Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Psac west - 2019

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    LOL ... I tried to at least make a 'discussion' thread. That lasted about 3 posts.

Here's the reality, ... IUP fans could certainly pick IUP to NOT win the West. The past decade is plenty of proof in the pudding.
    True, in the end it will depend alot on how the transfers work out. If Maxwell works out at IUP, they will be hard to beat, if not, 8-3 and sitting during the playoffs is possible. If Rock strikes gold again with its transfers, they will be hard to beat. If someone else gets a juco guy that's under the radar, or someone - like say Tomko at edinboro, matures more than expected, they do well - who knows, the unexpected is what makes it interesting

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
      True, in the end it will depend alot on how the transfers work out. If Maxwell works out at IUP, they will be hard to beat, if not, 8-3 and sitting during the playoffs is possible. If Rock strikes gold again with its transfers, they will be hard to beat. If someone else gets a juco guy that's under the radar, or someone - like say Tomko at edinboro, matures more than expected, they do well - who knows, the unexpected is what makes it interesting
      True. If he makes good decisions and cuts down on the turnovers, the IUP offense could be a Juggernaut of ball control. The o-line - as long as the top six can stay healthy - has a lot of experience coming into the season and will control the line of scrimmage far more than getting controlled. That's IUP football, grinding the ball and beating the opposing D into submission. Not flashy, but effective.

Comment

At least we can all clearly see IUP fans are objective..........

Comment

A lot of new hacks on this board now.

Comment

The 2019 Final Standings will be:

1. SRU
            2. IUP
            3. Cal
            4. Hurst
            5. Clarion
            6. Boro
            7. Gannon (Coach fired!!!)
            8. Seton Hill

West Offensive Player of the Year: Roland Rivers, SRU

West Defensive Player of the Year: Damon Lloyd, IUP

West Coach of the Year:

West Game of the Year: SRU smacks IUP IUP will have 2 losses)

West Upset of the Year: Hurst beats IUP (IUP's other loss.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
              I'm shocked...
              Aren't we all!!

Comment

I know I saw a note on here about the PSAC preseason presser at LHU, but I can't locate it. Help please. Does anyone know if it will be streamed.

Comment

In all seriousness though, the only thing people can be certain of is who the top three teams are and who the bottom five are. After that it is a crapshoot as to who will be where come November. Keep in mind there are still players looking for homes and even some who will be looking homes during camp because they do not like the situation they are in (Wuestner).

Comment

Originally posted by the iup librarian View Post
                    In all seriousness though, the only thing people can be certain of is who the top three teams are and who the bottom five are. After that it is a crapshoot as to who will be where come November. Keep in mind there are still players looking for homes and even some who will be looking homes during camp because they do not like the situation they are in (Wuestner).
                    There's no greater example of what the right, late, major addition can do to a team more than Max Redfield.

Comment

Damon Lloyd will have a monster season.

But, Dondrea Tillman will be insane this year.

Thought that dude was jacked last year as a junior ... wait till you see this year. He's going to actually scare some of those poor O-tackles.

Comment

Comment

Agreed. I'd much rather talk about noon kicks, poor attendance and Manny Machado for another month.

Comment

I don't expect them to win the West,(Tony might) but Mercyhurst is going to have a big say in who does, got IUP & ROCK at home in back to back weeks early in the conference schedule

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                              The 2019 Final Standings will be:

1. SRU
                              2. IUP
                              3. Cal
                              4. Hurst
                              5. Clarion
                              6. Boro
                              7. Gannon (Coach fired!!!)
                              8. Seton Hill

West Offensive Player of the Year: Roland Rivers, SRU

West Defensive Player of the Year: Damon Lloyd, IUP

West Coach of the Year:

West Game of the Year: SRU smacks IUP IUP will have 2 losses)

West Upset of the Year: Hurst beats IUP (IUP's other loss.
                              Hmmmmmm delusional much?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                Agreed. I'd much rather talk about noon kicks, poor attendance and Manny Machado for another month.
                                Do I note a hint of sarcasm there?

Here's the thing. What I've always liked about this board is the organic nature of the conversations. We start with one topic and the conversation swings from one topic to the next and on and on and on. People keep posting.

I've never concerned myself with what people post. If it's something I'm not interested in I just let it go. Big Indian you want to post about future hypothetical IUP/SRU matchups months from now or relive IUP games and QB controversies from years back then that's your business. Really. Just do it. If it stimulates conversation, that's great.

I get the impression that you judge the worthiness of the topics brought forward, though. When I started the Manny Machado thread it was off-topic but it got over 1600 views. So, it must not have been "pointless" to everyone. In fact, you made several comments in that thread. When I posted about Lock Haven starting women's wrestling (a national story, BTW), you hated it. It wasn't down your alley and that is fine by me. But it did get over 2100 views.

The fact is there are a couple months of the year when there isn't much PSAC football to talk about. I'm not really into trying to force the conversation but if you want to do that then you do that. Sometimes silence isn't so bad.

Just keep the conversation flowing and see where it goes. Often, it's a surprise which is one of the good things about a forum. Pretty much, it always polices itself.

As someone mentioned, the jokers seem to come and go. Don't worry about it. As for me, I ain't leaving! In summary, I will leave you with "Go IUP!"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X