Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

Serious question; how does someone from New Mexico and Kansas end up at Shepherd?
    Both kids were originally out of Florida I think. Have to think one of the coaches has a connection down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Both kids were originally out of Florida I think. Have to think one of the coaches has a connection down there.
      Thanks for the info. I do find it interesting how D-2 schools in PA (Gannon has done it before) can pull kids from California, Florida, and all over the place.

Comment

East Stroudsburg signings...

https://esuwarriors.com/news/2021/2/...t-signees.aspx

Comment

EUP had a haul in their recruiting it looks like. Tamar will be a solid QB, saw him play before at Cathedral Prep. Mercyhurst now, I believe, has 13 QB's so far. That is concerning...why would coaches do that to players and why don't players do a little more homework in where they may end up? Their best QB isn't even listed as such on their roster. Mercyhurst also got a couple FLA kids but seems to have missed on a Calif. DB that they were speaking with.

Comment

Millersville signees

https://millersvilleathletics.com/si...ll/football/7/

Comment

Edinboro taking a lot of linemen. Today they signed Eddie Nicotra, OL, 6-4 268, from North Catholic. He had an offer from Clarion and also interest from Ship.

Millersville signed an interesting QB - Cole Klayman. Was on the roster at Shippensburg in 2016, El Camino JC in 2017, then appeared at Abilene Christian in 2019. I thought maybe he took the scenic route back home but he's from Los Angeles.

Comment

Has anybody seen the Signing Day numbers for the PSAC as a whole?

Curious how many signed on NSD compared to normal years. I know it is hard to judge. IUP and SRU took just 9 each. I think Edinboro took 60. Lol. So, that may skew the average.

I watched recruiting closer this year (no basketball).

Found some interesting things. IUP and SRU are built very simiarly but they only went head to head on one player. Seton Hill, in the heart of the PSAC West, ended up with just one WPIAL player.

Bluefield State offered every eligible player in the WPIAL. Lordy.

#LIT-AF's Florida busload can enjoy Lake Erie.

Notre Dame (OH) snuck in and stole perhaps the most unsung player in the class (WR from McKeesport). If that kid was on a team that didn't run 99.3% of plays ... he'd be in major D1.

Saint Francis and Duquesne were a major thorn to PSAC teams. They poached quite a few. Didn't see Bobby Mo as much this year. In a year we'll see some of them in the PSAC.

But, NSD is just a phase of recruiting. The fun cycle starts next. D1 Spring Balls ends. Depth charts get made. Portal floods.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Has anybody seen the Signing Day numbers for the PSAC as a whole?

Curious how many signed on NSD compared to normal years. I know it is hard to judge. IUP and SRU took just 9 each. I think Edinboro took 60. Lol. So, that may skew the average.

I
                  PA Football reported: (numbers probably not a final accurate count)

Bloom 16 (20 reported by the university)
                  Cal 11
                  Clarion 18
                  ESU 12
                  Boro 14
                  Gannon 5
                  IUP 10
                  Kutz 8
                  Lock Haven 5
                  Hurst 10
                  Seton Hill 6
                  Ship 16
                  Rock 9
                  Ville 17

Comment

Using university release numbers:

Bloom 20
                    Cal 12
                    Clarion 25
                    East Stroudsburg 12
                    Edinboro 27
                    Gannon 23
                    IUP 9
                    Kutztown 13 (no release, just tweets)
                    Lock Haven 2 (no release, two RTs)
                    Mercyhurst 22
                    Millersville 22
                    Seton Hill 15
                    Shepherd 12
                    Shippensburg 22
                    Slippery Rock 15
                    West Chester 14 (no release, just tweets)

Some of these include mid-year transfers and PWOs.
                    Last edited by Fightingscot82; 02-08-2021, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Bloom 20
                      Cal 12
                      Clarion 25
                      East Stroudsburg 12
                      Edinboro 27
                      Gannon 23
                      IUP 9
                      Mercyhurst 22
                      Millersville 22
                      Seton Hill 15
                      Shepherd 12
                      Shippensburg 22
                      Slippery Rock 15
                      West Chester 25

I saw in the Twitter World (while watching offers, etc.) that Lock Haven did at least offer a lot of players -- many in the WPIAL. I recall seeing a couple commits but don't recall the names.

Outside of the PSAC -- from what I observed -- Bluefield State was by far the most aggressive in Western PA. Notre Dame (OH) offered several. West Liberty was fairly active in the WPIAL (not sure how many they landed). Fairmont State got a couple. West Virginia State and West Virginia Wesleyan were around.

