Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems that fans of teams that are not having spring games ask WHY.
    Fans of teams having games say its a good look at how the newbies perform.
    At Gannon they have testing at their own labs right on campus and have results the next day.
    GU was never closed and had students on campus all yr.
    Student enrollment on campus even with the Covid-19 virus is only down 193 students.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
      Seems that fans of teams that are not having spring games ask WHY.
      I think that's a misconception on your part. I wouldn't expect IUP to try to play actual games this spring.

If you look over the posts on the topic (at least for the PSAC) I think that is the prevailing attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramhead View Post
        Good question. WV overall appears be doing great with vaccines and the state has opened more than most. Not sure that has anything to do with the game. There is a contingency of Shepherd fans going to the game and folks seem to be very excited.
        Yet Wheeling University, less than 5 miles from the site of the Mercyhurst-Shepherd contest, is not permitting visiting fans or the public fr their game versus Notre Dame.

Comment

I'm okay with Edinboro not playing any football this spring. I agree with others that this spring season was somewhat masturbatory and any results would likely have an asterisk. Plus, every PASSHE school is slated for a deficit this year. No need to spend money for the sake of things feeling normal. Its the same reason I don't pay much attention to Spring Training baseball.

Comment

It's shortsighted to think that since the athletes were granted an additional year of eligibility that they will automatically return. Most PSAC student-athletes are paying for a majority of their education, that is, they are not on much of a scholarship. Paying for an additional year is not trivial for most.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X