasley.
    • Tort told me there are some players who have to pay some of their way and they are unable to, so they are not in school.
    • Players not on the roster for academic, financial, health, or personal reasons (Tort didn't specify which for each of these): Leonard Robinson, David Filippello, Javonte Haynes, Ryan Langdon, Bryon Williams, Cam Turner, Donte Terry, Jordan Washington and Darrell Holloway.
    • Obi Anyatonwu sat out the 2019 season with an injury and transferred to West Chester in January 2020.
    • Gunnar Royar transferred after the 2019 season to Baylor and was the Bears' long snapper last fall.
    • Branden Myers and Tyler Balega have graduated (or will in May) and chosen not to come back.
    • LB Denver Light, the transfer from Penn State, is in school but will not be playing football.
    • Joey Tortorella has been moved from LB to FB and Bryce McCleester has moved from RB to LB.
    Thank you VERY much for the update!

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Look at the pics on the right side of the IUP players reading to the kids. They are wearing the new jerseys. You can see them pretty decent.
    I see them now. Eh. They are okay.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Spaghetti Benders caught fire last night. A few people in the apartments above had to be rescued. Luckily it sounds like the damage was minimal.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    I was digging around on the IUP American football twitter looking for the new uniforms, which I didn't find, and saw some pics of the new IUP American football weight and training center. Very impressive and long over due. It looks like it might have been built in one of the Auxiliary gyms in the field house. I thought it was along the lines of what JMU has set up, very nice indeed.
    Look at the pics on the right side of the IUP players reading to the kids. They are wearing the new jerseys. You can see them pretty decent.

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied
    I was digging around on the IUP American football twitter looking for the new uniforms, which I didn't find, and saw some pics of the new IUP American football weight and training center. Very impressive and long over due. It looks like it might have been built in one of the Auxiliary gyms in the field house. I thought it was along the lines of what JMU has set up, very nice indeed.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

The CO-OP store at least tried to cash in on the event. They had a whole assortment of green IUP clothing for sale this week.

Whether IUP and the locals like it or not, it's good for the economy. All the hotels were packed. The bars and restaurants boomed.

I'm sure the borough police generated a lot of income in fines. Lol. The tow-truck companies were towing all day. Big day for that business.

The bars made a fortune yesterday. Most had lines all day.

Crime-wise it doesn't appear anything major happened.

Now, the Covid crowd would have had a stroke walking around Indiana yesterday.
    You'd think the alcohol they all were consuming would have killed any virus spores in their mouths....

I still won't eat inside a restaurant. Not until I have my vaccines....

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Appropriating a raucous student festival is a good move. Similar to Clarion's Homecoming also being Autumn Leaf Festival run by the local chamber.

Choppers are to help spot big parties (or machete brawls) without having more cars driving around on a weekend with extra "distracted" pedestrians. State College does this for Arts Fest.
    Absolutely....the best way to control the event is to take ownership of it and make it work for the town.

What else happens in Indiana in March? Not much. So make it an event and make some money.

The Regency Block Party was the most anticipated even of Spring Semester back in the day...students like to look forward to things too...this could be a nice event coming off spring break.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    The CO-OP store at least tried to cash in on the event. They had a whole assortment of green IUP clothing for sale this week.

Whether IUP and the locals like it or not, it's good for the economy. All the hotels were packed. The bars and restaurants boomed.

I'm sure the borough police generated a lot of income in fines. Lol. The tow-truck companies were towing all day. Big day for that business.

The bars made a fortune yesterday. Most had lines all day.

Crime-wise it doesn't appear anything major happened.

Now, the Covid crowd would have had a stroke walking around Indiana yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

What's funny, or ironic, is the September Appalachian Festival they do close Philly St. The past two years (pre-Covid) they had The Clarks (IUP royalty) headline.

Philly gets closed from say 9th to 5th. Thousands of people. Older crowd. But, nonetheless.

Perhaps, as you suggest, Indiana quits fighting IUPatties but instead cashes in on it. Why not.

I say 'Indiana' and not 'IUP', of course, because it's not an IUP event. Ask Driscoll. He'll tell you 200 times.

It's like the owner of the circus saying the animals aren't his.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied

What's funny, or ironic, is the September Appalachian Festival they do close Philly St. The past two years (pre-Covid) they had The Clarks (IUP royalty) headline.

Philly gets closed from say 9th to 5th. Thousands of people. Older crowd. But, nonetheless.

Perhaps, as you suggest, Indiana quits fighting IUPatties but instead cashes in on it. Why not.

I say 'Indiana' and not 'IUP', of course, because it's not an IUP event. Ask Driscoll. He'll tell you 200 times.

It's like the owner of the circus saying the animals aren't his.
    Appropriating a raucous student festival is a good move. Similar to Clarion's Homecoming also being Autumn Leaf Festival run by the local chamber.

Choppers are to help spot big parties (or machete brawls) without having more cars driving around on a weekend with extra "distracted" pedestrians. State College does this for Arts Fest.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X