I think in the coming years we'll see many kids emerge who weren't recruited. It was very difficult to scout kids. Some had to go just on HUDL tapes, etc. Problem there is they only show the good stuff. Many kids only had Junior Year film to offer. For many, the change from 17 to 18 is huge.

I'd have to assume, like the NFL Draft, there was a massive scramble after signing day to sign 'free agents'. You might find some really good 'walk-ons' that for whatever reason got passed over.

I thought Edinboro had an excellent class for a first-year coach. We may look back and say this pandemic year changed the course for the Scots. A lot of those kids they signed ... normal year may have been swiped up by IUP/Cal/SRU.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I saw in the Twitter World (while watching offers, etc.) that Lock Haven did at least offer a lot of players -- many in the WPIAL. I recall seeing a couple commits but don't recall the names.

Outside of the PSAC -- from what I observed -- Bluefield State was by far the most aggressive in Western PA. Notre Dame (OH) offered several. West Liberty was fairly active in the WPIAL (not sure how many they landed). Fairmont State got a couple. West Virginia State and West Virginia Wesleyan were around.

I think in the coming years we'll see many kids emerge who weren't recruited. It was very difficult to scout kids. Some had to go just on HUDL tapes, etc. Problem there is they only show the good stuff. Many kids only had Junior Year film to offer. For many, the change from 17 to 18 is huge.

I'd have to assume, like the NFL Draft, there was a massive scramble after signing day to sign 'free agents'. You might find some really good 'walk-ons' that for whatever reason got passed over.

I thought Edinboro had an excellent class for a first-year coach. We may look back and say this pandemic year changed the course for the Scots. A lot of those kids they signed ... normal year may have been swiped up by IUP/Cal/SRU.
                        Bluefield State just restarted football after 40 years so similar to WVW, AB, Wheeling, etc they're going to offer everybody and also ask if Dad has any eligibility left. Lock Haven and Millersville recruiting the WPIAL isn't much to be annoyed by but they'll nab a handful of kids every year. Lock Haven has to get creative. They have such little reputation in their immediate area and there's virtually nothing above them. I'm concerned about Lock Haven's future as a program. They hired an older first time head coach and there are very little updates on the program. The last website post was a video in October with trick plays and the online presence doesn't offer much. A stale presence with an older vanilla coach can do big damage - reminds me of the latter Scott Browning years at Edinboro. Gotta find some young guys you trust to handle that stuff.

I do appreciate your compliment to the Edinboro class. There were just a couple guys I felt like they missed on: a tall WR in Ohio who chose to PWO at WVU, and two Shenango valley kids who both chose Slippery Rock. I haven't met this staff but I like what I see online. They remind me a bit of Lustig's year with lots of energy. Nulph has a very positive attitude.
                        Last edited by Fightingscot82; 02-08-2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• I did go through and look at some non-conference neighbors signing PA kids:

Notre Dame - 6
                          Fairmont State - 4
                          Ashland - 2
                          Lake Erie - 2
                          Walsh - 2
                          WV Wesleyan - 1

Oddly enough, Lincoln didn't sign ANY kids from PA. Neither did Fairmont State, West Liberty and Wheeling. I didn't check NE-10 or any CIAA beyond Bowie and Lincoln.

What's going on at West Liberty? Other than RTs, no content on the Twitter machine since July 2020. No signing day release just two RTs of news stories on local kids signing.

Comment

• The 5 recruits for Lock Haven: The 2 players form Bald Eagle had visits to Bloom, most likely offers, but decided to stay closer to home.

Kyler Cunningham, LB/TE, Bald Eagle Area

Sean Roberts, DB, Upper Darby

Gage Watson, OT, Bald Eagle Area

Isaiah Pineda, TE/DE, York Suburban

Seamus Filoon, OL, Wyomissing

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Bloom 20
                              Cal 12
                              Clarion 25
                              East Stroudsburg 12
                              Edinboro 27
                              Gannon 23
                              IUP 9
                              Mercyhurst 22
                              Millersville 22
                              Seton Hill 15
                              Shepherd 12
                              Shippensburg 22
                              Slippery Rock 15
                              West Chester 25

Where did you find this information?

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

Where did you find this information?
                                Scratching my head. I counted 14 on Twitter.

Found it. Glanced at last year's release. It's still in the story queue on the FB page.

https://wcupagoldenrams.com/news/202...to-roster.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X