X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post

I agree that it seems like it may fail. But, I 100% believe that they think this will succeed wildly. Like they think that this school will be in demand and attract a lot of students.

As far as IUP and SRU growing? We'll see. IUP seems to have their own issues. I think you may see students go to other non-PASSHE schools instead of this Triad.

I've heard some rumors that there may be quite the enrollment hit at some of these Triad schools for this Fall. (It's still around a month out from start of classes so things can change.) But, with these hits, we'll see if IUP and SRU gain enrollment.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    I'm not a career academic. I work in the business world.

Question I have is who in the freak is going to want to go to an online triad or an on-campus triad (which will soon feel like PSU-BFE)?

SRU and IUP are going to blow up in the West. The rest .... yikes. Walk the plank.

This all seems like a smoke show so in 4 years they can say at least they tried.
    I agree that it seems like it may fail. But, I 100% believe that they think this will succeed wildly. Like they think that this school will be in demand and attract a lot of students.

As far as IUP and SRU growing? We'll see. IUP seems to have their own issues. I think you may see students go to other non-PASSHE schools instead of this Triad.

I've heard some rumors that there may be quite the enrollment hit at some of these Triad schools for this Fall. (It's still around a month out from start of classes so things can change.) But, with these hits, we'll see if IUP and SRU gain enrollment.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Boooooooooooo! Not a fan of this at all.

The solution was to divert state funding from the state relateds.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    I'm not a career academic. I work in the business world.

Question I have is who in the freak is going to want to go to an online triad or an on-campus triad (which will soon feel like PSU-BFE)?

SRU and IUP are going to blow up in the West. The rest .... yikes. Walk the plank.

This all seems like a smoke show so in 4 years they can say at least they tried.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Titanic

Violin Player

Inevitable

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    They kept saying - Focus on the what not the how.

Well, the how is pretty important with this timeframe.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by complaint_hopeful View Post
    So there you have it...something with overwhelming public comments against...has PASSED UNANIMOUSLY.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    Dan Greenstein
    @dan_greenstein1m
    Humbled by opportunity to work with colleagues across
    @statesystem
    re-imagining PA's public #highered for students now and into future. Appreciate hard work of 1k people in our planning, and thoughtful comments from so many whose passion I share for our mission. Onward.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    Hannah and Dale named Interim Presidents at their Triad.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    So there you have it...something with overwhelming public comments against...has PASSED UNANIMOUSLY.
    Last edited by complaint_hopeful; 07-14-2021, 01:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    All 3 student governors are for it. They're excited about it.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    Pretty clear that many BOG members feel they are doing something really historic and changing.

Leave a comment:

• complaint_hopeful
    replied
    Well in the Open Comments...pretty clear that atleast 2 of the student governors are on board. One said that 'There should be joy in this'.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X