Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D2 Rankings

Originally posted by IUP Ebbs View Post
    If the rumored player does in fact turn out to be Irvin Charles, I fail to see the excitement.

Charles career stats at PSU are

Receiving
    Year.....Class...Pos......Games.....Rec....Yds.... Avg...TD
    *2015...FR.....WR......0 games............No stats
    *2016...FR.....WR......7 games....2.....106....53.0....1
    *2017...SO.....WR......5 games....1........4......4.0....0
    Penn State Career 3 games....110...36.7....1

Kick Ret
    Year......Class...Pos...G...Ret...Yds.....Avg
    *2015...FR......WR.........No Stats......
    *2016...FR......WR...7.....1...11.......11.0
    *2017...SO......WR...5.....0....0.........0
    Penn State Career 1 11 11.0

Yup, he is a tall WR, but has little on-field production to become excited about.

Transferring to IUP certainly is a head scratcher too. Why?

Where was he during the 2018 season? Why no football?

Don't let the big name school influence your views, or over value the talent added. This is a mid-sized fish moving from a large ocean to a small pond.

I am more excited about JoJo than Irvin. Now, If IUP were to land a short yardage RB or Offensive / Defensive Linemen via transfer, then I would be more excited. Maybe.

Comment

Everyone was worried ab the WRs now everyone just needs to let the chips fall into place...

Comment

Originally posted by Iupcheerleader88 View Post
        Everyone was worried ab the WRs now everyone just needs to let the chips fall into place...
        We shall see come Week One. I am not going to crown them, not with roughly days before fall camp as well as avoiding injuries as well as actually jelling during camp. I wish them nothing but success, but I rather wait and see come Week One.

Comment

He might be a really good player, but I have seen all conference players at BCS schools end up at D2 schools and claim they would dominate, only to just be anywhere from productive to total busts.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            He might be a really good player, but I have seen all conference players at BCS schools end up at D2 schools and claim they would dominate, only to just be anywhere from productive to total busts.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
              We shall see come Week One. I am not going to crown them, not with roughly days before fall camp as well as avoiding injuries as well as actually jelling during camp. I wish them nothing but success, but I rather wait and see come Week One.
              Agreed let the chips fall into place.

Comment

Max Redfield was a good player, not quite as good as mcphatter but definitely solid

Comment

Originally posted by PSACHomer2.0 View Post
                  Max Redfield was a good player, not quite as good as mcphatter but definitely solid
                  Reidfield is 100 times better than mcphatter, are you stupid Reidfield destroyed at ND and destroyed in the psac, you outta be ashamed of your self!! MOVE BACK IN WITH YOUR MOTHER!!! YOU ARE SILLY!!

Comment

Reidfield is 100 times better than mcphatter, are you stupid Reidfield destroyed at ND and destroyed in the psac, you outta be ashamed of your self!! MOVE BACK IN WITH YOUR MOTHER!!! YOU ARE SILLY!!
                    Knock it off or you're gone.

Comment

Knock it off or you're gone.

Comment

I noticed this mindset a long time ago.

Pitt State used to run the ball all the time. Northwest was balanced.

A running back committed to Northwest. The comment from a Pitt State fan was:

"Why would he choose Northwest when Pitt runs the ball all the time?"

A wide receiver committed to Northwest. The comment from a Pitt State fan was:

"Why would he choose Northwest when he could be the feature receiver here?"

So basically, people can figure out a reason why their team is a better choice than your team.

Why did this player choose IUP? Who knows? Maybe they are going to throw more? Maybe he was promised playing time? Maybe he was given a large scholarship? There are many possibilities.
                        Your right you never know what happens behind closed doors, maybe iup will pass the ball more this year.

Comment

Honestly I don't care that you disagree with anyone or even me. Fight like hell for your opinion. I have as filthy a mouth as anyone (something I try to work on) and "idiot" is not a bad word or anything, but it starts there and get progressively worse. That's fine for most, even including me, but it will drive folks away. It's the same thing as board veterans giving **** to new posters because they don't know the ins and outs of this board, causing them to leave. It's stuff I have to watch or eventually it will just be me posting messages to myself. ;)

Comment

Your right you never know what happens behind closed doors, maybe iup will pass the ball more this year.
                            They should with Maxwell.

Comment

In order for the running game to have the near success it had during the 2017 season, they must be MUCH BETTER at passing the ball. I believe their goal is to pass a bit more to open up the running game. We shall see if the transfer QB can help fix the passing game.
                              Last edited by ShoNuff; 08-09-2019, 10:34 PM.

Comment

CAn you back that up with anything other than your opinion?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X