Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal at IUP

Because not that long ago this was the game of the year ...

Personally, I went to IUP when this was an after-thought game. But, that obviously changed during the Angelo era.

Well, this is a big game. IUP wins, and they have a solid shot playing in the PSAC Championship Game. Just wonder will IUP bring the same energy/attitude on the field come Saturday.....

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
      Well, this is a big game. IUP wins, and they have a solid shot playing in the PSAC Championship Game. Just wonder will IUP bring the same energy/attitude on the field come Saturday.....
      I would say ... probably ... no.

It's very hard to bring that two weeks in a row.

However ... this team dicked around for the first 1.5 months. So ... maybe they realize they've hit their stride and it gets contagious.

Morale is a dangerous thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
        I don't see them maintaining that level of energy for the 2nd straight week. Not sure if you can. However, now I think is the point where leadership comes into play. And I think they have some strong leadership right now.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I don't see them maintaining that level of energy for the 2nd straight week. Not sure if you can. However, now I think is the point where leadership comes into play. And I think they have some strong leadership right now.
          Seeing it live ... that was the most jacked up IUP team since the late 90s.

Thank Chad Kuhn, I suppose.

#handsomely should be the damn logo going forward.

Hey ... whatever it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Because not that long ago this was the game of the year ...

Personally, I went to IUP when this was an after-thought game. But, that obviously changed during the Angelo era.

Comment

Serious question ... did you have a mullet?

Comment

Serious question ... did you have a mullet?

Comment

Lol quite the time in history. They are actually making a comeback.

Comment

Lol quite the time in history. They are actually making a comeback.

Comment

Some interesting historical items:

* Starting in 1985, IUP reeled off 17 straight wins in the series

* California then won 7 of the next 8 meetings -- including 6 in a row -- during the Angelo era

* The last (8) meetings are split 4 to 4

* IUP has not scored in the 30s (or above) in this series since 2004 ... that's amazing.

* Of late, Miller Stadium has not been kind to the California offense. During the Vulcans' last four trips to Indiana, Cal has scored just 6, 10, 15 and 7 points.

* Conversely, Adamson Stadium has been a house of horror for IUP. The Crimson Hawks last won there in 2006, and, including playoffs, have lost (8) straight games in California (including some very dramatic endings).

Comment

I would say ... probably ... no.

It's very hard to bring that two weeks in a row.

However ... this team dicked around for the first 1.5 months. So ... maybe they realize they've hit their stride and it gets contagious.

Morale is a dangerous thing.
                        Yeah, there were alot of questions after the Shep game, and the Gannon game. I suppose they got the confidence back, but sometimes things just click, and I think that may have happened for the young DBs - They're going to have to play good this again this week though, or they will be on the bubble.

But somehow, I wonder if Cal is a complete team this year, they seem like a QB and two receivers better than East Stroudsburg from looking at their games.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Yeah, there were alot of questions after the Shep game, and the Gannon game. I suppose they got the confidence back, but sometimes things just click, and I think that may have happened for the young DBs - They're going to have to play good this again this week though, or they will be on the bubble.

But somehow, I wonder if Cal is a complete team this year, they seem like a QB and two receivers better than East Stroudsburg from looking at their games.
                          Always hard to say as they've played basically all bad teams. But, their defense appears very good.

Comment

Some interesting historical items:

* Starting in 1985, IUP reeled off 17 straight wins in the series

* California then won 7 of the next 8 meetings -- including 6 in a row -- during the Angelo era

* The last (8) meetings are split 4 to 4

* IUP has not scored in the 30s (or above) in this series since 2004 ... that's amazing.

* Of late, Miller Stadium has not been kind to the California offense. During the Vulcans' last four trips to Indiana, Cal has scored just 6, 10, 15 and 7 points.

* Conversely, Adamson Stadium has been a house of horror for IUP. The Crimson Hawks last won there in 2006, and, including playoffs, have lost (8) straight games in California (including some very dramatic endings).
                            I think IUP is missing some data in the football history. My memory may be off, I was a freshman in 02 and I'm next to positive IUP beat CAL at home 20-3 for homecoming, I remember sitting on the visitor side listening to one of Cal's Offensive line pump his chest yelling, "this is our homecoming" after scoring a field goal to take a 3-0 lead on their opening drive. I think the streak reached 20, as I remember chanting 1 for 21 at the Cal Fans celebrating their win in 2005. But it could be confusing it with Shippensburg as I think IUP had a heck of winning streak against them as well while I was at IUP.

Comment

Originally posted by The P in IUP View Post

I think IUP is missing some data in the football history. My memory may be off, I was a freshman in 02 and I'm next to positive IUP beat CAL at home 20-3 for homecoming, I remember sitting on the visitor side listening to one of Cal's Offensive line pump his chest yelling, "this is our homecoming" after scoring a field goal to take a 3-0 lead on their opening drive. I think the streak reached 20, as I remember chanting 1 for 21 at the Cal Fans celebrating their win in 2005. But it could be confusing it with Shippensburg as I think IUP had a heck of winning streak against them as well while I was at IUP.
                              The '02 game may have been the game Cal came in with star RB Wesley Cates (who I think was leading the country in rushing). IUP blasted them (and him).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X