Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    I was talking about NW Misery and Grand Valley..schools in other states fully fund these programs with state funding.
    I don't know if they "fund" their scholarships or if they can discount. But both programs also have significantly more revenue coming in. A new home side at Miller Stadium that offers chair seating instead of bleachers would generate more revenue. Indoor box seating would be huge. 1 or 2 leasable boxes would probably do well at IUP. Upgrading the experience with a focus on revenue is what the KCAC really did. Miller Stadium is to football what Memorial was to basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Only if Cal loses to Seton Hill first. If Cal beats Seton Hill this week, IUP is eliminated from the PSAC West race.
      Mic drop by Matt!!! We all seem to have assumed that the Cal v SRU game would be THE chance at a stumble by Cal which would keep them out of the State game when actually, that game would not even occur if Cal beats Seton Hill this weekend. The odds of Cal losing to Seton Hill are MUCH smaller than the odds of them losing to SRU.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Mic drop by Matt!!! We all seem to have assumed that the Cal v SRU game would be THE chance at a stumble by Cal which would keep them out of the State game when actually, that game would not even occur if Cal beats Seton Hill this weekend. The odds of Cal losing to Seton Hill are MUCH smaller than the odds of them losing to SRU.
        HUH? Cal vs SRU is a regular season game. It is happening either way.

Comment

• I didn't read the information I was given deep enough. The policy was adopted by the league in 2008 during the H1N1 outbreak. It was updated in the spring of 2020. It was emailed to coaches and administrators on September 13 as a reminder.
          http://www.indianagazette.com
          www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

HUH? Cal vs SRU is a regular season game. It is happening either way.
            DOH...Misread the schedule! For some reason I saw the Ca/ v SRU game as the last of the season vice the week BEFORE the last game. You are right.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

DOH...Misread the schedule! For some reason I saw the Ca/ v SRU game as the last of the season vice the week BEFORE the last game. You are right.
              Why did this sinking ship butt in???

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Why did this sinking ship butt in???
                Because he hates IUP mostly because of basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I don't know if [Northwest Missouri or Grand Valley] "fund" their scholarships or if they can discount. But both programs also have significantly more revenue coming in. A new home side at Miller Stadium that offers chair seating instead of bleachers would generate more revenue. Indoor box seating would be huge. 1 or 2 leasable boxes would probably do well at IUP. Upgrading the experience with a focus on revenue is what the KCAC really did. Miller Stadium is to football what Memorial was to basketball.
                  My understanding is that Missouri schools can use state funding towards athletic scholarships (it's been a few years since I heard that, so don't quote me on it). Not sure about Michigan, but the Grand Valley brand is so strong in Michigan (GV has a state-wide radio network, much like Michigan and Mich. State), it probably reduces the reliance on state funding (if that in fact exists).

Cal has "indoor box" seating at Adamson Stadium, but IUP might be the only other PSAC school which can pull that off (maybe West Chester could as well).
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

My understanding is that Missouri schools can use state funding towards athletic scholarships (it's been a few years since I heard that, so don't quote me on it). Not sure about Michigan, but the Grand Valley brand is so strong in Michigan (GV has a state-wide radio network, much like Michigan and Mich. State), it probably reduces the reliance on state funding (if that in fact exists).

Cal has "indoor box" seating at Adamson Stadium, but IUP might be the only other PSAC school which can pull that off (maybe West Chester could as well).
                    Schools in Missouri can use state funds for athletics.

Grand Valley is (one of) the least subsidized schools in Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Some schools get direct athletic funding from their state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Schools in Missouri can use state funds for athletics.

Grand Valley is (one of) the least subsidized schools in Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I don't believe Cal's "indoor box" seating is public though. Its a president's room, right? Edinboro has one of those too but it usually sits empty.

Comment

I don't believe Cal's "indoor box" seating is public though. Its a president's room, right? Edinboro has one of those too but it usually sits empty.

When IUP eventually is forced to replace the home side at Miller Stadium (likely 'forced' to because someone gets seriously injured) ... I wouldn't spend the money on suites. At most, perhaps two (maybe one on each end of the press box).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

When IUP eventually is forced to replace the home side at Miller Stadium (likely 'forced' to because someone gets seriously injured) ... I wouldn't spend the money on suites. At most, perhaps two (maybe one on each end of the press box).
                              That's what I'm thinking. The president should have one to entertain guests plus one more to lease out for the season or by the game.

RMU has a president's box that offers bar-style seating against the glass then an open area above for catering & those who would rather mingle than watch the game. It makes it a lot easier & attractive for the president to be at home games plus you can entertain folks. Edinboro's area has some snacks but its mostly VPs and trustees.

Comment

That's what I'm thinking. The president should have one to entertain guests plus one more to lease out for the season or by the game.

RMU has a president's box that offers bar-style seating against the glass then an open area above for catering & those who would rather mingle than watch the game. It makes it a lot easier & attractive for the president to be at home games plus you can entertain folks. Edinboro's area has some snacks but its mostly VPs and trustees.
                                I actually like what Clarion does. Obviously, it is just one of those nice, large tents, but they put it close to the endzone and make the ambiance nice. It's gated off so it has the feel of being an exclusive little club. I think they call it the President's Group or something.

SRU had the lodge there forever above the visitors side that they used as kind of a VIP venue. It's closed this year due to some structural issues.

The KCAC has either 5 or 6 luxury suites for basketball. They usually are all rented out for the Saturday games. The Wednesday games not so much. The President gets one. S&T has its own. The rest I think anybody can rent.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X