Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I still think that's overlooking what Mussina has done in his college career, and I also think that's becoming prevalent. The guy is a damn good QB, and people tend to gloss over the fact.
    Is Mussina healthy? Any summer injury? Perhaps more to the story?

It does seem like an odd signing (on both fronts).

ACC scholarship to taking a backup job in PSAC ... seems strange.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Is Mussina healthy? Any summer injury? Perhaps more to the story?

It does seem like an odd signing (on both fronts).

ACC scholarship to taking a backup job in PSAC ... seems strange.
      I'm going to be careful suggesting this, but this situation usually means there was trouble in paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm going to be careful suggesting this, but this situation usually means there was trouble in paradise.
        I absolutely agree.

Comment

I still think that's overlooking what Mussina has done in his college career, and I also think that's becoming prevalent. The guy is a damn good QB, and people tend to gloss over the fact.
          I want Mussina to actually win the job I just know college football is all politics, if they gave Johnson a ton of money to come to Ship from Boston College and he was a scholarship player at BC, they're not letting him sit long. Mussina is a senior this year so maybe Ship does what they did with Zulli and Zap and split the QB duties and run multiple formations to take advantage of defenses.

Comment

ESU roster: https://esuwarriors.com/sports/football/roster

WCU roster
            : https://wcupagoldenrams.com/sports/football/roster
            Last edited by Bart; 08-09-2021, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

I want Mussina to actually win the job I just know college football is all politics, if they gave Johnson a ton of money to come to Ship from Boston College and he was a scholarship player at BC, they're not letting him sit long. Mussina is a senior this year so maybe Ship does what they did with Zulli and Zap and split the QB duties and run multiple formations to take advantage of defenses.
              Was he just signed within the last week or so? If so, I'd probably want to know more about Mussina. Something seems up.

Mussina is a senior academically but just a junior football-wise, correct?

Comment

The situation becomes more muddled with yesterday's release of the Shippensburg fall roster.... or not.

They list just four QBs, including Mussina and Johnson. Bloomsburg transfer and hometown product Carter Van Scyoc has apparently left the program; so have former prospects Ryan Leyh and Brandon Keyes.

But another one of those four quarterbacks is Tucker Strachan, who threw for 2,186 yards in 2019 for Wheeling and led the Mountain East in completions.

Also missing from the last go-round -- in addition to Winston Eubanks and Charles Headen III -- are RBs Raleigh Sirb and Jaelen Thompson. Unless I'm missing something, it appears the ground game is in the hands of Bill Williams and Khalid Dorsey.

Comment

The situation becomes more muddled with yesterday's release of the Shippensburg fall roster.... or not.

They list just four QBs, including Mussina and Johnson. Bloomsburg transfer and hometown product Carter Van Scyoc has apparently left the program; so have former prospects Ryan Leyh and Brandon Keyes.

But another one of those four quarterbacks is Tucker Strachan, who threw for 2,186 yards in 2019 for Wheeling and led the Mountain East in completions.

Also missing from the last go-round -- in addition to Winston Eubanks and Charles Headen III -- are RBs Raleigh Sirb and Jaelen Thompson. Unless I'm missing something, it appears the ground game is in the hands of Bill Williams and Khalid Dorsey.
                  When you have 3 high profile QB's and a brand new offense in which nobody has an advantage how do you split the reps fairly? Everyone is starting from scratch together and you have 3 weeks to install the offense and get ready for game #1. I'm still not certain Eubanks & Headen made the best decisions transfering up to FBS programs, neither as of yet have cracked the 2 deep chart at PSU/SMU respectively and if they end up being 3rd teamers was it the right move? Eubanks I thought could have been a FBS G5 starter had he chosen an AAC program, Headen due to his size I thought would have been better going to an NEC/CAA FCS program if it was just moving up the ranks or even a top out of state D2 program. Will be interesting to see how this season turns out in Shippensburg. I'll finally be returning for HC this year 13 years later (If COVID allows of course lol).

Comment

Millersville roster: https://millersvilleathletics.com/sp...ootball/roster

I tell ya, these guys are going to get considerably better, and fast. Landing RBs Jaheim Morris and Timmy Smith is huge. They do look like they're still hunting for a field leader, though.

Lock Haven roster (no vitals, missing a lot of positions): https://www.golhu.com/sports/football/roster/2020-21

Shippensburg roster: https://shipraiders.com/sports/football/roster

Shepherd roster: https://shepherdrams.com/sports/football/roster

(Kutztown and Bloomsburg aren't up yet.)

Comment

my shot at this below, I think we'll see some shaking up in the East in the middle of the pack with Bloom/Ville/ESU on the rise.

1. Shep
                      2. West Chester
                      3. East Stroud - the old gunslinger is putting together a squad, these guys will be a tough out for anyone
                      4. Kutz - replacing a great QB isn't easy
                      5. Bloom - like what they are doing here, they'll be back towards the top soon
                      6. Ship - losing your OC a month or two before the season is an absolute bomb, throw loosing your receiving core on top of that and its just too much to overcome - rebuild time here
                      7. Ville - these guys are on the rise, wouldn't be shocked if they climb a little higher
                      8. LHU

Comment

Millersville roster: https://millersvilleathletics.com/sp...ootball/roster

I tell ya, these guys are going to get considerably better, and fast. Landing RBs Jaheim Morris and Timmy Smith is huge. They do look like they're still hunting for a field leader, though.

Lock Haven roster (no vitals, missing a lot of positions): https://www.golhu.com/sports/football/roster/2020-21

Shippensburg roster: https://shipraiders.com/sports/football/roster

Shepherd roster: https://shepherdrams.com/sports/football/roster

(Kutztown and Bloomsburg aren't up yet.)
                        Shepherd appears to have taken away Ship starting CB John Chaney as a graduate transfer. Should be interesting when the two teams meet this season

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          Coaches poll will be released on Wednesday, August 4. Here's a place to predict, discuss, and argue about how we think the PSAC East will finish.

To get things started:

1. Shepherd
                          2. Kutztown
                          3. West Chester
                          4. Shippensburg
                          5. East Stroudsburg
                          6. Bloomsburg
                          7. Millersville
                          8. Lock Haven
                          After having a year of not seeing these teams it's really tough to judge the top 3 or 4 so I can't argue with the ranking at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by wvftballfan View Post

After having a year of not seeing these teams it's really tough to judge the top 3 or 4 so I can't argue with the ranking at this point.
                            I'd certainly agree that nobody should put Ship above fourth in that division.

Comment

I'd certainly agree that nobody should put Ship above fourth in that division.
                              This will be a rough year offensively no Sligh, Eubanks, Headen and Gontrak is still not on the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by wvftballfan View Post

I think you could say that for just about every team. Probably consensus that Lock Haven finishes last and Millersville is not likely to finish top 3 in the East but there's been so much movement and at least half of everyone's roster is "new" players. It could be a wild season in both divisions.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X