Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-1 Teams...

Of the 4-1 teams in the East, SHEP clearly has the inside track to hosting the State Game with only real threat being WCU in Shepherdstown for Homecoming on 10/23. KUTZ is second but with SHIP and WCU still left, even at AR stadium, seems like a long shot. SHIP and WCU both have three challenging games left and they are clearly on the outside looking in.

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Of the 4-1 teams in the East, SHEP clearly has the inside track to hosting the State Game with only real threat being WCU in Shepherdstown for Homecoming on 10/23. KUTZ is second but with SHIP and WCU still left, even at AR stadium, seems like a long shot. SHIP and WCU both have three challenging games left and they are clearly on the outside looking in.
    Kutztown owns the head-to-head over Shepherd. I just don't see them losing twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Kutztown owns the head-to-head over Shepherd. I just don't see them losing twice.
      So SHIP would have to run the table, unlikely, and SHEP be upset on Homecoming Day, highly unlikely, to avoid the First Ever PSAC Championship Game NOT IN PA!!!

Comment

Kutztown is in charge of the East unless they lose. They have the head-to-head so they probably need to lose twice.

Comment

Kutztown schedule looks like they could clinch the east basically if they avoid an upset in the next two weeks with Bloom and SHipp.....since the 2 after that are LH and Millersville before ending with West Chester.

Comment

Honestly, I have given up on Shepherd winning the East. While that would be nice, the playoffs and regional title are still very much in play. If somehow Kutztown crashes and burns, I'll take it. However, I don't see that happening. So, I feel like Shepherd will be just fine for a playoff spot if it takes care of business the rest of the way out.

Comment

I think it's a bit early to predict the East after just 2 divisional games. ESU has held Slippery Rock to 22 points and Kutztown to 21. Don't bet the house on anything just yet. Plus I really think Slippery Rock will beat anyone from the East.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I think it's a bit early to predict the East after just 2 divisional games. ESU has held Slippery Rock to 22 points and Kutztown to 21. Don't bet the house on anything just yet. Plus I really think Slippery Rock will beat anyone from the East.
                I'm still unsure about how good Slippery Rock is. I know that they are good, but I also know that their opponents have combined for 4 wins, so they're also not the most battle tested group yet.

Comment

The only two teams remaining I could envision beating Kutztown are Ship and WCU. If Kutztown beats Ship, the race is over.

As for Rock, they looked plenty beatable against ESU, and Wayne State is now 0-5. I'm not convinced they'll win the West. If they do, I like Kutztown or Shepherd make the State Game competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                    The only two teams remaining I could envision beating Kutztown are Ship and WCU. If Kutztown beats Ship, the race is over.

As for Rock, they looked plenty beatable against ESU, and Wayne State is now 0-5. I'm not convinced they'll win the West. If they do, I like Kutztown or Shepherd make the State Game competitive.
                    Competitive? Is the west traditionally laying the smack down on the East champ? Kutztown lost to Rock in 2019 37-35. WC won it in 2018 right?

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I was shocked to see Wayne State at 0-5. They'd have beat SRU in that final minute about 19 of 20 times. Those last 60 seconds may be the biggest coaching disaster I've ever watched.

Comment

Kutztown says hello. They hold the tiebreaker with Shepherd.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Kutztown says hello. They hold the tiebreaker with Shepherd.
                          Yeah, I don't see Kutztown losing twice in the East either. Shepherd's best bet is winning a three-way tie breaker with either Ship or WCU only losing to Shepherd in the East. While possible, I just don't see it happening.

Comment

Yeah, I don't see Kutztown losing twice in the East either. Shepherd's best bet is winning a three-way tie breaker with either Ship or WCU only losing to Shepherd in the East. While possible, I just don't see it happening.
                            Well anything can happen, but so far it seems like Ship and WCU are not quite on the KU / Shep level - just less complete. Of course anything can happen and if KU lets down, or has some bad luck, they can lose to either team.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Well anything can happen, but so far it seems like Ship and WCU are not quite on the KU / Shep level - just less complete. Of course anything can happen and if KU lets down, or has some bad luck, they can lose to either team.
                              That's why they play the games.

Heck, one Covid outbreak could change everything for a given team.

One week at a time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X