Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, it would be real easy (if so inclined) to run a matrix on the 'revenue sports'. By definition, that's football and men's/women's basketball (although, calling women's basketball a 'revenue' sport at 90 percent of our campuses is quite hilarious).

For purposes of your angle, IUP would have done very well in this 'revenue sports' matrix the past 10 years (obviously the debacle of '23-'24 not withstanding). The year prior IUP won football and men's basketball (Joe was on a four-year streak of PSAC titles).
    I think at this level, any sport that charges admission is a revenue sport, so women's basketball is a revenue sport. There are a few schools where women's basketball might sell more tickets than men's basketball.

While I agree with IUP's scholarship strategy, the Dixon Trophy runs counter to that strategy. It would be like being upset that West Point doesn't fare well in a women's equality measurement when they're 85-90% male.

Comment

• IUP Baseball wins Game 2, 9-8.

Comment

• Game 3 will now be played tomorrow as storms are due in Indiana this afternoon.

Comment

Game 3 will now be played tomorrow as storms are due in Indiana this afternoon.
          For all the marbles. Do we know what time tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

For all the marbles. Do we know what time tomorrow?
            1pm

Comment

• That was a wild game. Goodness.

Comment

• There was a group of us standing there wondering about how long it would be between games when they made the announcement it was being moved to tomorrow. I think that benefits IUP a little. It’s really hard to win two games on the same day and the kid that finished on the hill today will likely start there tomorrow. Should be a good one. Both games decided by one run in the series.

Meanwhile, it’s now almost 3:30 and still no rain in Indiana.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
                  There was a group of us standing there wondering about how long it would be between games when they made the announcement it was being moved to tomorrow. I think that benefits IUP a little. It’s really hard to win two games on the same day and the kid that finished on the hill today will likely start there tomorrow. Should be a good one. Both games decided by one run in the series.

Meanwhile, it’s now almost 3:30 and still no rain in Indiana.
                  Did you get any? Looks like a big line is crossing Central Pennsylvania now…

It was a nice pool day here.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Did you get any? Looks like a big line is crossing Central Pennsylvania now…

It was a nice pool day here.
                    Yes, got absolutely hammered. It didn’t hit until about 4:00 so they could have gotten it in, but if it went extra innings there could have been problems so probably the right call to move it to today.

Comment

• After 5 full, SHU and IUP are tied at 4-4. I would say IUP needs to work on their bunting.

Comment

• IUP up 6-4

Need 6 more outs

Top of 8th

Comment

• After 7, IUP 6 SHU 4.

Comment

• IUP up 7-4

Top of 9th

Need 3 more outs

Comment

• Man of Day

Dirty Birds

Comment

Man of Day

Dirty Birds
                                You beat me to using that phrase! ( I do think it's Man O' Day, though.)

IUP wins the Atlantic Super Regional in Baseball!

Woohoo!
                                Last edited by iupgroundhog; 05-26-2024, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X