• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Perhaps we have been overlooking one important postulate:

To integrate requires integration.

- Lao-Tzu groundhog

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I received something similar about the western integration. Cal has been named as the hub campus simply because they have the most recent regional accreditation. That's a silly reason to me.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

LHU Virtual Town Hall on the 30th. This is all under the microscope so Greenstein's plan better be good. It better be great.

https://www.sungazette.com/news/top-...ual-town-hall/

http://therecord-online.com/site/archives/67228

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Update on Bloom's situation, which I am trying to figure out. Pandemic hit hard and PSSHE student to teacher ratio also hurt.

-$26 million shortfall since 2019-2020 school year
    -received $16.6 million in COVID relief money
    --$10 million loss of revenue because of pandemic (room and board fees were refunded last year)
    -fees on activities and student housing to increase when they go back to normal in the fall
    -91 jobs to be cut by 6-30-22 (after earlier reporting there would be no job cuts)
    -70 of 91 furloughs will be non-faculty jobs
    -14 administrators who left were not replaced
    -21 temporary faculty chopped
    -4% enrollment increase from 2020 spring
    LHU Virtual Town Hall on the 30th. This is all under the microscope so Greenstein's plan better be good. It better be great.

https://www.sungazette.com/news/top-...ual-town-hall/

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Update on Bloom's situation, which I am trying to figure out. Pandemic hit hard and PSSHE student to teacher ratio also hurt.

-$26 million shortfall since 2019-2020 school year
    -received $16.6 million in COVID relief money
    --$10 million loss of revenue because of pandemic (room and board fees were refunded last year)
    -fees on activities and student housing to increase when they go back to normal in the fall
    -91 jobs to be cut by 6-30-22 (after earlier reporting there would be no job cuts)
    -70 of 91 furloughs will be non-faculty jobs
    -14 administrators who left were not replaced
    -21 temporary faculty chopped
    -4% enrollment increase from 2020 spring

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

She'll get a nice pay raise plus a smaller school without union and state BS.

She is making $278k at Ship. The last president at Lawrence was making $375k and change.

We're getting used as an internship in being a college president.
    Do they even have much power at this point?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    She'll get a nice pay raise plus a smaller school without union and state BS.

She is making $278k at Ship. The last president at Lawrence was making $375k and change.

We're getting used as an internship in being a college president.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied
    Ship president leaving.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/0...niversity.html

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Skip Bayless just signed a 4-year deal with Fox Sports for $32m.

Good work if you can get it.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

You still Kant hit the Marx because of all the ENGELS you're trying to take.
    To top that I would have to kibbutz with someone who knew how to work Trotskyism into a sentence. That's why I've been Stalin.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

I get it. At least we speak the same dialectic.
    You still Kant hit the Marx because of all the ENGELS you're trying to take.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

I would give you low Marx for the joke.
    I get it. At least we speak the same dialectic.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

He and his brothers were great comedians. I almost took a course about them for Main Line School Night.
    I would give you low Marx for the joke.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied

I doubt there are any elite liberals on the board. I recall growing up in a Democratic area. My family had pictures of JFK on walls and table tops. I think things started going south when relatives and neighbors started going to Vietnam, while "college boys" and rich kids got deferments. No one considered Republicans favorably, although everyone respected authority. Anyway, I graduated with a "useless degree", went to a Marxist leaning graduate program, and even took graduate level philosophy courses on Karl Marx at Villanova. We all get labeled as something.
    He and his brothers were great comedians. I almost took a course about them for Main Line School Night.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

I can appreciate that. Plus, the conversation has morphed beyond recognition.

I will say that I try to understand all perspectives. For the state of Pennsylvania, that is easy for me because I've lived in so many PA environments, whether it is urban, suburban, rural, small town, east, west, central. But I'll make one final comment about rural PA. Rural/small town PA was at one time (not that long ago) literally the envy of the world. During the time you and I grew up, it embodied an idyllic way of life. Today, particularly in terms of economics, it has slid backwards and been left behind. Meanwhile, they continue to thrive on a perception of independence, not being cognizant of how dependent they have become. As you may recall, I have often stood up for rural interests in these conversations.

I am curious, though. Since you chose to bail on the conversation by responding to my post, do you perceive that I am a member of the "liberal elite?"
    I doubt there are any elite liberals on the board. I recall growing up in a Democratic area. My family had pictures of JFK on walls and table tops. I think things started going south when relatives and neighbors started going to Vietnam, while "college boys" and rich kids got deferments. No one considered Republicans favorably, although everyone respected authority. Anyway, I graduated with a "useless degree", went to a Marxist leaning graduate program, and even took graduate level philosophy courses on Karl Marx at Villanova. We all get labeled as something.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X