Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Valley and Ferris were the two best teams! They played twice and split. Ferris win at the right time.

Comment

The State of Meatchicken hands money to Grand Valley and Ferris Bueller State to full fund their program.

The only way we compete is if Harrisburg starts funding our sports programs to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post
        Today was another lesson in SR 1 has absolutely no chance to compete for a national title. Ferris is just playing a different game with far superior talent. How many teams in the GLIAC could have won the PSAC? Probably the top four. If anyone believes that SR 1 champion is one of the best eight teams in the country, they’re only kidding themselves. To make matters worse, I think the gap is widening. This region is competing against programs with more money, better facilities, and more fertile recruiting ground, and all of that is a big reason they get the best transfers (even from Power 5 schools). That’s not an excuse. It’s the reality.

Mines dismantled Shepherd and then turned around and couldn’t even get a first down in the first half against Ferris. The only thing that kept it under 50 points was a few self-inflicted wounds. Every player on Ferris looked like an NFL prospect. Obviously they’re not, but they looked the part. I think that team would win a lot of FCS games. On top of the talent, they have an outstanding coaching staff. I had a chance to meet and talk with Tony Annese a couple years ago. He’s a brilliant guy and he has one of the most sophisticated offenses at any level. Someone commented earlier that it’s surprising he hasn’t moved on. I agree, but he is a little older and may just be satisfied living and working where he is.
        IUP and Shepherd combined would lose to Ferris. Think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Truth

Comment

Yeah neither has 26 year old players.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
              The State of Meatchicken hands money to Grand Valley and Ferris Bueller State to full fund their program.
              GVSU has the lowest funding in the state on a per-student basis of all public schools.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk

I can’t come up with a reasonable argument.

I watched the Stag Bowl last night. I always wonder how the best few teams in DIII would compete with PSAC teams. I think they could win a few games against the lower to mid tier, but would get blown out by the better teams. I’m probably not paying close enough attention, but are there recent examples of DII vs DIII teams in football?
                Millersville lost to Ursinus back in 2015. Debatable whether that’s really recent enough to matter.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk

I can’t come up with a reasonable argument.

I watched the Stag Bowl last night. I always wonder how the best few teams in DIII would compete with PSAC teams. I think they could win a few games against the lower to mid tier, but would get blown out by the better teams. I’m probably not paying close enough attention, but are there recent examples of DII vs DIII teams in football?
                  For what it's worth, the GLIAC played a couple D3 schools this year.

Michigan Tech (4-7) beat D3 Wisconsin-Platteville (5-5), 23-13.

Northern Michigan (4-7) beat D3 Wisconsin-Oshkosh (6-4), 13-10.

Wayne State (1-9) lost to D3 Wisconsin-La Crosse (9-2), 28-21.

Some other D2 vs D3 scores this year:

Virginia-Wise (2-9) beat D3 Ferrum (1-9), 41-9.

Shorter (3-8) beat D3 Brevard (5-5), 45-6.

Texas A&M Kingsville (7-5) beat D3 Sul Ross (4-6), 35-14.
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

GVSU has the lowest funding in the state on a per-student basis of all public schools.
                    They pay for all of your foosball scholarships. IUP has to fund raise every cent.

Comment

Yeah neither has 26 year old players.
                      If you're 26 and still playing in the bus leagues that's a whole different discussion. Lol

Comment

If you're 26 and still playing in the bus leagues that's a whole different discussion. Lol
                        In recent years I can think of 2 players at Bloom who came to college after serving in the military. They were the older types, just playing some ball. After World War ll many the the footballers were older returning vets, not these snot nosed spoiled brats spending 8 years in college drinking beer and checking their status on the portal.

Comment

I wonder how much of the Covid extensions has bolstered some of the top programs the past two seasons....that's going to thin out soon enough.

Comment

I wonder how much of the Covid extensions has bolstered some of the top programs the past two seasons....that's going to thin out soon enough.
                            Make an all-star team of Shep, IUP and SRU ... and that's the level we'd need to be to beat Ferris.

What I saw today would beat IUP, Shep or SRU by 40-50 points. Routinely.

Comment

Make an all-star team of Shep, IUP and SRU ... and that's the level we'd need to be to beat Ferris.

What I saw today would beat IUP, Shep or SRU by 40-50 points. Routinely.
                              Meatchicken doesn't have FCS schools. If you are a kid that may just sit on the bench at a Directional MAC school ...why would you go there and not play at the D2 schools like Ferris and GV and get to start and win. I can't imagine anyone wanting to play foosball at a MAC school.

If you are a kid in PA...are you going to West Chester or take your chances at Villanova or Delaware? Pee Sack teams get the leftovers from the WPIAL.

The fan boys of the Upper GLIAC teams and the MIAA don't seem to take in the whole picture.

State Funding For All Scholarships + Minimal Competition for good players in the region = D2 Dominance.

If Harrisburg handed IUP the difference in schollie money it lacks and we ditched half of the FCS schools and Fake D1 Poser Schools in the Northeast...yeah...we'd be pretty potent too. If this was a foot race between IUP and Ferris based on the money they get and the regional competition for players...Ferris would have like a 10 minute head start and IUP has to run like **** to catch up and they never will....

The big boys really are FCS teams in D2 clothing. Looking at the D2 landscape...there are vastly more teams like IUP than there are Ferris. I don't buy the nonsense that the bad teams in the "better" conferences would eat us all alive. Ashland was the GLIAC champion in 2017...who beat them in the first week. Then beat them again the next year on their Taj Mahal field (and then beat them again this year).
                              Last edited by IUPNation; 12-17-2022, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Meatchicken doesn't have FCS schools. If you are a kid that may just sit on the bench at a Direction MAC school ...why would you go there and not play at the D2 schools like Ferris and GV and get to start and win.

If you are a kid in PA...are you going to West Chester or take your chances at Villanova or Delaware?

The fan boys of the Upper GLIAC teams and the MIAA don't seem to take in the whole picture.

State Funding For All Scholarships + Minimal Competition for good players in the region = D2 Dominance.

If Harrisburg handed IUP the difference in schollie money it lacks and we ditched half of the FCS schools and Fake D1 Poser Schools in the Northeast...yeah...we'd be pretty potent too.
                                I get it. I'm just saying that's the difference.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X