• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Hypothetical - Last Chance U

Comment

Re: OT: Hypothetical - Last Chance U

SRU basketball under KR for sure.

Football-wise I'd say it is Gannon and it's not even close.

Comment

This Seasons last chance U maybe more like Lit AF from 2017

Comment

They seem similar to me. As many D1 transfers as you can get and A-hole HC's with giant egos. (East Mississippi and Independence)

The implosion at Independence was an interesting twist to me at least. I expected more on the HC leaving other than texting some german kid I'm your new Hitler. Meaning listen to me like the furor... seemingly because the kid didn't listen very well. Pretty weak considering other **** he says. But saying Hitler nowadays is seemingly considered worse than any curse you can say.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
            This Seasons last chance U maybe more like Lit AF from 2017
            They both won two games too. (in 2018)

Comment

I was an undergrad during Frank's glory years when he took IUP to the national title game twice. Maybe I have selective amnesia but I really don't recall that many problems with his players at that time to be honest. Now those teams of his last several years there were certainly problems all over the place.

But the Cal teams that you mentioned would absolutely be good for what you are talking about---or at least I think as I really have no idea what you are talking about. A show?

I would definitely extend that time frame to include the Peter Lalich years (aka Lalich and the Lawless).

-

Comment

Comment

You forgot the university president on the sideline in team gear and his faux student fan group.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                    I was an undergrad during Frank's glory years when he took IUP to the national title game twice. Maybe I have selective amnesia but I really don't recall that many problems with his players at that time to be honest. Now those teams of his last several years there were certainly problems all over the place.

But the Cal teams that you mentioned would absolutely be good for what you are talking about---or at least I think as I really have no idea what you are talking about. A show?

I would definitely extend that time frame to include the Peter Lalich years (aka Lalich and the Lawless).

-

Frank had some pretty wild teams there toward the end -- probably his last 5-7 years. They were buying a lot of great players -- with a lot of great baggage. Not all, but several. Some of Frank's rosters in my years there were just full of major D1 castoffs -- Pitt, Temple, WVU, Rutgers, etc.

He had a nice pipeline running from Pitt to IUP for several years. Some of them really worked out great -- Amir Dew, John Jones, etc.

The end of Frank's run there was obviously extremely influential in Atwater targeting THE (Saint) Lou Tepper.

I remember going back to a game ... maybe in Tepper's 3rd year or so ... and seeing the team was just so different. Frank's teams had that (D2 version) Miami Hurricanes of the 80s charisma and swagger. Tepper's teams were the polar opposite.

Comment

I wonder if any PSAC coach would hire Jason Brown as an assistant lol. He does love the kids just doesn't accept any crap and has a limited vocabulary lol. I would love for season 5 to come up north and maybe do ASA College in NYC, Lackawanna, or head out west to an LA community college with football like LA Valley or Pierce.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Frank had some pretty wild teams there toward the end -- probably his last 5-7 years. They were buying a lot of great players -- with a lot of great baggage. Not all, but several. Some of Frank's rosters in my years there were just full of major D1 castoffs -- Pitt, Temple, WVU, Rutgers, etc.

He had a nice pipeline running from Pitt to IUP for several years. Some of them really worked out great -- Amir Dew, John Jones, etc.

The end of Frank's run there was obviously extremely influential in Atwater targeting THE (Saint) Lou Tepper.

I remember going back to a game ... maybe in Tepper's 3rd year or so ... and seeing the team was just so different. Frank's teams had that (D2 version) Miami Hurricanes of the 80s charisma and swagger. Tepper's teams were the polar opposite.
                        Tepper's teams were soft!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                          Tepper's teams were soft!

Yep. It wasn't close to the same program.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan12 View Post
                            I wonder if any PSAC coach would hire Jason Brown as an assistant lol. He does love the kids just doesn't accept any crap and has a limited vocabulary lol. I would love for season 5 to come up north and maybe do ASA College in NYC, Lackawanna, or head out west to an LA community college with football like LA Valley or Pierce.
                            I don't think so. I heard he has been charged with several felony counts for impersonating an attorney and threatening local media. To be fair, I don't think you can judge him on what they show on the program though. he may be worse, or maybe not as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X