Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    They all disappeared from Pittsburgh, not that I ever went.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Can I act like John Belushi from Animal House?

Did I hear that they are closing Long John Silver in Indiana? Sounds like a Popeye's is coming in place of it.
    Another chain not seen in this area....

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm shocked Long John's still exist.
    It's nice to have as takeout every now and then. You wouldn't want to eat that stuff too often unless you want to be a candidate for bypass surgery.

There was an article in the local edition the other day about Popeye's taking over the building but it wasn't clear if it meant Long John's was definitively gone for good.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied

Did I hear that they are closing Long John Silver in Indiana? Sounds like a Popeye's is coming in place of it.
    I'm shocked Long John's still exist.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

You can move to the big city. IUP will probably be renting dorm rooms to locals soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

LOL. Better send them out soon before my back and knees completely go out on me.
    You can move to the big city. IUP will probably be renting dorm rooms to locals soon enough.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    I think you do more by 8Am then the Marines do by 9Am. Tort should send a few guys your way to see of they could keep up with you. I bet they'd tap out of chores by noon. Heck, IUP should offer a 3 credit course called "rural choring" and assign the students to you.
    LOL. Better send them out soon before my back and knees completely go out on me.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Long article in the Tribune-Review (Feb. 7)

Here's the first part:

Downside is that some big pieces of the that campaign went to facilities. I have no problem with the gifts - its rare that alumni give big money to schools like PASSHE and almost never unrestricted (school's discretion) or for scholarships that don't go to Little Lewbowskis. Gotta find ways to cut cost to students and in ways reduce debt. That extra $5k to attend the pretty private school adds up - and should be IUP's (our) selling point.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Long article in the Tribune-Review (Feb. 7)

Here's the first part:

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied
    Wow, his dad is Mean Mike Marshall? He was a great player. Sounds like IUP should try and get more former Marines----remember Barry Threats. Marines are a different breed than most of us. I remember talking to a Marine recruiter in high school and he boasted that they did more by 9 AM than most people do all day long. And you consider this a selling point I asked.

But sounds like a good recruit for IUP to get to be honest. And thanks for sharing the story!
    I think you do more by 8Am then the Marines do by 9Am. Tort should send a few guys your way to see of they could keep up with you. I bet they'd tap out of chores by noon. Heck, IUP should offer a 3 credit course called "rural choring" and assign the students to you.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Wow, his dad is Mean Mike Marshall? He was a great player. Sounds like IUP should try and get more former Marines----remember Barry Threats. Marines are a different breed than most of us. I remember talking to a Marine recruiter in high school and he boasted that they did more by 9 AM than most people do all day long. And you consider this a selling point I asked.

But sounds like a good recruit for IUP to get to be honest. And thanks for sharing the story!
    Yeah his Dad could rip people in half back in the 90s.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Article from the Tribune-Democrat on new OL:

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Never know until you ask. Unfortunately, we do have a track inside Miller Stadium so who knows. Maybe that hated track could be a blessing. People with that kind of coin love having stuff named after them.

He could certainly be the 'whale' donor every program dreams about having -- especially at this level.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    From wikipedia, seems he is into "football" but not necessarily football.

Hurley has made several investments. He is a part-owner of the NBA's Golden State Warriors and the MLS' Los Angeles Football Club.[14]
    On the 25th January 2021 Hurley announced on Twitter that he had become an investor at Leeds United, the English Premier League Football Club.[15][16]

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X