Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D2 Rankings

Red field and Aamir Dew were rusty and left for dead, they turned out fine...
    Just sayin

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      I totally get what you're saying, and I pretty much agree.

But let's remember that Charles already showed big-play ability in P5 action. He turned the '17 Nebraska game around with an 80-yard TD catch.
      An 80 yard TD catch against Nebraska sounds more impressive than what happened on that play. Watch the play in the link below. If anything, the play was not defended well by the DB from Nebraska.

https://www.roarlionsroar.com/penn-s...e-within-three

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
        An 80 yard TD catch against Nebraska sounds more impressive than what happened on that play. Watch the play in the link below. If anything, the play was not defended well by the DB from Nebraska.

https://www.roarlionsroar.com/penn-s...e-within-three
        You got it in seconds before me posting the same link. That's the play I was thinking of, against Minnesota.

Comment

Question becomes why is he coming to IUP?

He already missed last year so he could have went to another D1 or 1-AA.

I'm glad he is (allegedly) but I question why he didn't have more attractive offers.

Comment

Perhaps, but I can think of several who have made the move from getting some run at PSU back to the PSAC. Anthony Cleary and Cole Chiapparelle jump to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
              Red field and Aamir Dew were rusty and left for dead, they turned out fine...
              Just sayin
              I don't know how well Aamir Dew played at University of Pitt before heading to IUP. However, I do know Max Redfield was a 2 year starter, 2nd in tackles his Soph year and 4th in tackles his Junior year before his issues at Notre Dame. So it was easy to predict that Max would fare well.

I just hope whomever it is that is coming to IUP plays lights out, bottom line...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'm glad he is (allegedly) but I question why he didn't have more attractive offers.
                Just like I question why an All Super Regional One awardee was basically told, "You are not a FCS scholarship athlete". That STILL got me scratching my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                  I don't know how well Aamir Dew played at University of Pitt before heading to IUP. However, I do know Max Redfield was a 2 year starter, 2nd in tackles his Soph year and 4th in tackles his Junior year before his issues at Notre Dame. So it was easy to predict that Max would fare well.

I just hope whomever it is that is coming to IUP plays lights out, bottom line...
                  Dew was clobbered by injuries at Pitt. He was a big recruit for the Panthers. His career there just never really got started.

Comment

Dew was clobbered by injuries at Pitt. He was a big recruit for the Panthers. His career there just never really got started.
                    Was also in Walt Harris Dawg House...fact

Comment

Comment

That's just the nature of the beast. When you get a Penn State guy down here ... who looks like freaking Megatron ... the hype is going to follow.

That said, you're right. It means nothing until they perform.
                        For every Amir Dew and Max we've got here there's been lists full of hyped up transfers who were average at best.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post
                          why did this have to be such a secret?
                          If a student has applied to a university and has not registered yer it is a Ferpa violation to Publicize the application activity (if you are a university employee). Somewhere along the way someone who gives up the name, has violated this - does it matter ? Never know, some player gets offended that we are talking about his record. Some one at the university gets mad at you and is just looking for someone. Then there is the other case of someone talking to more than one school, say IUPO and Rock, and the IUP posters say things that get back to possible transfer and send him off to SRU.
                          Yes, these are along longshot reasons - but then add that it is more interesting conversation to mindlessly speculate.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                            If a student has applied to a university and has not registered yer it is a Ferpa violation to Publicize the application activity (if you are a university employee). Somewhere along the way someone who gives up the name, has violated this - does it matter ? Never know, some player gets offended that we are talking about his record. Some one at the university gets mad at you and is just looking for someone. Then there is the other case of someone talking to more than one school, say IUPO and Rock, and the IUP posters say things that get back to possible transfer and send him off to SRU.
                            Yes, these are along longshot reasons - but then add that it is more interesting conversation to mindlessly speculate.
                            Money is also thin this time of the year. Once the name leaks who knows if SRU or Cal, etc., could come in with a bigger offer.

I still have no idea why he'd want to come down to D2 -- especially since he already sat out last season and could transfer to another D1 and not sit out. Surely there would be tons of teams interested in a PSU cast-off. He's coming down here for a reason -- it's doubtful he's a big Jimmy Stewart fan.

Comment

I'm not criticizing anyone - but for those who remember, there were a few Cal recruiting classes full of former 3 and 4 star recruits who transferred down. Cal still had to grind out wins. Portis and Lalich had excellent marks as high school recruits but they certainly didn't dominate the way some may think they would in a middle of the road D2 conference. Recruiting is much easier now for the big boys. Decades ago it was based on who the coaches knew. Edinboro had a Parade All American fall into their lap because coaches knew each other. Now a recruiting coordinator watches video of Joe Schmo lighting it up at Lower BFE Junior College and is arranging a campus visit days later regardless of who knows who.

I'm much more a fan of the graduate transfer - its most likely that the player has contributed for multiple seasons, showed that they can hack it to earn a degree, and should be far more mature than the FBS walk-on or MAC player who got passed up by a new recruit.

Comment

Could be grades

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X