X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

It's actually happened before. Lot's of buzz for Plaxico in 2000, Heath Miller in 2005, and Maurkice Pouncey in 2010.

But I would tend to agree with you that by and large all of these talking heads actually know very little of what the Stillers brass are looking at. Come Thursday evening at 8 PM you can toss away all of the draft expert analysis and mock drafts. They mean absolutely nothing. The action will be fast and furious and every year there are complete surprises that absolutely nobody guessed.
    One team in the Top 5 goes rogue and makes a big surprise pick ... changes all of Round 1 with the trickle down.

As our buddy Mike Tyson said ... everybody has a plan until you get punched in the nose.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Yes, their needs are numerous

Also, when is the last time the Steelers drafted a player all these experts were projecting?
    It's actually happened before. Lot's of buzz for Plaxico in 2000, Heath Miller in 2005, and Maurkice Pouncey in 2010.

But I would tend to agree with you that by and large all of these talking heads actually know very little of what the Stillers brass are looking at. Come Thursday evening at 8 PM you can toss away all of the draft expert analysis and mock drafts. They mean absolutely nothing. The action will be fast and furious and every year there are complete surprises that absolutely nobody guessed.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Add CB to the list after the morning Justin Layne just had in Cleveland.
    He sucked about as bad as I did when I played some CB in the ninth grade. Tough position to play.

Word is that V-Tech corner Caleb Farley could take a fall due to some medical issues. He might be worth a look at 24.

I think LBs/Edges Zaven Collins of Tulsa and Jaelan Phillips out of Miami as well as Najee Harris top my wish list for the top pick at this point in time.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

The standard is the standard.
    Next man up.

We do not live in our fears.

I just wish the Rooneys could at least have a coach who understands the basic rudiments of managing the clock at the end of the game. Dumblin was very fortunate that his defense bailed his stupid azz out several times last season after he made terrible time management decisions.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Add CB to the list after the morning Justin Layne just had in Cleveland.

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    Yes, their needs are numerous

Also, when is the last time the Steelers drafted a player all these experts were projecting?

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    I find it so difficult to get caught up in Steelers draft talk because a) the needs are numerous, b) they're going to pick who they want, c) I don't have a whole lot of faith in their ability to develop talent. Almost sounds like we're talking about Pirates drafting!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    Because a shade over mediocrity is now the Steeler high bar.
    The standard is the standard.

Leave a comment:

• IUPMonk
    replied
    The Stillers sign Mike Tomlin to a three year contract extension. Lord knows why? Ho-hum.

The song "Renegade" should be replaced with Skid Row's "Wasted Time." It would certainly be fitting.
    Because a shade over mediocrity is now the Steeler high bar.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck Norris
    replied

Come on. Who doesn't love a 3-hour morning talk show that is 60% commercials?
    The commercials are the best part of any show Colin Dunlap is on.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied

That's the B Team... never listen to those guy!!! They are idiots!

Come on. Who doesn't love a 3-hour morning talk show that is 60% commercials?

Leave a comment:

• IUPalum
    replied
    On today's version of 93.7's Pittsburgh Sports' Daily Running of the Mouth some pundits seem to think that the Stillers have their first round selection narrowed down to three players----

-Alabama RB Najee Harris

-Alabama C Landon Dickerson

-Oklahoma State OT Tevin Jenkins

I love the Harris one. Total and talented back. I am very much against Dickerson. Hurt all the time and will likely be retired by the time he is 24 or so. Jenkins is a nasty road-grader. I think that he has seen action at both tackle spots but seems to project more as a RT in the NFL. The Stilllers already have two guys under contract he can start at RT.

It is also a possiblity that one of the talented CBs falls to where they pick. But certainly Tomlin has zero history of ever really drafting a CB and making him work through his own coaching.
    That's the B Team... never listen to those guy!!! They are idiots!

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    On today's version of 93.7's Pittsburgh Sports' Daily Running of the Mouth some pundits seem to think that the Stillers have their first round selection narrowed down to three players----

-Alabama RB Najee Harris

-Alabama C Landon Dickerson

-Oklahoma State OT Tevin Jenkins

I love the Harris one. Total and talented back. I am very much against Dickerson. Hurt all the time and will likely be retired by the time he is 24 or so. Jenkins is a nasty road-grader. I think that he has seen action at both tackle spots but seems to project more as a RT in the NFL. The Stilllers already have two guys under contract he can start at RT.

It is also a possiblity that one of the talented CBs falls to where they pick. But certainly Tomlin has zero history of ever really drafting a CB and making him work through his own coaching.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied
    The Stillers sign Mike Tomlin to a three year contract extension. Lord knows why? Ho-hum.

The song "Renegade" should be replaced with Skid Row's "Wasted Time." It would certainly be fitting.

Leave a comment:

• IUP CRIMSON HAWKS
    replied

I would take Lance over Wilson... Just my opinion!
    Lance's upside and ceiling is to the moon and back. He can really do a lot of different stuff by looking at his tape. I was blown away in the first minute by him.

I think I read somewhere that BYU played a cupcake schedule last season. But looks like Wilson will go #2 or so we are led to believe.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X