Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Honestly, I will be shocked if more than 7 teams with 1 loss remain at the end of the season. Something is going to happen with SRU, Cal and IUP. One or two of those teams will end up with 2 losses at least. I am not sure that Ohio Dominican can run the table through the GMAC, but that league may not get a team in as it currently stands. The MEC is a peculiar case. This is an elimination game coming up for NDC, but really they could end up being a two bid league. I truly feel like Bentley will be the lone NE-10 team, but you never know. And the, there will be a few surprises, including who may sit out due to COVID.

If Kutztown and Shepherd win out, which I feel is what most predict, that would put Shepherd as second in the East. So, if we all feel that the PSAC will likely get three or four teams in, what one loss team from the West would have the strength of schedule that Shepherd will have with the road wins at ODU in non-conference play and IUP in the crossover. I see Shepherd as the third PSAC team currently. Of course, Shepherd has to win out, which isn't a given with WCU and ESU left on the schedule.
    And if SRU loses to IUP, SRU @ Shepherd in week 11 which would be a playoff game essentially.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Wow. You wrote off IUP already. LOL.
      I haven't written them off, I just think Cal will be a tougher test for Slippery Rock than IUP will.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

And if SRU loses to IUP, SRU @ Shepherd in week 11 which would be a playoff game essentially.
        It sure could be! I am still not sold on how good SRU is due to its current schedule, but we will see soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          Earned Access technically doesn't exist anymore but I also understand if the SR1 committee has a hard time leaving out a 1 loss team.
          It doesn't? What happened to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

It doesn't? What happened to it?
            I was under the impression it went away when they instituted playoff expansion.

Comment

Just scoping out the Super Region 1 landscape, my stab a a regional rankings that mean nothing at this time:

1. Bentley 5-0- @ New Haven and @ So Co being toughest remaining games, I'd say is the frontrunner to the #1 slot due to the remaining schedule.
              2. Rock 5-0- IUP, Cal at home and the state game potentially or Shepherd. 3 tough ones, I doubt they win all of them.
              3. California 5-0- @ IUP, @ Rock, almost looks like 9-2 at the worst? Does an 9-2 Cal team make it over possibly an 8-2 IUP team even if IUP has the head to head?
              4. Kutztown 4-1-@ West Chester and most likely the state game.
              5. Charleston 3-1- @ UNCP, already played FSU and ND, so as along as they just show up and play they should beat everyone left. Strong bet to be 9-1
              6. Notre Dame 4-1- FSU, @ UNCP- if they lose to FSU you could probably stick a fork in the MEC being a 2 bid league this year. If they win, both Charleston and ND are in probably smooth sailing rest of the way.
              7. Shepherd 4-1- West Chester, Rock at home possibly. Rams should be 9-2 at worst.
              8. ODU 4-1- @ Ashland, Findlay, @Tiffin. Even with 1 L there, could be an EA participant for the back couple playoff slots?
              9. IUP 3-1- @ Rock, Cal and state game. IUP may have to win out or at least get to the state game to get in.

Ship 4-1, West Chester 4-1, New Haven 3-1- I'd project additional losses by all of these. Don't know a ton about NH but WC and Ship have probably been the least impressive with good records so far but tougher schedules to end the year.
              Inkblot in the general forum posted his current rankings. West Chester's strength of schedule is bad, Ship's is worse, Cal's is worse yet, and Rock's is the absolute worst among team in contention. Fortunately we're only five weeks into the season.

Comment

I was under the impression it went away when they instituted playoff expansion.
                So you posted definitively "Earned Access technically doesn't exist anymore" based on an impression. Got it.

Comment

So you posted definitively "Earned Access technically doesn't exist anymore" based on an impression. Got it.
                  I'm pretty sure it was eliminated. I can't find anything resembling it in the selection rules published on the NCAA website in August or in 2019 criteria. But that doesn't mean it still can't be instituted by the committee even though the rule is off the books.

Comment

I enjoy talking about football.....

Comment

Inkblot in the general forum posted his current rankings. West Chester's strength of schedule is bad, Ship's is worse, Cal's is worse yet, and Rock's is the absolute worst among team in contention. Fortunately we're only five weeks into the season.
                      I like his better!

Ultimately I'm predicting 1 from the GMAC, 1 from the NE10, 2 from the MEC and 3 for the PSAC. Just hoping Shepherd is part of that 3.

Comment

I like his better!

Ultimately I'm predicting 1 from the GMAC, 1 from the NE10, 2 from the MEC and 3 for the PSAC. Just hoping Shepherd is part of that 3.
                        I'm still not sure that the GMAC gets a team in.

Comment

Unless Ship can somehow beat West Chester and Kutztown, its SOS is largely irrelevant.

Comment

Agreed slip and cal u play cupcake teams until iup

Comment

Three more weeks and the story will be (mostly) told. There's too many unknowns. Cal and SRU could be very good. But, may not be. We don't know yet. Their resumes are pretty bad right now. Ship got hammered by the first good team it played. West Chester got blasted by Bentley and snuck past Edinboro and Bloomsburg. IUP has a signature win on the resume and a signature loss.

It all works itself out.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it was eliminated. I can't find anything resembling it in the selection rules published on the NCAA website in August or in 2019 criteria. But that doesn't mean it still can't be instituted by the committee even though the rule is off the books.
                                As far as I know it still exists. In 2019 it got Miles in in SR2.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X