Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
    It seems that there are a lot of people who share blame for this oversight.
    Yes but it doesn’t play into the sad East Dennyburg agenda…

Comment

After this #LIT-AF series, they'll have played 50 games. Game 51 is forfeited.

Rules are rules. Playing 51 games instead of 50 is apparently a real b!itch. LOL.

It's actually amazing they got that many games in.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
        Notice how the sanctions help the commissioners alma mater with a forfeit win as they are on the cusp of the last two playoff spots.
        Sure, blame everyone except ... wait for it ... the folks at MFH responsible for oversight and scheduling for IUP's baseball team. This is why a lot of your otherwise valid points aren't taken too seriously.

Someone within the IUP program was responsible for scheduling that 51st game, not the Commissioner or someone in the Home Office in Lock Haven. This is IUP's fault and they need to own it.

Now, if you want to make the argument that the game vs D3 Mount Aloysius should've been counted as an exhibition instead of a countable regular season game (much like in college basketball, a game between a D1 and D2 counts only as an exhibition for both teams, unless I'm misremembering), then maybe I could see that point. But, it is what it is and IUP has to own this mistake and be thankful that the sanctions weren't as extreme as, say, postseason ineligibility.

He waited until now to sanction? Totally Shady AF. I guess he wasn’t keeping track until it benefits his alma mater.

Just another day of IUP being ****ed over by Steve Murray.
        A little context. With the forfeit factored in, these would be standings in the PSAC West; Seton Hill already clinched top seed in the West (and yes, I had to double check that to see if my eyes weren't fooling me, but they haven't lost a PSAC West game all season) while Mercyhurst is the 2 seed:

IUP 12-13
        Gannon 12-13
        Cal 11-13

UPJ, Slippy Rock and Clarion are already eliminated so who cares about their records.

Basically, whomever wins the series is in the playoffs, unless Cal somehow loses a game or two to 4-20 Clarion - and since I don't feel like calculating tiebreakers, let's just say that losing once to Clarion should be considered a fireable offense.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          After this #LIT-AF series, they'll have played 50 games. Game 51 is forfeited.

Rules are rules. Playing 51 games instead of 50 is apparently a real b!itch. LOL.

It's actually amazing they got that many games in.
          All they had to do was classify that game vs. D3 Mt Aloysius as an "exhibition" and maybe, just maybe, IUP wouldn't be in this mess. I don't know if they can do that in baseball (they definitely could if it were basketball, in most cases).
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

All they had to do was classify that game vs. D3 Mt Aloysius as an "exhibition" and maybe, just maybe, IUP wouldn't be in this mess. I don't know if they can do that in baseball (they definitely could if it were basketball, in most cases).
            I don't follow the standings at all. Could this actually knock them out of the conference tournament (if they are in the running)?

Comment

I don't follow the standings at all. Could this actually knock them out of the conference tournament (if they are in the running)?
              Heard on the radio that they now need to win 2 of 3 instead of what would have been 2 of 4 to get in the PSAC playoff’s

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Sure, blame everyone except ... wait for it ... the folks at MFH responsible for oversight and scheduling for IUP's baseball team. This is why a lot of your otherwise valid points aren't taken too seriously.

Someone within the IUP program was responsible for scheduling that 51st game, not the Commissioner or someone in the Home Office in Lock Haven. This is IUP's fault and they need to own it.

Now, if you want to make the argument that the game vs D3 Mount Aloysius should've been counted as an exhibition instead of a countable regular season game (much like in college basketball, a game between a D1 and D2 counts only as an exhibition for both teams, unless I'm misremembering), then maybe I could see that point. But, it is what it is and IUP has to own this mistake and be thankful that the sanctions weren't as extreme as, say, postseason ineligibility.

A little context. With the forfeit factored in, these would be standings in the PSAC West; Seton Hill already clinched top seed in the West (and yes, I had to double check that to see if my eyes weren't fooling me, but they haven't lost a PSAC West game all season) while Mercyhurst is the 2 seed:

IUP 12-13
                Gannon 12-13
                Cal 11-13

UPJ, Slippy Rock and Clarion are already eliminated so who cares about their records.

Basically, whomever wins the series is in the playoffs, unless Cal somehow loses a game or two to 4-20 Clarion - and since I don't feel like calculating tiebreakers, let's just say that losing once to Clarion should be considered a fireable offense.
                But the schedule is also on the Pee Sack webpage..so they could have said something a while ago. I don’t trust the Home Office.

The Stewies are all in on baseball. It’s the sport they choose to emphasize.

Comment

Yes and Yes.

Comment

But the schedule is also on the Pee Sack webpage..so they could have said something a while ago. I don’t trust the Home Office.

So, you think the fact that the schedule is on the PSAC webpage makes the league responsible?

Comment

Seton Hill Baseball is elite within the PSAC. They contend every year it seems. Their Softball is also very strong.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                        Heard on the radio that they now need to win 2 of 3 instead of what would have been 2 of 4 to get in the PSAC playoff’s
                        In context, there is next to no baseball following at IUP.

That said, I'd have to think this error would cost somebody their job if the team ends up missing out.

Like I said, outside of this board, probably 7 other people in Indiana even know. If this was men's basketball or football ... Good Lord.

Comment

So, you think the fact that the schedule is on the PSAC webpage makes the league responsible?
                          No but ask yourself why did they wait until the final series against the commissioners alma mater with playoff Berths on the line to address the issue and sanction IUP? Why not a few weeks ago? The schedule was posted and they could have addressed it weeks ago. It’s all very shady on the Home Office’s timing. Anyone else they’d cancel a game and give a “stern warning”.

Didn’t they add games against East Dennyburg at the start of the season beCause it was warm up here and they cancelled games down south.

Last edited by IUPNation; 05-03-2023, 04:51 PM.

Comment

No but ask yourself why did they wait until the final series against the commissioners alma mater with playoff Berths on the line to address the issue and sanction IUP? Why not a few weeks ago? The schedule was posted and they could have addressed it weeks ago. It’s all very shady on the Home Office’s timing. Anyone else they’d cancel a game and give a “stern warning”.
                            I don't think it's a conspiracy but I wonder who discovered it. Was it self-reported, perhaps?

I guess if they win 2 out of the remaining 3 games none of it will matter.

Comment

In context, there is next to no baseball following at IUP.

That said, I'd have to think this error would cost somebody their job if the team ends up missing out.

Like I said, outside of this board, probably 7 other people in Indiana even know. If this was men's basketball or football ... Good Lord.
                              This!

Nobody cares. Almost nobody will know if IUP made the baseball playoffs or not. As an example, this story has gotten far more attention than any game they played this year.

Comment

I don't think it's a conspiracy but I wonder who discovered it. Was it self-reported, perhaps?

I guess if they win 2 out of the remaining 3 games none of it will matter.
                                Why not make IUP forfeit a past game to a team out of the picture?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X