Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Psac west - 2019

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    VULCANS offense should be set with MITCHELL passing, DANDRIDGE, HILL, LIVINGSTON catching and NELSON running. The question will be do they have the defense to cut the opponent's scoring from 24 ppg to 17 ppg and avoid bad losses like GU. Only lost 11 players to graduation so experience won't be an issue. Time will tell.
    I concur. The Cal defensive front 6/7 will be the key. Loss of NG Akins & LB Blair need to be filled. I think they've got the personnel, just need to coach them up.

Comment

Is McPhatter back?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Is McPhatter back?
        Yes he is....#6

www.d2football.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95239
        Last edited by CALUPA69; 07-21-2019, 04:44 PM. Reason: Additional info

Comment

He's a Max Redfield type.

Maybe not the pedigree but certainly the effect he has on teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Is McPhatter back?
            I was thinking that he should be considered for PSACWest DPOY.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
              Was posted by Ctrabs74:

http://www.d2football.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95218

They have a countdown on the PSAC web site:

https://psacsports.org/index.aspx?path=football

But no word on whether it will be live stream.
              I'd suspect more details about Media Day will be posted at some point this week, but no later than next Monday (29 July). That's usually when participating players and other logistics (livestreaming, social media plans, etc.) are released, at least judging from how other conferences handle their media days these days.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

1. IUP - With the transfer QB, Dreher at WR with Brown...and Bullock and Evans at RB. Still question the DL and run D but I assume thats a point of emphasis in the offseason.
                2. SRU - Just assuming its hard to replicate the O production without Hills. Seems at the end of last season they were only throwing 200/yds/g.
                3. Cal - O should be really good. Run D last year was worse than IUP's (statistically). Everybody is back basically with additions.. Cox at LB, Scarbrough at DT, and the WCU transfer...also some of the young DL from last year with some experience.
                - could be a year of a three way tie. To me comes down to the QB play and run D's.
                -Last year run D (in conference only) SRU 2.7 ypc, IUP 4.0, Cal 4.6.....in 2017 SRU was 6.4 ypc, IUP 2.7, and Cal 3.6 so it can fluctuate a lot.

4. Hurst - Has everybody back and a four year starter at QB.
                5. Gannon - I assume they will go back towards the mean....for them meaning .500
                6. Boro - lost 18 sr's...most productive 3 DL (almost 50 tfl's) , LB, and DB. Two of the better OL, an all conference WR, and the conference player of the year at RB with about 2000 all purpose yds. Offense might struggle a lot without Fletcher and front 7 ..esp DL is a question...all while replacing Lake Erie with Grand Valley week 1.
                7. Clarion - have all their skill guys back but lose maybe 3 top D guys and OL is a big question. Outside of a QB breakout year wouldnt surprise me if they finish 8.
                8. Seton Hill - they had some decent QB play last year...both are back. Assuming it wasnt just having the top WR in the psac to me QB play and a new coach give them a shot to not finish last.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                  1. IUP - With the transfer QB, Dreher at WR with Brown...and Bullock and Evans at RB. Still question the DL and run D but I assume thats a point of emphasis in the offseason.
                  2. SRU - Just assuming its hard to replicate the O production without Hills. Seems at the end of last season they were only throwing 200/yds/g.
                  3. Cal - O should be really good. Run D last year was worse than IUP's (statistically). Everybody is back basically with additions.. Cox at LB, Scarbrough at DT, and the WCU transfer...also some of the young DL from last year with some experience.
                  - could be a year of a three way tie. To me comes down to the QB play and run D's.
                  -Last year run D (in conference only) SRU 2.7 ypc, IUP 4.0, Cal 4.6.....in 2017 SRU was 6.4 ypc, IUP 2.7, and Cal 3.6 so it can fluctuate a lot.

4. Hurst - Has everybody back and a four year starter at QB.
                  5. Gannon - I assume they will go back towards the mean....for them meaning .500
                  6. Boro - lost 18 sr's...most productive 3 DL (almost 50 tfl's) , LB, and DB. Two of the better OL, an all conference WR, and the conference player of the year at RB with about 2000 all purpose yds. Offense might struggle a lot without Fletcher and front 7 ..esp DL is a question...all while replacing Lake Erie with Grand Valley week 1.
                  7. Clarion - have all their skill guys back but lose maybe 3 top D guys and OL is a big question. Outside of a QB breakout year wouldnt surprise me if they finish 8.
                  8. Seton Hill - they had some decent QB play last year...both are back. Assuming it wasnt just having the top WR in the psac to me QB play and a new coach give them a shot to not finish last.

Comment

SRU just announced another Rb transfer from Rutgers. The race in the west will be an interesting one.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                      SRU just announced another Rb transfer from Rutgers. The race in the west will be an interesting one.
                      I'm really really really liking these additions via transfer for The Rock. Lutz at it again.

https://rockathletics.com/news/2019/...ball-team.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
                        I'm really really really liking these additions via transfer for The Rock. Lutz at it again.

https://rockathletics.com/news/2019/...ball-team.aspx
                        These guys will probably run all over IUP. Jus' sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          Sure hope so! That one-two punch of Snorweah & Dinkins sounds lethal. Add in Talley (another former pro's son) with great size on the outside and the offense is greatly upgraded. I wonder if Clarke (PSU transfer) is out for the season now? Lutz didn't mention him when speaking about the receiving corps. If so, that blows.

We won't know until the game is played but on paper it sounds like it'll be a good battle for SRU.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                            You would ...

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                              I was thinking that he should be considered for PSACWest DPOY.
                              He's a playmaker for sure. I think he's looking toward the draft in April, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACfan1 View Post
                                Sure hope so! That one-two punch of Snorweah & Dinkins sounds lethal. Add in Talley (another former pro's son) with great size on the outside and the offense is greatly upgraded. I wonder if Clarke (PSU transfer) is out for the season now? Lutz didn't mention him when speaking about the receiving corps. If so, that blows.

We won't know until the game is played but on paper it sounds like it'll be a good battle for SRU.
                                Look like some pretty good pickups for SRU. Must stay healthy though...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X