X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Agree...refused to attempt to put LIT AF away. I think the defense was tired...for some reason.

IUP is throwing far too much, let alone throwing late in the fourth quarter.
    What ... who doesn't call two bombs while trying to run clock lol

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

IUP just refused to end the game. No. 7 had a clear Pick 6 that would have iced it. Dropped. The defense just vanished for long stretches.

The play calling was ... well, fill in the blank.
    Agree...refused to attempt to put LIT AF away. I think the defense was tired...for some reason.

IUP is throwing far too much, let alone throwing late in the fourth quarter.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I just see a lot of inconsistency from all of these teams this year, including IUP. It's hard to explain the ups and down multiple programs are having from week to week.
    You're right. I figured you guys would crush Gannon today. Comparative scores can always be misleading, but they seem to be especially so this year. Certainly from West Chester's performances so far this season I have no idea what they're bringing to Ship next week. I don't think Ship's first four games prepared them for maybe the region's best quarterback and his talented corps of receivers. Between transfers and disrupted recruiting with the missed season last year, it seems that a lot of teams have been left with questions to answer. We could use more size on defense. I think Kutztown's QB is bigger than all but about one or two of our defensive starters.
    Last edited by Ship69; 10-02-2021, 03:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• WarriorVoice
    replied
    ESU settled down on defense and played extremely well. The offense is banged up at WR and QB. The running game is solid for ESU, but they have only 1 receiving threat right now in Bender.

The most points the ESU D has allowed is 22 this season. That will keep them in most games this year.

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

SPOT DARN ON !!!! Gannon could have won this game. IUP just did some dumb stuff...as usual. Their offensive play calling, especially late in the 4th quarter, is just awful at best. IUP probably will go 0-2 against Cal U and Slippery Rock.
    IUP just refused to end the game. No. 7 had a clear Pick 6 that would have iced it. Dropped. The defense just vanished for long stretches.

The play calling was ... well, fill in the blank.

Leave a comment:

• iupgroundhog
    replied
    Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I know you're a Bloom guy. Did Bloomsburg pick it up tremendously from last week, or was West Chester just that bad?
    I just see a lot of inconsistency from all of these teams this year, including IUP. It's hard to explain the ups and down multiple programs are having from week to week.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by Bart View Post

Someone said

Leave a comment:

• ShoNuff
    replied
    SPOT DARN ON !!!! Gannon could have won this game. IUP just did some dumb stuff...as usual. Their offensive play calling, especially late in the 4th quarter, is just awful at best. IUP probably will go 0-2 against Cal U and Slippery Rock.

Leave a comment:

• CUlater
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

Thanks. That gives me some hope for next week as Ship probably is better against the run than the pass at this point. At least WCU won't have a QB named Bagent. Glad to see Bloom have a competitive game. There are too many blowouts in the PSAC these days.
    Someone said

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied

Bloom played their best game of the season WCU turned it over 4x, and didn't show much of a passing game. They are #1 for rushing in the league, and Bloom is last in defending the run. On WCU's last scoring drive they ran it 9 plays for 80 yds for a score. No passing.
    Thanks. That gives me some hope for next week as Ship probably is better against the run than the pass at this point. At least WCU won't have a QB named Bagent. Glad to see Bloom have a competitive game. There are too many blowouts in the PSAC these days.

Leave a comment:

• Bart
    replied

I know you're a Bloom guy. Did Bloomsburg pick it up tremendously from last week, or was West Chester just that bad?
    Bloom played their best game of the season WCU turned it over 4x, and didn't show much of a passing game. They are #1 for rushing in the league, and Bloom is last in defending the run. On WCU's last scoring drive they ran it 9 plays for 80 yds for a score. No passing.

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Bloom ball at 30 yd, but throw an int a 1yd line with 14 secs.

Leave a comment:

• Fightingscot82
    replied
    Edinboro 7
    Seton Hill 0

7:17 left in the 2nd

Leave a comment:

• Ship69
    replied
    Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    I have zero confidence of Ship's defense being able to get off the field on any given third down.
    This is I think the fourth time Ship has given up 50 or more points to good teams in the past two seasons. We seem to be recruiting OK on the offensive side of the ball, but need to pick it up on defense. There is some hope as we have a lot of young guys this year, but so do some of the other teams. Need a physical presence like Ship used to have with Jake Metz or Dakota Thompson.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X