Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your in-person 2021 college football schedule

After a year hiatus for most people, fans will (hopefully) be able to attend some college football games this coming fall. As I've posted in the past, I'm curious which games people planned to attend this upcoming season across all college football divisions, obviously including Division II.

Here's my personal, planned schedule (all times Eastern):

DEFINITE/LIKELY GAMES
    09/18 (Sat): Boston College at Temple, 12:00 PM
    10/09 (Sat): Kutztown at Bloomsburg, 2:00 PM OR Lehigh at Penn, 1:00 PM
    10/30 (Sat): Lafayette at Georgetown, 12:30 PM
    11/06 (Sat): East Stroudsburg at Shepherd, 12:00 PM

OTHER POSSIBLE GAMES
    09/25 (Sat): Penn at Lafayette, 3:30 PM (unlikely due to commitments with my girlfriend's family, but possible)
    10/09 (Sat): Bucknell at Lafayette, 12:30 PM (this is the third option that day behind KU/BU and LU/Penn)
    11/27 (Sat): Navy at Temple, time TBA (fairly good chance I'll attend, especially if it is a 12 PM ET kickoff, but too soon to tell at this point)

In addition to games listed above, select DI-AA/FCS and/or D2 playoff games involving teams I follow that take place near the DC area (on 11/20, 12/4, 12/11, or 12/18) or near the Lehigh Valley (on 11/27) are also possibilities.

Finally, I plan to attend three Philadelphia Eagles games NFL games this fall (11/7 vs L.A. Chargers, 11/21 vs New Orleans, and 1/2 at Washington). There's a chance a fourth game could be added, 10/24 at Las Vegas, but ticket prices for that game are currently much higher than I want to pay.

For those of you who remember these threads from previous years, you may have noticed my list of college games is much shorter this season. There are a few reasons for that - girlfriend not happy with me attending so many sports events pre-pandemic, less interest in college football due to the pandemic, and my brother no longer attending Mississippi State. Still, I do want to get to a few games, especially when there are no conflicts with me and my girlfriend's mutual schedule and/or games are being played relatively near where I live or during planned family visits.

So which college football games do you plan to attend during the 2021 season?

Comment

My night of choice is Friday and a plan to hit a high school game each week. But I do have Oct. 2 and Oct. 16 circled. Ship visits Shepherd and Kutztown on those days.

Kutztown especially, with a 5 p.m. start, makes for a nice day, perhaps hit a few Berks County wineries pregame.

Comment

Still waiting things out. So far my plans is to watch all the IUP games online.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Still waiting things out. So far my plans is to watch all the IUP games online.

Comment

I scored some N95 masks, and plan on using them while broadcasting games this Fall...I have a brand-new Granddaughter to protect!
            Last edited by WarriorVoice; 08-16-2021, 06:03 AM.

Comment

I doubt I'll go to more than a handful of games this year - most likely all Edinboro home games. Definitely so far, 9/11 vs Ship and 10/9 vs Slip. Maybes are 10/2 at Seton Hill, 10/30 at IUP, 11/6 vs Clarion. Anything else online.

Definitely no FBS games this year with big crowds unless there's a proof of vax/neg test requirement at the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                I doubt I'll go to more than a handful of games this year - most likely all Edinboro home games. Definitely so far, 9/11 vs Ship and 10/9 vs Slip. Maybes are 10/2 at Seton Hill, 10/30 at IUP, 11/6 vs Clarion. Anything else online.

Definitely no FBS games this year with big crowds unless there's a proof of vax/neg test requirement at the gate.

Being that we all have those cramped bleacher seats ... wonder if the PSAC will implement things like every other row or something.

Granted, most days at most of our stadiums it won't make a difference as they are maybe 1/3 full.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Being that we all have those cramped bleacher seats ... wonder if the PSAC will implement things like every other row or something.

Granted, most days at most of our stadiums it won't make a difference as they are maybe 1/3 full.
                  PSAC deferred to individual campuses on attendance policies. Outdoors is better than indoors and I won't be sitting in a sea of people anyway. Edinboro does have the luxury of a 2,500 capacity away side if they need to spread people out. Except for Homecoming against Slip. That could get dicey.

Comment

Maybe ?? East Stroudsburg @ THE ROCK (home opener)

probably - THE ROCK at Seton Hill (25 minute drive)

Definitely - ROCK Homecoming- with mask &/ or plastic bubble or hazmat suit; whatever it takes

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X