Kollyfornia.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Kollyfornia.
      Is Kollyfornia a suburb of Boca?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Is Kollyfornia a suburb of Boca?
        Come see the sunny beaches of the Mighty Mon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Come see the sunny beaches of the Mighty Mon!!!

My yearly trip to the Mon Valley is usually in January or February ... when it's far from sunny.

I do make the every-other-year trip to see IUP find a way to lose at Adamson. IUP Football has had two streaks at Adamson. The former they won about 25 games in a row. The latter, well, it's been a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Hey, Ship was picked to finish fifth in the division in the coach's preseason poll. Nobody expected us to be the next great thing. We're coming back from a 4-7 season in 2019, have two seniors as opposed to 14 freshmen and sophomores on our defensive two-deep, and Mac obviously has some coaching and recruiting work to do. I posted prior to the Shepherd game that Bagent might hang 50 on Ship if things went south. West Chester might or might not beat us. They certainly didn't overwhelm Edinboro and Bloomsburg. Kutztown up there will be a tough game. No need to resort to name-calling, and anyway, it's "you're a bozo," not "your a bozo."

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Kollyfornia.

Comment

I will agree the Kutztown game would be a big stretch. Although comparative scores can be misleading, the fact that they knocked off a Shepherd team that murdered Ship doesn't bode well for Ship's trip to Kutztown. As far as the preseason polls, the point was that nobody was picking Ship to win anything this season (and I wouldn't have, judging by the last full season). It was tough to know what was going to happen this year as the rosters had changed significantly since the PSAC last played. Two guys who were starters for Ship a couple of years ago played against us at Shepherd, and former Clarion player Kyle Evans was one of the players who helped our offense beat on Clarion when we played them. It's a weird year. Basketball should be interesting as well.

Comment

I will agree the Kutztown game would be a big stretch. Although comparative scores can be misleading, the fact that they knocked off a Shepherd team that murdered Ship doesn't bode well for Ship's trip to Kutztown. As far as the preseason polls, the point was that nobody was picking Ship to win anything this season (and I wouldn't have, judging by the last full season). It was tough to know what was going to happen this year as the rosters had changed significantly since the PSAC last played. Two guys who were starters for Ship a couple of years ago played against us at Shepherd, and former Clarion player Kyle Evans was one of the players who helped our offense beat on Clarion when we played them. It's a weird year. Basketball should be interesting as well.
                  The normal top teams in basketball should remain the top teams. From those with posted rosters, it looks like said teams did a great job keeping their rosters together. But, we can dive in to that on the other side.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
                    Just scoping out the Super Region 1 landscape, my stab a a regional rankings that mean nothing at this time:

1. Bentley 5-0- @ New Haven and @ So Co being toughest remaining games, I'd say is the frontrunner to the #1 slot due to the remaining schedule.
                    2. Rock 5-0- IUP, Cal at home and the state game potentially or Shepherd. 3 tough ones, I doubt they win all of them.
                    3. California 5-0- @ IUP, @ Rock, almost looks like 9-2 at the worst? Does an 9-2 Cal team make it over possibly an 8-2 IUP team even if IUP has the head to head?
                    4. Kutztown 4-1-@ West Chester and most likely the state game.
                    5. Charleston 3-1- @ UNCP, already played FSU and ND, so as along as they just show up and play they should beat everyone left. Strong bet to be 9-1
                    6. Notre Dame 4-1- FSU, @ UNCP- if they lose to FSU you could probably stick a fork in the MEC being a 2 bid league this year. If they win, both Charleston and ND are in probably smooth sailing rest of the way.
                    7. Shepherd 4-1- West Chester, Rock at home possibly. Rams should be 9-2 at worst.
                    8. ODU 4-1- @ Ashland, Findlay, @Tiffin. Even with 1 L there, could be an EA participant for the back couple playoff slots?
                    9. IUP 3-1- @ Rock, Cal and state game. IUP may have to win out or at least get to the state game to get in.

Ship 4-1, West Chester 4-1, New Haven 3-1- I'd project additional losses by all of these. Don't know a ton about NH but WC and Ship have probably been the least impressive with good records so far but tougher schedules to end the year.
                    I wouldn't 100% rule East Stroudsburg (3-2) out, and they definitely could function as a spoiler. They'd have a chance at the playoffs if they run the table, which would include wins against West Chester (road), Shippensburg (home), and Shepherd (road). I doubt ESU wins all three of those games, but I DO think the Warriors win at least one of those games.

One more, related data point - the Warriors were much more competitive at Kutztown (lost 21-14, tight game throughout, very even game based on the stats) than they were at Slippery Rock (lost 22-7, the Rock was definitely the better team when looking at the stats).

Comment

Yeah covid definitely made everything interesting by not having a season last year for both sports.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

I wouldn't 100% rule East Stroudsburg (3-2) out, and they definitely could function as a spoiler. They'd have a chance at the playoffs if they run the table, which would include wins against West Chester (road), Shippensburg (home), and Shepherd (road). I doubt ESU wins all three of those games, but I DO think the Warriors win at least one of those games.

One more, related data point - the Warriors were much more competitive at Kutztown (lost 21-14, tight game throughout, very even game based on the stats) than they were at Slippery Rock (lost 22-7, the Rock was definitely the better team when looking at the stats).
                        Last edited by Big Hawk15; 10-06-2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

I'm still confounded by looking at scores such as 21-14 and 22-7 for East Stroudsburg games. For years Stroud was the epitome of the good offense-no defense team. Obviously they've made a vast improvement defensively, something that needs to happen at Ship. Their offense probably will look better when they're not playing Kutztown and Slippery Rock. I'm definitely worried about that game for Ship, especially since its away (as all of Ship's harder games except for WCU are this season).

Comment

I'm still confounded by looking at scores such as 21-14 and 22-7 for East Stroudsburg games. For years Stroud was the epitome of the good offense-no defense team. Obviously they've made a vast improvement defensively, something that needs to happen at Ship. Their offense probably will look better when they're not playing Kutztown and Slippery Rock. I'm definitely worried about that game for Ship, especially since its away (as all of Ship's harder games except for WCU are this season).
                            I agree, East Stroudsburg looks to have made tremendous improvements on defense. Shepherd and ESU combined for 110 pts in 2019 and over 1,100 yds of offense as well. Now it appears to be a strength vs strength game with how their D has performed thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I agree, East Stroudsburg looks to have made tremendous improvements on defense. Shepherd and ESU combined for 110 pts in 2019 and over 1,100 yds of offense as well. Now it appears to be a strength vs strength game with how their D has performed thus far.
                              I was at that game, which was actually the Olympics disguised as a football game. Both teams had 75 yard touchdown drives in the first minute of the game, and Shepherd beat East Stroudsburg 76-34. It was the second-highest scoring college football game I've ever attended (just behind a 65-47 Penn win over Lehigh in DI-AA/FCS in 2017).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X