Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I get it. I'm just saying that's the difference.
    I updated my post by saying that the vast majority of foosball playing schools in D2 are closer to IUP in competitiveness than they are to Ferris/GV/NW/Valdosta/West Florida. Those schools are FCS teams in D2 clothing. I imagine most schools in D2 are not funding close to the max.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I updated my post by saying that the vast majority of foosball playing schools in D2 are closer to IUP in competitiveness than they are to Ferris/GV/NW/Valdosta/West Florida. Those schools are FCS teams in D2 clothing. I imagine most schools in D2 are not funding close to the max.
      And, of course, we are on the Ferris end of this in basketball. I've seen 1,000 teams die before the first tip in the KCAC.

Comment

And, of course, we are on the Ferris end of this in basketball. I've seen 1,000 teams die before the first tip in the KCAC.
        One day I will get out there for a basketball game in the KCAC. it's the whole snow thing that keeps me from coming out in the winter.

Comment

One day I will get out there for a basketball game in the KCAC. it's the whole snow thing that keeps me from coming out in the winter.
          When you finally come, I will personally arrange Nap's for the victory party. My treat.

Comment

The only men's sports at GV that are fully funded for scholarships are football and basketball. Every other men's sport is operating below the maximum due to not enough money. But football gets the most press, so if your school can't offer the full allotment of scholarships in every sport, they damn well better make sure football is the one they fully fund, or else they're just bad at their job.
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

When you finally come, I will personally arrange Nap's for the victory party. My treat.
              YES!!!

I'm hoping the Pee Sack Tournament will be close enough this year for me to go....since the East will host. I'm hoping Walk On U wins the East but I guess ESU is the big east team so far...

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

The only men's sports at GV that are fully funded for scholarships are football and basketball. Every other men's sport is operating below the maximum due to not enough money. But football gets the most press, so if your school can't offer the full allotment of scholarships in every sport, they damn well better make sure football is the one they fully fund, or else they're just bad at their job.
                Check the basketball rankings...and look at IUP the last 10 years...then look at the arena. Grand Valley has a nice gym. IUP has a very nice arena.

Basketball has taken the lead at IUP as the marquee sport.

Comment

Check the basketball rankings...and look at IUP the last 10 years...then look at the arena. Grand Valley has a nice gym. IUP has a very nice arena.

Remember like 5 years ago when I said IUP was a basketball school and got jumped on here?

There's a reason Joe makes $55k more a year than Tort.

Just sayin'

Until Joe retires, he's the man at IUP.

Comment

I never said anything about that. But being good at D2 basketball doesn't get you nearly the same amount of publicity as being good at D2 football. That's a fact. NW Missouri basketball has been the best in the country for what, a decade now? And it still doesn't get nearly the publicity as NW Missouri's football team who hasn't won anything in the same time frame.

Also, GV absolutely does not have a nice gym. It is not even a good high school gym.
                    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

I never said anything about that. But being good at D2 basketball doesn't get you nearly the same amount of publicity as being good at D2 football. That's a fact. NW Missouri basketball has been the best in the country for what, a decade now? And it still doesn't get nearly the publicity as NW Missouri's football team who hasn't won anything in the same time frame.

Also, GV absolutely does not have a nice gym. It is not even a good high school gym.
                      There is no publicity of D2 sports. Nobody outside of this board cares.

The common perception (outside of this board) is this is glorified high school. We know that's not true, but the general public could care less about D2.

Comment

So basically IUP has decided to hitch their wagon to hoops instead of the turf. If that trend was reversed, would IUP have the money to be a fully funded D2 football program?

Comment

Remember like 5 years ago when I said IUP was a basketball school and got jumped on here?

There's a reason Joe makes $55k more a year than Tort.

Just sayin'

Until Joe retires, he's the man at IUP.
                          I distinctly remember taking your side. I may have been the only one but I had your back, LOL.

IUP is a great basketball school with a better than average football program. It’s not a bad deal really. It could be a great cross country school with a better than average softball team.

Comment

Especially in the cases of GVSU and Ferris, those are really FCS programs that compete in D2. Michigan has no FCS teams, so the talent that can't hack it in FBS (or doesn't want to go to an anonymous directional school) gets funneled down to D2. Geography and inertia are the only things keeping Ferris and GVSU at this level.

Comment

GVSU has the lowest funding in the state on a per-student basis of all public schools.
                              So GVSU has the lowest funding per student but then you say GVSU is fully funded for football. Where are you going with all your lines of BS?

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

So basically IUP has decided to hitch their wagon to hoops instead of the turf. If that trend was reversed, would IUP have the money to be a fully funded D2 football program?
                                Your answer is no! Coach Lombardi has developed a huge following of independent donors. Tort, not so much!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X