Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Scholarship Thread

Read & have at it.
    School Total Full Scholarship Equivalencies Football Scholarship Equivalencies Football Scholarships as % of Men's Basketball Scholarship Equivalencies Basketball Scholarships as % of Men's Football & Basketball Scholarships as % of Men's
    Bloomsburg 38.86 8.98 49.75% 2.67 14.79% 64.54%
    California 51.78 21.18 68.79% 6.25 20.30% 89.09%
    Clarion 57.63 12.3 40.33% 6.56 21.51% 61.84%
    East Stroudsburg 51.27 9.96 37.93% 6.60 25.13% 63.06%
    Edinboro 43.68 8.83 39.23% 3.78 16.73% 55.80%
    Gannon 98.36 25.76 47.08% 7.40 13.53% 60.61%
    IUP 69.32 18.84 61.35% 7.37 24.00% 85.35%
    Kutztown 36.77 8.32 46.72% 4.20 23.58% 70.30%
    Lock Haven 36.61 4.56 25.73% 1.46 8.24% 33.97%
    Mercyhurst 113.25 34.54 34.32% 8.21 8.16% 42.48%
    Millersville 44.33 11.52 53.28% 4.33 20.03% 73.31%
    Seton Hill 72.8 15.31 35.47% 3.78 8.76% 44.23%
    Shepherd 40.4 16.3 67.19% 5.62 23.17% 90.35%
    Shippensburg 56.53 12.07 42.56% 4.91 17.31% 59.87%
    Slippery Rock 54.86 17.23 62.61% 6.60 23.98% 86.59%
    West Chester 50.57 8.33 35.86% 6.36 27.38% 39.47%
    Mansfield 47.80%
    Pitt Johnstown 31.35%

***One thing to point out is that the private schools (Gannon, Mercyhurst, Seton Hill) have far more teams so their % will always be lower.***

FACTS

Comment

These football numbers are awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

***One thing to point out is that the private schools (Gannon, Mercyhurst, Seton Hill) have far more teams so their % will always be lower.***
        Far more than what?

In general, damn IUP rule.

Comment

What is the source of this information? Just curious. If the football numbers are accurate, I can see why Lock Haven is sinking, and the guy at Kutztown is performing miracles.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
            What is the source of this information? Just curious. If the football numbers are accurate, I can see why Lock Haven is sinking, and the guy at Kutztown is performing miracles.
            As always, this is a 'part' of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

As always, this is a 'part' of the story.
              These numbers are 100% WRONG! Wow this is a joke. LMAO!!

Comment

Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

I'm sure these numbers are correct -- for this particular field of measure.

However, as is tradition, they don't tell the whole story.

Why bother reporting them if the actual 'total athletic aid' numbers can't be reported for whatever reason?

It's not even worth listing the privates -- between blue-light-special tuition, etc., who knows what those numbers actually mean. At face value, Mercyhurst Football should want a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post

Complaints can be directed at the PSAC and NCAA.

Also, come right at my face with real information that contradicts this. Not alternative facts. Not what some person told you in the IUP tailgate lot. Not what you remember from attending IUP years ago.
                  Last edited by Fightingscot82; 10-21-2022, 07:16 AM.

Comment

I thought Curt had upped IUP's into the mid 20's?

Mon Valley U is going to have to share that foosball money with it's two lesser siblings. It's going to happen.

Comment

I'm sure these numbers are correct -- for this particular field of measure.

However, as is tradition, they don't tell the whole story.

Why bother reporting them if the actual 'total athletic aid' numbers can't be reported for whatever reason?

It's not even worth listing the privates -- between blue-light-special tuition, etc., who knows what those numbers actually mean. At face value, Mercyhurst Football should want a refund.
                      Athletic aid is athletic aid. The parts not measured are things athletics doesn't totally control like employee tuition waivers, academic scholarships, etc. The gray area I assume you're alluding to are fee waivers and tuition reduction waivers (ex: SRU has a program that lowers out of state tuition if you have a 3.0 GPA). My only issue with fee waivers is WHO is offering them - financial aid or the coach? If its the coach deciding who gets them, then it should be counted as athletic aid. If its a need-based program the financial aid office runs, then it shouldn't count.

Also, A LOT of kids playing PSAC football qualify for government need-based grants (Pell, PHEAA, WV State Higher Ed Grant). In PA, if a player's family makes under $50k and the kid files a FAFSA, he gets $6,895 from the feds and $4,254 from Pennsylvania or $3,200 from WV if they're a WV resident attending Shepherd. That's on top of football money and anything else.

So yeah, this chart doesn't show ALL the money the player is getting. Just what football controls.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                        I thought Curt had upped IUP's into the mid 20's?

Mon Valley U is going to have to share that foosball money with it's two lesser siblings. It's going to happen.

He did ... but, that was years ago. As we've discussed for years and years, IUP's core fan base is getting older by the day. Many have died off over the past several years. With them went their yearly donations. So, it's extremely important they start to get the next generation of donors writing checks.

I'd like to really see them put a lot more hype behind annual events like 'Day of Giving', etc. I'd just love to see what Tort could get done with 28-30 equivalencies.

Comment

He did ... but, that was years ago. As we've discussed for years and years, IUP's core fan base is getting older by the day. Many have died off over the past several years. With them went their yearly donations. So, it's extremely important they start to get the next generation of donors writing checks.

I'd like to really see them put a lot more hype behind annual events like 'Day of Giving', etc. I'd just love to see what Tort could get done with 28-30 equivalencies.
                          I think some of it is also some locals shifting funds to basketball due to the KCAC engagement opportunities. There's no incentive for S&T or First Commonwealth to make a huge annual donation to IUP Football like there is with basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think some of it is also some locals shifting funds to basketball due to the KCAC engagement opportunities. There's no incentive for S&T or First Commonwealth to make a huge annual donation to IUP Football like there is with basketball.
                            I'm one of them. Of course, I'm a big basketball person. Not going to lie ...Tort's team turned me off a bit the past couple years with some of the antics and sideline behavior. Although, it appears he got that cleaned up. This team carries itself very similar to the 2017 team. The knuckleheads are all gone.

Joe allegedly has one of his superstars on academic money. So, his listed (almost) 8 equivalencies is at least 9 in reality. The basketball cap is 10. He's also going to open this year No. 2 in the country in several Top 25 polls after reaching the Final Four last year. Joe's program also has a dramatically younger following than football.

Comment

I enthusiastically donate enough to belong to our school's athletic club, but I hope all the PASSHE alums on this board are also giving to their schools' endowment and academic scholarship funds as much as they are able. With state funds dwindling, our schools need more money to dole out scholarships and financial aid. It was one thing having endowments about a tenth of small private colleges when the state was providing more than 60 percent of PASSHE budgets. It's quite another thing when state support is 25 percent of the budget or less.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X